Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 104 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 141 reviews
VINE VOICEon June 7, 2010
In labeling this movie, I would say for the sake of argument that Preacher's Kid is Christian but with very worldly undertones; shoot, I have heard cursing in the most unlikely of places and in this flick, it didn't surprise me. I have to say, Clifton Powell, played his role well and that is a supporting role. Letoya Luckett was great. Really great; the guy who was her boyfriend, he convinced me he was no good from the door. Her father, the folks she grew up with, good. I really enjoyed the movie and I would encourage it to the young as a great cautionary tale. Now, in this situation, things could have gotten really bad. She could have never gotten back home at all, but to God be the glory, she was able to without too much harm. some don't come back like they left although we can say well, that's show business for you, but still, interesting flick.
on March 3, 2012
I really think this is a movie that every young lady should watch. Here, I come from the perspective of the hard lessons Angie learned in this movie. If you're one that can learn from others, you can gain some things here. Angie is the daughter of a Bishop, is past the legal age to be living at home, but her father's high expectations of her and her rigid schedule of church responsibilities has her feeling held back and wanting more.

Angie ends up meeting a man who seduces her by saying the right things, spending some money on her and showing her some glimpses of life in the spotlight. Once he has her, a very different side of him shows, but Angie hangs on with hopes that he will turn out to be who she wants him to be. She loses her self-respect doing this, others around her know what's happening, but she avoids admitting this to herself. I think unfortunately too often some of us women have had relationships where we know we aren't with the right man, aren't being treated with respect and love, but still we hang on, hoping the personality we saw when we first met the man is really who he is.

What happens beyond this point in the movie, I'll omit as I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. LeToya Luckett, a two-time Grammy Award-winning American R&B singer and songwriter, does a pretty good acting job here and is a fine singer. Gregory Alan Williams plays the role of Angie's father and I must say he played it very convincingly. All in all, a movie that covers some life lessons very well, has a lot of good music in it. Let me say I wish I would have bought it rather than just rented it, because I'll watch it again soon.
on January 10, 2011
Wow all the negative reviews... The truth hurts... This movie to me is reality, church for real, real life issues.. The church is not a perfect place and you will not find a perfect church.... So why all the negative reviews, because it hit home for many and many don't want to face the truth, look at all the issues in churches of today.. Just think of the things we don't hear about and don't make the news.

As far as the movie it was great! I saw this movie today and I said a movie that has reality to it! Real life issues, many church people stray and continue to sin, many live double lives and have the mask on Sunday morning.. The movie spoke the truth.

See this movie for your self, it was great entertainment for our family, we enjoyed it and plan to share this movie with other family members and friends! This is a great story line, real issues, real solutions. Many church families have the issues in their homes/lives/churches that this movie spoke on. But I like how the Bishop stated he was a man of faith and proved that he was.

See the movie you won't regret it!...

Another Great movie to see is called A Good Man Is Hard To Find.. I purchased this movie through Amazon, you will not be disappointed...

On Fire for the Lord for real!
on April 26, 2010
This movie is reality. As one reviewer said, yes it has cussing in it - some in the church (And in my lifetime, I've heard someone curse in the church. Did I agree with it - no but it happens. Folk also lie and lust in the church. Come on let's keep it real - no church is perfect. No person is perfect. Kids age 13 and older hear cussing and see things on the TV and in the neighborhood, and at church. The main topic of the movie is a parent, who happens to be a pastor has a strong hold on his daughter, who is over 21, because his wife died and she stepped in to help him with some things his wife was doing. He's very dependent on her, and don't want her to go out and enjoy life - not even a simple movie so she gets fed up and leaves home. She had to learn the hard way that life isn't so easy and she returns to her first love - God and her family.

Parents it's up to you to allow your kids to see this. You can watch it with them and explain different situations so they won't be naive to the world when they get out of there teaching the boys to be young men and the girls to carry themselves as young ladies. I absolutely loved it - almost teared up a few times.....ok I did - lol. I think it is a good movie for those 13 and older. Kids now and days know more now than we did when we were that age. I can't wait to get my own copy of it now that it's coming out on DVD.
66 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2017
Just go to show you that if you want fame and fortune, it comes with a price. Be smart, let God lead you, not your flesh.
on April 4, 2017
Movie is not as good as I would have thought. Kind of disappointed.
on August 5, 2017
Good clean movie
on March 15, 2013
This is such a great movie! Every time I watch this movie I cry and get chills so badly. The storyline reminds me of some of actual preacher's kids. I myself am a preacher's kid, and this was a movie my father and I watched. We realized that sometimes PKs are put under so much pressure and portrayed as "the worst ones" or "wild ones". This movie in conclusion shows the extremes of a PK gone sour. Not all end up like this particular PK, but are faced with the same/similar situations.

Such a fantastic movie!!
on July 25, 2017
It was ok
on October 27, 2012
A great story of faith & redemption, the only flaw I find with Preacher's Kid is the predictability of the end. But that's to be expected right (no pun intended)? Movies in this genre always end the same, but that's how it should be. The movie takes you on the road with this determined young woman and, while you may not have had similar experiences, you begin to identify with her because she makes mistakes and gets in over her head just like the rest of us. It's an uplifting story of healing, with a great musical backdrop that adds humor & soul to the already wonderful film.