Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Borderlands 2 [Download] forum

Pre-Order // Steam preloading

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 26, 2012, 2:44:20 PM PDT
Michael says:
Being recently thrown into the world of PC gaming, I'm a bit unsure of how pre-ordering works for the direct download version.

My question is: Could I buy through amazon (get dat $6 back fer more gaems) and be able to preload through steam before release?

Or does Amazon supply keys after the release date?

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012, 9:26:22 PM PDT
Ian Gephart says:
This is similar to what I'm wondering: What's the point of getting a pre-order bonus if you don't actually pay until the game is available?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012, 9:03:35 PM PDT
Quinn Hacke says:
Amazon gives you the product key sometimes the product key will go through steam i preoderd sleeping dogs and when you download it from amazon it launches through steam

Posted on Sep 7, 2012, 5:25:14 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 7, 2012, 5:26:08 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 7, 2012, 5:34:12 PM PDT
Zach G. says:
Can anyone confirm this for sure?

Posted on Sep 8, 2012, 6:11:16 AM PDT
The game page mentions it requires steam for activation. This means that once the game is available, you will receive a product key, which you can use to activate the game in steam directly and download it that way, or you can use the amazon download which will them install steam so you can activate the game.

Either way, you should end up with your game installed via Steam, which is a good thing.

It seems pre-order keys are not ready yet, as I got the 4 pack but have not receive them yet. Other people also confirmed this in the forum.

Cheers.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012, 7:14:19 AM PDT
Michael says:
Yeah I just went with a four pack on steam with a few of my friends. Ended up paying 44$ per copy which is pretty nice.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012, 10:01:52 AM PDT
46and2 says:
when can we proload this on amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012, 5:10:32 PM PDT
SuperG says:
You can preload the game now on steam. Copy the product key that Amazon gives you and activate it on your steam account.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012, 10:27:28 AM PDT
D. Dotter says:
I can confirm. I received all 4 of my steam keys 2 days ago. Was able to activate and pre-load on steam over the weekend. Activated as Borderlands 2 with premiere club DLC WW.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012, 10:43:33 AM PDT
James Pillow says:
Anyone who ordered the download thourgh amazon getting "Sorry, processing of this order is taking longer than expected"?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012, 10:53:35 AM PDT
Jason Long says:
I had that. Had them call me, they said only way to fix it currently is for them to manually cancel it and have me order it again.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012, 11:03:03 AM PDT
James Pillow says:
Just did that, thanks for the info :D

Posted on Sep 17, 2012, 11:28:23 AM PDT
46and2 says:
i cannot cancel my pre order and do it again still havent got my cd key and the game comes out tommoro damz i want to pre load this game now!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012, 11:46:47 AM PDT
Jason Long says:
Go into your order and request they call you. They can f ix it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012, 2:30:23 PM PDT
Jason Long says:
I had that. Had them call me, they said only way to fix it currently is for them to manually cancel it and have me order it again.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012, 5:50:24 PM PDT
46and2 says:
i called them it worked thanks bro
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Jul 26, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about