Precor AMT 835 Commercial Series Adaptive Motion Trainer with Open Stride Technology
|Price:||$9,395.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied stair climber
- Moving to another location is not included
- Typical assembly time of 3 hours
- Removal of packaging materials to customer's bin
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Naturally adapt stride length from 0 to 36 inches. Open Stride technology allows users to adapt stride height from 6.8 inches to 10 inches. Visualize stride length changes in real-time with Stride Dial to target muscle groups
- 20 resistance levels (20-375 Watts). Heart Rate sensors located on fixed handlebars or use the telemetry function with a chest strap. Dual Action provides both upper and lower body workouts
- Readouts: Heart Rate: Current, Average, Max, Target; Distance: Total, Remaining, Target; Calories: Total Burned, Calories/Min, Calories/Hour; Time: Target, Elapsed, Remaining, In-Zone; Strides: Per Min, Avg, Total; Mets; Watts
- Equipment dimensions: Length 80 inches, Width 35 inches, Height 73 inches. Weight: 422 lbs. Maximum user weight 514 lbs
- 10-year warranty on parts (mechanical and electronic). 1-year warranty on labor. Lifetime warranty on frame and welds
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
The AMT 835 with Open Stride is the 3rd generation of Adaptive Motion Trainers from Precor and is the exact same unit as the commercial machines you'll find in fitness clubs worldwide. A machine as versatile as the human body and different from any other type of exercise machine, the award-winning Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer (AMT) is designed to not only work your body, but also your imagination. Go from short strides to long strides, walking to running, regular stair climber to deep lunges - all on-the-fly. The AMT gives you the freedom to customize a challenging and completely unique workout every time. Imagine getting a treadmill, bike and elliptical all in one piece of equipment. The AMT delivers similar workouts to all 3 of these machines. This single piece of equipment fully engages exercisers of all fitness levels with an infinite range of stride paths to create a uniquely effective low-impact workout, making every workout a personalized experience. Open Stride lets you not only change the length of your stride but also the height, providing an infinite variety of motion paths. Go vertical and it’s a stepper. Increase resistance and it’s a climber. Then go more horizontal and walk, jog or sprint with a stride length that goes up to 36 inches (91 cm). Three distinct positions on the moving handlebars provide a comfortable fit for nearly every user. The rodeo grip has a heart rate sensor built-in that provides monitoring and a stable, comfortable position when focusing on the lower body. Trusted by fitness professionals, Precor makes innovative equipment that meets the most demanding needs. The AMT 835 is backed by a 10-year warranty on all parts.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I did have an Octane, a rather highly rated and well made elliptical. But, it has only so many possible motions and it did suffer from some electronic glitches in the brake motor.
So, after doing a lot of research, and trying many different machines, I took the plunge on this device.
Home installation may be possible for the "do it your selfer", but the machine weighs about 450 pounds and is a bear to maneuver. The footprint is actually smaller than a typical elliptical, but the device itself is a solid monster that is hard to push, tilt, or move.
So, I had professionals move it in, set it up, and color me happy.
I bike in the good weather, and this machine allows a motion that is almost identical to out of the saddle hill climbing on a bike.
It can be a stair stepper, or just a long stride elliptical. And it has a long stride that is greater than almost any other machine and to give a good forward and backward stretch.
And it is expensive. The store I purchased it from did allow some bargaining on installation costs and the final price, so I saved a fair amount.
However, having used it now for almost two months, I am convinced it will be the single piece of exercise equipment that stays with me for the years to come.
So, if there is a desire to avoid the constant unhappiness with machines that seem to get boring, having limitations, or just don't provide a variety... and the quality is suspect. I would not hesitate to recommend this device.
It felt like she took control and she coaxed me into zone two effortlessly. I was beginning to sweat. We met each other stride for stride and before I knew it my heart was pounding and we were in zone three. She got me in my zone faster than I've ever been there before. I reached her maximum stride and it felt good; like I could go on all day. It was like I was flying.
I tried to back off a little so I wouldn't burn out prematurely, but she kept enticing me to stay in the rhythm. I realized that I have been riding her for twenty minutes. I never lasted this long at this level before. We soon resumed our maximum stride and it was near time to finish. I pumped it up and my heart began to race to new heights. Heights that I haven't seen in a long time. I'm in zone four, I'm in zone four, I kept telling myself. At the thirty minute mark I reached my apex and I was soon spent. We were both drenched in sweat.
As I basked in the afterglow and cooled down, I knew this was the beginning of a wonderful relationship. I'm not finished with you Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer with Open Stride. I'll be back tomorrow.
If you felt that this was anything other than a review of exercise equipment then shame on your dirty mind.
Update March 2016.
I've upgraded my Octane Q47xi in my home gym for an Octane XT-ONE. The XT-ONE is a commercial rated elliptical and has adjustable incline as well as adjustable stride. I've worked out extensively on the XT-ONE as well as the AMT. The XT-ONE retails for around $8,000 although they can be purchased for closer to $7,000. That's still quite a bit cheaper than the AMT. I strongly prefer the XT-ONE over the AMT. The AMT feels like you're bouncing, almost like a trampoline. The XT-ONE at full incline feels like your climbing mountains. There is a huge range of motion and as with the Q47, the upper body workout is much better than the AMT. I've had the AMT at level 20 (which is the maximum), and didn't feel that I was getting that much of an upper body work out.
The XT-ONE is like having an elliptical, treadmill, and stair climber in one machine. I strongly recommend that anyone considering a purchase of a Precor AMT, take a look at the Octane XT-ONE first.
Most recent customer reviews
1. Too many settings on the 835.Read more
Excellent machine for good workout
Only negative that battery has to be changed every three or...Read more