- File Size: 329 KB
- Print Length: 161 pages
- Publication Date: January 27, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004L62IWM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#926,463 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #629 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Prophecies
- #636 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Eschatology
- #1100 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Prophecy
|Print List Price:||$17.95|
Save $14.96 (83%)
Pray That You May Escape Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Once I sat down to read the book the frist day I had to be pried away from it. I picked it up the second day to read some more and was unable to put it down until I had read it in it's entirety. This book is a must read for believers and non believers alike. For the believer it refreshes what we have already been taught, for the non-beleiver it brings some of the events that are happening in today's world into light. It is not for the faint at heart as it would pose to them a dilema they might not be able to grasp, yet a knowlede that every human soul should know. It has stiken my spirit in a way that left me yearning to know more.
I give this book a two thums up. If I had more thumbs they would all be up.
Let's start with my four star review. For someone who is new to the study of eschatology, this book is a terrific primer. It gives an excellent overview of Bible prophecy, and clearly explains where we are today as well as what's to soon happen - the author covers the signs of the End Times including political events, apostasy, the decline in morality, advances in technology, etc. There are plenty of Scripture references, and the book is a very easy read; even a neophyte will have no problems understanding it. Should one desire to learn more about any particular aspect of prophecy, the author has provided a pretty good bibliography.
The reason I rated this four stars and not five is because the author uses the "Nearly Inspired Version" of the Bible (NIV), and my studies have proven the King James to be superior. (But...that a whole other review!)
Now for the two star review... If you've been studying eschatology for a while - or even have read just a few other books on the subject - you'll find nothing new here; it's - as I said earlier - an overview of Bible prophecy and doesn't go deeply into any particular area. I gave the book two stars instead of just one because the author has a nice chart on The Olivet Discourse at the back which lays out those Scripture verses nicely and makes their meaning clear; it's a useful tool in teaching the basics to others.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Prophecies
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Eschatology
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Prophecy
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Prophecies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Eschatology