BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 20, 2017
William Barry has written another superb book. Very down to earth and rich with images of friendship. "How can you have a friendship with a person where you can't be honest?" He draws the parallel with our relationship with a power greater than ourselves. I really appreciate how passionate Barry is about having a deep relationship with God (however we experience and know God), and that God is always present ready for us to open just a little bit more to the next level of intimacy.
on April 25, 2013
If you are wondering about how to pray and open up with what is really happening in your heart and soul, this book by Fr. William Barry will encourage you. Each chapter takes a different topic related to our lives, such as fear, sadness, sexuality, and more and helps us see how we can bring our life situations to the Lord as we truly experience them. I can say that it has changed the way I think of prayer and the way I pray.
on December 4, 2014
A wonderful book full of insight. The book is easy to read and also serves as a great guide for your morning prayer. I especially loved the suggestion for thanksgiving based on the alphabet (like some of the psalms). I'm up to the letter "M" so far and have had a delightful 13 days of thanksgiving prayer. But the best gift the book gives is a comfort and a familiarity with God.
on July 15, 2017
Wonderful, honest portrayal of a prayer life that brings you closer to God by admitting our faults and not hiding our humanness from our Maker.
on June 24, 2013
A confession: I read one of Barry's previous books before this one. While I took merit from that book, this is the book I was hoping for when I bought that first one.

Truthfully, I wish I had had this book in my twenties. This gem really cuts to the chase and provides some bedrock insight on prayer. I never previously considered bringing to God in prayer many of the themes Barry writes about. The core thesis in this book asserts that, "Over and over again we discover that telling God the truth, no matter how unsavory that truth is, pulls us out of self absorption and folly and moves us toward becoming the images of God we are created to be."

The author allows us to consider everything as a subject to bring to God in prayer: from rage, sexuality, sadness, our successes, personal fear,how secrecy poisons relationship, our sins, gratefulness toward God, and much more. This book blends personal stories to the themes of the book and introduces numerous Psalms as a form of prayer telling God of our own existential angst.

This is really a very fine book on prayer and it helped me profusely. I think it can help you too!

I've gained admiration and respect for this book as it triggered fruitful avenues and routes to open me to friendship with God. I especially liked the author's interpretations on the prophet Jeremiah and his own existential angst of following God's call, yet finding little hope or prosperity in his own life for doing so.

In today's spiritual marketplace too often we find ourselves under the ground swell of the meme of teachers who assert that our thinking mind alone creates our reality. Barry reminds us that not everything can be explained so easily and that our personal encounter with God is always, first, a great mystery. God decides how our lives will unfold toward its growth, and pain is sometimes a great teacher which softens us and makes us more human.
on October 7, 2015
This book helped me strengthen my relationship with God. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a personal relationship with God.
on June 11, 2016
A faith-filled book about working toward a friendship with God.
on June 4, 2016
It gave me new insights regaring my relationship with God.
on April 22, 2016