Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2013 6:00:05 AM PDT
I thought this game wasn't supposed to come out for at least 2 years? I know they had a teaser trailer at E3, but I'm pretty sure it's not even remotely close to done. Has anyone heard differently?

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 7:23:23 AM PDT
i believe amazon does this for everything, probably just to advertise product. but waiting over 10+ months for a pre-order is pretty nonsensical.

i'm putting the release at late next year, early 2015. Cause really the more they make me wait AFTER SHOWING IT OFF, the less i want it. Honestly the 8 year wait killed the die hard fan in me, plus the fact that they are skipping current gen. (probably)

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 7:54:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2013 7:51:18 AM PDT
A long time ago, Nomura said that starting in 2009, we would get one Kingdom Hearts game every year. He has lived up to that. 2009 was Days, 2010 was Birth By Sleep, 2011 was Re:coded, 2012 was Dream Drop Distance, and this year is HD 1.5 ReMIX. I assume 2014 will be 2.5 Remix, and then 2015 will be Kingdom Hearts III.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2013 9:28:00 AM PDT
They aren't skipping the current gen, they are releasing 1.5 HD Remix for PS3. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix - Limited Edition

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2013 12:34:37 PM PDT
Hope you're right. If that's the schedule, I don't mind much cause I love getting PS3 trophies and being able to get them in KH1 and KH2 would be cool

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2013 1:22:29 AM PDT
Jacob Glass says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 10:51:48 PM PDT
I. Bryan says:
Eh, just going off of FF13 versus (now FF15), I'm going to give this another decade or so...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2013 11:18:23 AM PDT
I disagree, I feel the entire reason remixes are being released is so people who didn't get the psp or ds for recoded and Birth by sleep can play the games, to completely cover all the aspects that will be important in KH3, they'll release 2.5 next year, then in 2015 we shall be graced with KH3 :]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2013 5:59:19 PM PDT
You could not be more wrong on this, yes 1.5 was in one way to mark the 10th anniversary but it is also done because Nomura wants all the KH games on a single console, he wanted to give the fans in other parts of the world the Final Mix versions and its a way to catch up on the series before 3. Nomura has already said the second remaster is underway and it will probably be announced at the TGS in September.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2013 12:33:17 PM PDT
Jacob Glass says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2013 10:13:31 AM PDT
book lover says:

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 6:22:03 PM PDT
HDProdigy says:

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 12:00:02 PM PDT
Matt says:
I am personally just happy that the game is only at $60. I won't be buying it for a year, but I was concerned that the next gen games would go up to say $80 each.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2013 7:23:13 PM PDT
That is just a rumor,and besides,in the Gamescom announcement,SE said that KH3 and FFXV would be the latest released out of their line-up.

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 10:37:08 PM PDT
Logan Graham says:
If Nintendo can resurrect the Wii U, I think 2.5 will be on that system in 2014. I see 1.5 as a sort of apology to current gen owners for 8 years of being strung along, as well as a 101 course for series newbies, and 2.5 (Kingdom Hearts 2 HD and Birth By Sleep HD) will be the Intermediary course, while Kingdom Hearts 3 is the mind-blowing PhD course. KH DDD is too new a game for an HD remake, and Re:Coded contributes very, very little to the overarching Xehanort Saga. The Wii U theory will only hold water if the system can hold its own this holiday season, and if not, Square will likely go for the PS3 market again.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2013 4:12:50 PM PDT
Kagejmorgan says:
DDD too new for an HD port? *Looks at Resident Evil Revelations*

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2013 4:46:03 PM PDT
Logan Graham says:
That was Capcom, and they remake, update, and port "old" games more than anyone else in the industry. *Looks at Street Fighter II, Street Fighter 4, Dead Rising 2, MvC 3, Monster Hunter 3, and Resident Evil 4.* I also want them to prioritize remaking BBS over DDD, because BBS is the only KH game I have never played. If Nintendo convinces me to get a Wii U, I'd like to play the game I couldn't before, and not the one sitting in my 3DS as I type these words.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2013 5:40:56 PM PDT
Z. Beebe says:
@Logan: 2.5 will be KH II Final Mix HD, BBS Final Mix HD, and cutscenes from DDD. They show the games in the ending credits of 1.5. Also, they can't put DDD on PS3 because it relies on the touch screen for a lot of inputs.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2013 8:57:28 PM PDT
T. Lamy says:
Actually the games that are shown in the ending credits of 1.5 are KHIIFM, BbS (maybe the FM version?), and Re:coded. There are no scenes from DDD shown at the end of 1.5, leading most people to believe that it won't be included in any form.

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 11:50:30 PM PDT
Logan Graham says:
I was hoping for Xbox 360 versions 1.5 and 2.5, which is why I'm switching to Playstation 4 next generation, accompanied by a Vita. Xbox 360 did not have many notable JRPGs, or any HD remakes of them, and I missed Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xillia, and all that The Last of Us business.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2013 11:53:38 PM PDT
Logan Graham says:
DDD would only work on the Wii U, unless they completely revamped how to pull off the Reality Shifts. They figured how to do it in Rayman Legends, so why can't it work on other consoles?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2013 7:07:56 AM PDT
J. Thompson says:
Your theory is wrong considering this year marked 11 years since Kingdom Hearts came out. Also the director said he wanted to release one Kingdom Hearts to come out every year. And since he also said that 3 was still far off on being ready, it won't release next year, so that leaves up the potential for a 2.5 REMIX edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2013 6:17:18 PM PDT
Kingdom Hearts 3 has now been confirmed for 2014.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2013 6:20:38 PM PDT
It's confirmed for 2014. Nomura likes to work on things in secret. For all we know it's been worked on for years.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2013 6:48:34 PM PDT
J. Thompson says:
Where is your info coming from? Last time I heard his primary development focus was on Final Fantasy 15 and that that they had only just started on KH3. Why else do you think they only showed about 15 seconds of gameplay at e3? If the game was close to coming out next year, they would have shown more gameplay, like they did with Final Fantasy 15. Just saying I believe that KH3 will be out 2015.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kingdom Hearts III - PlayStation 4
Kingdom Hearts III - PlayStation 4 by Square Enix (PlayStation 4)