- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: WaterBrook; 1 edition (August 19, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1578566274
- ISBN-13: 978-1578566273
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.5 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,199,056 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Prayer Changes Teens: How to Parent from Your Knees Paperback – August 19, 2003
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
From the Inside Flap
Give control back to God and get back to what you enjoy most-loving your teen. Parenting teenagers isn't easy. No matter how much we love our kids and want to protect them, we cannot control them or their circumstances. But God "is in control, and- particularly when we trust him-he can take care of our kids far better than we ever could.
So what else "can we do? We can pray. In fact, prayer should be our first response-because prayer is the most powerful tool at a parent's disposal. That is what this book is about: releasing our teens to God's control, learning to pray specifically and with confidence for their every need, and recovering the sense of humor that will help us face the situations that now cause us so much stress. This book includes:
- lighthearted stories designed to help take the edge off of parenting your teenager
- valuable insights on more than twenty areas of conflict you are likely to experience with your teen-from language, grades, and clothing to drugs, drinking, and smoking
- specific prayer strategies to help you make a difference in your teen's life
- perspectives on the "hot" issues, from real teens
- what the Bible has to say on each subject
- tips from parenting experts
- specific prayers to get you started
- discussion starters to help open up dialogue with your teen
Whether parents have never prayed for their teens, have prayed sporadically, or have prayed every day, now is the time to pray even more and in whole new ways-and "Prayer Changes Teens will show them how.
About the Author
Janet Holm McHenry loves speaking at churches, on radio programs, and with other groups about prayer. A high school English, journalism, and creative writing teacher, she is the leader of a local prayerwalk ministry and a group of parents who pray for their teens. She is also the author of hundreds of articles and sixteen books, including PrayerWalk, Daily PrayerWalk, and several mysteries for youth. She lives in Loyalton, California. Janet’s website is
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Too many of us want to control our teens (where do we ever get the idea that we can really do this!?!)when the truest and best control is in our Father's hands. Repeatedly and with humor, Janet reminds us to entrust our children to God's care, and then to pray with the confidence that God is meeting their needs in alignment with his will for their lives.
Prayer Changes Teens serves as a reminder to pray, as a confidence builder for effective prayer, and as an encouragement that through prayer, God's will is done.
It is an excellent investment for parents wanting to understand their teen and improve the in-home relationship.
The book would also be a great small group study book or resource for youth ministers.
-Brenda Nixon, M.A.
speaker and author of Parenting Power in the Early Years