Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on January 21, 2012
I have used Canon equipment since I was a high school photographer for both my Yearbook and student newspaper in the 1980's. I have since converted to Digital photography and once again picked Canon. I own the 60mm Macro EF-S lens, and this hood fits it perfectly. The lens has a "dedicated" mount, meaning it is designed for a lens hood to be fitted to it. You simply line up the hood with the ridge mounts on the very front edge of the lens, and twist it on. It solidly locks in place and will not come off. This hood even has the "Canon" logo on it in very small letters next to "for ET-67B". The ONLY difference I see is that most Canon brand hoods have small "nylon" wheels that do the sliding when you twist them on a camera lens. I guess that is so the hood is "gentler" on the lens mounts. After a few years and many mounts/dis-mounts, these nylon areas eventually wear down and the hood slips on easier and easier eventually making the fit feel kind of "loose". I'll have to see how this one compares over time, but I don't think it will be an issue. Also, some Canon lens hoods actually have a "felt like" material on the inside portion of the hood to eliminate any light flairs. This knock-off does not have that, but most people buy a hood to protect the lens in the case of being dropped or impacting something when it is in use so...bottom line is, this seems to be a good bargian, espicially at 1/3 the price of a Canon hood. I mean really, they are all just plastic anyway.
on October 20, 2012
At first I thought this hood was way too tight but after a week or two of use it has a very nice engagement to it that feels much better than most aftermarket hoods. The only downside to this hood over the Canon OEM version is the lack of flocking on the inside of the hood, but that's not really an issue for macro work. I don't think there's any reason to buy the OEM version over this aftermarket alternative.
on July 28, 2012
There is not much to say. It is just a plastic lens hood. It does not feel flimsy or brittle. I goes on easy and feels snug, like I would expect. I have used it several times without any issues or concerns.

I am glad I bought this instead of the name brand product. The extra money just does not seem worth it, when this product performs well, unless you simply prefer to have the name brand product.
on February 28, 2014
As other reviewers have pointed out, I sometimes find it difficult to attach this hood to my lens. However, with some work I can get it attached, and it seems to do the job just fine. I still think it was a good puchase for the price.
on February 15, 2014
Fit on lens is tight. Not snug, tight. Construction is so, so. Will probably fit better with use, or break. It certainly won't fall off like the Canon name brand hood I lost.
on March 5, 2014
Fits a little to tight for my liking. Good price, rugged, maybe a little too much for me, as I would rather have something less stiff and easily removed.
on April 2, 2014
This arrived quickly but does NOT fit my canon 60mm macro at all. I'm bummed. I had high hopes after reading the reviews here.
on September 12, 2013
but haven't taken it off once I mounted it.
Mounting took a little mechanical mojo;
no reason to take it off now.

Photography by heartfulSoul
on April 19, 2014
This lens hood fits my 60mm Canon macro lens very nicely and holds in place firmly. I'd buy it again without hesitation.
on June 21, 2011
I love what it does, and I like the price compared to canon's own product. The only thing I will say is that it feels very rough putting it on and taking it off. Like it doesn't belong on the lens barely or something. Also I was sad cause a friend of mine told me he'd sell me his used Canon brand one for 12 dollars. I felt burned.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.