Top critical review
16 people found this helpful
Predator Trilogy is Action-Packed
on August 23, 2013
This is a 6-disc (3BD & 3DVD) release of 3 Predator films. Arnie stars in the first and best regarded Predator. The video and audio are good but not great (yet they are the best released to date). It is the best Predator collection available but a 3-hour retrospective documentary with the cast and crew would make it even better. Even with over 4 hours of supplements it can't compare to the Alien Anthology.
Predator (Ultimate Hunter Edition): [~90 Minutes of Bonuses]
* ALL-NEW Digital Restoration of Predator
* ALL-NEW Sneak Peak at Predators (1:44)
* ALL-NEW "Evolution of the Species: Hunters of Extreme Perfection" Featurette (11:13)
* Feature-Length Audio Commentary by John McTiernan
* Text Commentary by Historian Eric Lichtensfeld
* "If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It" Making-Of Documentary (28:46)
* "Inside The Predator" Documentary (31 min) - 7 featurettes.
* Special Effects Featurettes (15 min)
* Deleted Scenes and Outtakes (5 min) - 1 deleted scene and 3 outtakes.
* Short Takes, * Theatrical Trailers, * Photo Galleries, * Predator Profile
Predator 2: [~79 Minutes] Two audio commentaries, one with director Stephen Hopkins and another with screenwriting siblings, Jim and John Thomas; The Hunters and the Hunted: a 35-minute making-of feature; Evolutions: a look at three different shots in various stages of post-production; Weapons of Choice: the arsenal of the Predator; Hard Core Segments: the complete cuts of the news broadcasts from the film; a promotional gallery; and a Fox UK weblink.
Predators: [~78 Minutes] An audio commentary from producer Robert Rodriguez and director Antal; "prequel vignettes", presented as motion comics; Evolution of The Species: Predator Reborn, a series of making-of featurettes (40 minutes in all); Making a Scene feaurette (7 minutes); The Chosen featurette, whihc introduces all the characters (4 minutes); nine deleted and extended scenes.
Skip the overrated Ultimate Hunter Edition of Predator. My only complaints are that the extras are light for a trilogy set and the digital copies cannot be redeemed in the US. The discs are region free but the digital copy codes are not region free so you have 3 extra discs. I rate the original film 5 stars but this release gets only 3 stars. It has managed to hold its value.