Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet 12.5 Inch by Fresh Australian Kitchen. Oven Safe Cookware, Perfect Camping, Indoors and Outdoor Pan.
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PREMIUM PROFESSIONAL QUALITY; The cast iron in the Fresh Australian Kitchen skillet has unbeatable heat retention, meaning the heat is dispersed evenly across the entire surface of its thick base to ensure thorough and even cooking with no cool spots.
- THE ‘USE IT ANYWHERE’ PAN; Bake, Sauté, Grill, Broil, Braise, Sear with your Skillet. Each Skillet is Ovenproof and Suitable to be Used on a BBQ Grill, Gas, Electric or most Induction Stoves.
- TOUGH AND DURABLE; With care your skillet should last for generations. The Fresh Australian skillet comes pre-seasoned, but if it ever starts to show signs of ‘too much love’ just re-season it (instructions included) and it’ll be as good as new. A skillet re-seasoned, is a skillet reborn.
- FOR THE HOME CHEF - Not only is a well-seasoned skillet non-stick, but with a handle on both sides, The Fresh Australian Kitchen Skillet doubles as a baking dish.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE – Products for A Healthy, Outdoors, Lifestyle… With the Security of a Lifetime Guarantee.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Fresh Australian Kitchen
At Fresh Australian Kitchen, we believe that culinary talent and creativity comes from the cook.
Our funnels and cookware have been designed to let you explore and expand those abilities.
Our products will help you to experiment and play with different flavors styles and ideas.
And most importantly, they will never let you down!
Made to be simple and durable. Strong and robust. For experts and learners.
So, get curious, unleash your creativity, get cooking….
Care for your cast iron skillet
Seasoning cast iron is relatively easy and will help make your skillet last a lifetime.
Seasoning occurs when fats and oils on the cast iron are heated above their ‘smoking point’. Essentially the fats and oils cook into the surface and create a tough hard film that give a natural ‘non-stick’ finish and keep the cast iron protected.
How to Season
- Wash thoroughly. Before seasoning you can wash with soap but do not use soap once the cast iron has been seasoned.
- Cover the cookware with a thin film of oil – on all surfaces, including the outside.
- Gently rub the oil off with paper towel so it looks like there is nothing left on the surface. The cast iron should look dry and not glistening with oil.
- Place upside down in a cold oven. Put aluminium foil underneath to catch any drips.
- Turn the oven to 500 °F (or as high as your oven will go) and let the cookware pre heat in the oven.
- When it reaches maximum temperature, set the timer for one hour, after an hour turn the oven off but do not open the door.
- Let the oven cool off with the cookware inside for two hours at which time the cast iron should be cool enough to handle.
- For best results repeat this process to achieve the semi-gloss, seasoned cast iron you are aiming for.
- Make sure you re-season using this process from time to time. If you do it right the seasoning should last for months as long as you don’t undo the seasoning by using soap or too much scraping.
- Be sure to completely dry the cast iron cookware before storing
- If you need to remove rust use a mixture of salt and oil and scrub it hard into the rust. Then rinse thoroughly in hot water. Use steel wool if necessary.
- Once you have removed the rust…re-season.
Cast iron has been proven for its excellent potential in cooking over the centuries. Our hand crafted cast iron skillet will last for generations to come. Its legendary heat retrntion allows even cooking for superb and delicious results. Furthermore iron cookware is known to fortify food with iron.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm not going to go into detail on here on how to use it, just look it up, there are thousands of articles everywhere on the internet. Just make sure that if you are a cast iron virgin, that you do your research before you use it and you will be fine.
I will say this-- I am somewhat lazy when it comes to cleaning... I'm in my lower 20's focusing on building my career... I work 60-70 hours a week so I DO NOT have the time or the patience to stay home and cook ans clean all day. I was pleasantly surprised when I figured out from experience how easy cleaning one of these was. Depending on what you read, some articles on the internet make it sound like cleaning cast iron is easy, others make it sound labor-intensive. Its easy. Literally wipe it out when done. Keep it shiny by rubbing some oil on it at all times to avoid rust. Bam.
Sometimes I will wash it under warm water and use a non-abrasive wash cloth with a *drop* of dish soap if needed. You cannot wash this thing like your non-stick stuff. Again, do your research. Cool part is cast iron is impossible to ruin... So if you screw it up by doing something you shouldn't have, you can fix it by seasoning it.
Look up "Seasoning a cast iron skillet on the stove". You will not regret it.
The best change is food tastes so much better. I did not tell my husband I had made any changes the first three times I used the pan. I made old favorites and each time he said the food was very good today but he did not know what changed. He just could not put a finger on it, but noticed each time. You cannot beat the taste. Thanks for bring a great product my way.
Great product and great buy.
Most recent customer reviews