Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating FFII_gno
Customer Discussions > Pokemon Y forum

Pre-order bonuses

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 30, 2013, 4:28:07 AM PST
RP says:
Does anyone know if Amazon ever offers pre-order bonuses for games? I wonder if we'll get any for Pokémon X/Y.

Posted on Feb 4, 2013, 12:28:59 PM PST
I hope at least a $10 credit or something like a case or an eshop code

Posted on Feb 5, 2013, 4:46:57 PM PST
SkipIt says:
Maybe? I've only heard of one time they did pre-order bonuses and those were figurines of the legendary pokemon of the game, I think. And I think that was only through GameStop, then again I wasn't into browsing online stores, like Amazon, at the time so I don't know.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013, 9:59:46 PM PST
Wendy says:
Yes they do. If there is a preorder bonus then it will say so on the product page.
Just check out this game: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

Posted on Feb 6, 2013, 8:56:50 PM PST
AilaReza says:
I got a $20 credit for pre-ordering Dead Space 3. I have never seen them do it for Pokemon, though. Pokemon Black/White 2 did not have anything special. I pre-ordered at Target because you got a $5 gift card for picking it up. When White came out, Target gave you a bunch of awesome art cards for free. I love Amazon, but they don't really offer anything for Pokemon pre-orders.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013, 7:19:18 AM PST
false @AilaReza, i got 5$ on black and white preorders...

Posted on Mar 26, 2013, 8:52:47 AM PDT
Boston007 says:
I'm definitely preordering these both, but waiting to see if there will be any preorder bonuses. I hope there will be.

Posted on May 22, 2013, 11:34:22 AM PDT
Dry_Bones says:
Do what I'll do, purchase 1. Either pre-order or within a month of release. Then wait 'till new promotions come out 2-3 months later, and grab the other one. Just like Vicinity was given out upon release, the a while later, Lucario was given out with new copies.

All of this is assuming the games are worth it.

Posted on Jun 12, 2013, 3:51:13 PM PDT
I'm surprised they haven't done a pre-order Pokemon exclusive yet.

Posted on Jun 14, 2013, 8:47:08 AM PDT
Gustavo says:
Pre-order bonuses aren't as likely as they used to be.

I pre-ordered Pearl and got a stylus with a little Palkia in the top.

I pre-ordered Heart Gold and got a figurine of Ho-oh.

I pre-ordered Black and got the opportunity to download Victini over wifi (of course, months later they released another Victini making my pre-order bonus not so special anymore).

I pre-ordered Black2 and got nothing.

I don't expect anything awesome with Pokemon Y, I am going to pre-order it anyway, but don't think there will be any good pre-order bonus.

Posted on Jun 25, 2013, 9:46:52 PM PDT
Andylion says:
I actually plan on doing this as a digital download through the Nintendo store. I did it with Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and I'd like to do it with Pokemon as well because I play it all the time, no matter what else I'm playing, so it'll be nice to always have it with me and not have to worry about the card.

Posted on Jun 27, 2013, 2:41:51 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2013, 1:48:17 AM PDT
EpsilonX says:
My mom pre-ordered Pearl for me as a gift, since she knew I wanted it and thought I would enjoy the stylus, but I never got the stylus...

Posted on Aug 7, 2013, 10:18:21 AM PDT
R Dizzle says:
The UK is supposedly getting Pokeballs with each pre-order of the game's that store a few 3DS games inside them with a little black stand that comes with them that's removable and it looks like a real pokeball although it's just plastic but still they look really good. I doubt us in NA will get that same pre-order bonus though. If we do though I'll jump in joy. I'd absolutely love Pokeballs to store 3DS games in :D

Posted on Aug 12, 2013, 12:13:09 PM PDT
Gustavo says:
From what I expect, the pre-order bonus on amazon will be the ability to download a Torchic with the Blazikenite. Just as they did with Victini for White/Black.

@Nitefury, no, if you pre-order and pay for the game, they will send it to you as soon as they have it on existence.

@EpsilonX must've been lost on the mail. I can assure you the styluses came because I still have mine.

@R Dizzle it's cool to have that pokball but I highly doubt it. Hope I'm wrong though.

Posted on Aug 12, 2013, 2:15:36 PM PDT
How long does the torchic event last?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2013, 8:35:19 AM PDT
Jack says:
I believe I read until January or something so you have tons of time.

Posted on Sep 7, 2013, 11:49:10 AM PDT
Gustavo says:
So, 35 days for the release of the game and still amazon hasn't announced any pre-order bonus. I haven't pre-ordered because I want to see which store has the best bonus before I do. At this point I take anything as a pre-order bonus (well, anything physical not a wifi download) but that doesn't seem to be happening at all...at least not in amazon.

Posted on Sep 7, 2013, 7:41:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2013, 7:41:48 PM PDT
A customer says:
I do know that gamestop is giving out a two sided poster as a preorder bonus (one side with legendaries, other is map of the region).
Gamestop is also giving a Timeline print if you preorder and purchase both x & y.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/pokemon-x-and-y

Posted on Sep 17, 2013, 3:42:26 AM PDT
Someone says:
There is no pre-order bonus on Amazon, but at GameStop, they are giving out free posters with the release. And, on launch day, Nintendo is distributing Torchics holding the Blazikenite, just like they did with Black & White, when they distributed Victini.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2013, 9:03:43 PM PDT
Aaron says:
Until January 1st of 2014

Posted on Sep 22, 2013, 9:07:07 PM PDT
Aaron says:
Speaking of which, did anyone notice that if you miss your chance to get the Torchic with Blazikenite, you miss your chance to Mega Evolve him?, as stated, if you miss the distribution, the only other way to get a blazikenite is by trading with another player. I myself refrain from using blaziken, but I might be able to use him as a precious trading pokemon..

Posted on Oct 3, 2013, 12:42:24 PM PDT
Dry_Bones says:
A search for any bonuses yielded this: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pokemon-x-y-preorder-bonus?page=5

In other words, nothing besides the option to have a Blaziken that can mega evolve.(torchic event) Unless you like the pins or want a poster.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2013, 1:12:44 PM PDT
Do you know how many time will be the torchic available? since amazon is delivering a little bit late the games, hopefully is one week

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2013, 11:36:01 PM PDT
There will be a downloadable pokemon for the first week.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pokemon Y forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Jan 30, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

This discussion is about
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Y by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.6 out of 5 stars (2,514)