Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > The Big Bang Theory: Season 5 forum

Pre Order Pricing Guarantee?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2012, 1:59:13 AM PDT
I pre ordered and was billed $31.49 for season 5. I check now and the price is $24.99. I thought the pre order came with a guarantee low price or did they lower the price after release to screw all those who pre ordered? How does the low price guarantee work because I have never had a price drop between when I pre ordered and release before.

Posted on Sep 12, 2012, 5:11:25 AM PDT
In the past the pre-order price guarantee has worked well for me. For this release I just happened to be on Amazon Sunday night and saw that the price was $31, but was being advertised for $25 at Best Buy, so I canceled. I also noticed on another formum that some people are still seeing the $31 price. So my take is Amazon is choosing certain releases to delay the price drop so they can make more money; probably the big releases with a lot of volume.

Posted on Sep 12, 2012, 1:32:37 PM PDT
M. Razzano says:
No, it's definitely $24.99, and has been since Monday (at least it was when I checked in on my pre-order). I expected to see the price drop on my pre-order before it shipped, but I think because it was already being processed, I fall into this particular category, as stated by the Amazon policy:

"If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price within 48 hours of the release date. If you didn't use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact customer service through the Contact Us button on the right side of any Help page."

As it has only been a day since the release, I'll give it another day or so before I contact Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012, 3:31:41 PM PDT
That is what I am planning on doing, however I have never had to return anything from Amazon and I spent about a half hour trying to figure out how to just send a question to customer service to find out what was going on. How do I go about that? I can't seem to find a link that just says "contact customer service" Maybe I am just blind.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012, 2:03:22 PM PDT
Just an update, I was refunded $6.50 automatically by Amazon without having to ask or anything. That is the kind of service I have come to appreciated from Amazon. That is why I like shopping with them so much. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 2:41:10 AM PST
They informed me they have a 14 day price guarantee on items sold only by Amazon. But you have to call customer service ( sometimes ) to get the price drop credit. I love shopping with them too.

Posted on Feb 26, 2015, 5:08:32 PM PST
K. Yen says:
Hi,

I want to pre-order these Audio-Technica headphones and need my credit card charged prior to the release date of 04/22/15. Will I be able to be charged for this item prior to the pre-order release date?

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones

Thanks,
Kari
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
The Big Bang Theory: Season 5
The Big Bang Theory: Season 5 by Johnny Galecki (DVD - 2012)
4.8 out of 5 stars (1,597)