BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Prefontaine
Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon April 27, 2017
Very well done. I'm not sure why others have rated this so poorly. Without Limits is slightly better, but this is very, very good. And I am not a racing fan. Only slight negative is that despite a high bit rate, Mill Creek didn't have the best print to work from (surprise!)
on August 23, 2017
nice storiy
Enthusiast: Photographyon November 4, 2014
An outstanding movie. A fascinating story about a running legend, with high quality acting. Gives a sense of what it must have been like to experience the '72 Olympics, unfortunately marred by a tragic terrorist event.
on April 15, 2014
Like this version much more than Without Limits. I think this version is more historically accurate and less dramatized by Hollywood. For example, includes the entire Munich experience which Without Limits hardly touched upon. Of course, who knows what is the real truth unless you were there or have really studied the facts, but his foot injury, from what I have heard, was indeed from a swimming related (vs sex related) injury. I found that scene in Without Limits just ludicrous. My vote is for Prefontaine and it is a very inspirational story regardless if you yourself are a runner.
on June 6, 2008
A longtime runner, myself, who'd forgotten about this rising star in the runner's world, can testify to "Prefontaine" being the best athlete bio-pic of recent memory that surprises, informs and inspires in the best sense of the word.You'll lace up the running shoes after this film. The script was generous to all the supporting people who nurture greatness in the form of Steve Prefontaine. Special mention should go to the casting and artistic control of this looking back upon the start of the jogging era. Jared Leto plays Prefontaine like a glove, at first running on brashness to finish on unselfish awareness. Certainly, there are parallels to James Dean here, but when actual Munich footage enters effectively, Leto's portrayal ascends with the laurels Prefontaine earned. Next to "Jim Thorpe--All Merican" in inspiration, "Prefontaine" uplifts with its sad ending, while "Thorpe" falls away despairingly. When you watch this film unfold as much about a gifted athlete as a giving one, and you reflect upon the selfish ones today, you will want to learn more about this comet who blazed once brightly. And that makes this the exceptional film.
on March 3, 2014
Interesting, tragic story. Unlike some reviewers, I enjoyed the tangential subjects like the unfairness imposed by the Amateur Athletic Association (?). I also had no problem with what's been described as the "pseudo-documentary" approach, I thought it was used a minimal way that enhanced the story and kept it from going down too many long roads to develop the character indirectly. . Jared Leto did a great acting job as Prefontaine, just didn't quite look the part. Really wish the Prefontaine-Viren rematch could have happened in 76', guess we'll never know.
on July 9, 2015
The difference about this movie is that is was NOT a sugar-coated, rose-colored nostalgic look back on this superb American runner/competitor. The glimpse back into history with Munich Olympics and Terrorist carnage was poignant. If you're looking for uplifting, feel-good entertainment, this is not it; but if you haven't heard of this fellow, then it's worth the history lesson. Mark in NY
on August 7, 2015
I really enjoyed this movie. I bought it because it starred Jared Leto, but I was really caught up in the story. I knew nothing about Steve Prefontaine's life before watching this movie although I vaguely remember the Munich Olympics and all the famous athletes that competed there. I was fascinated to learn about the connection with "Nike".
on August 29, 2016
More of a documentary than an actual "film." Still, it captured much of what Pre was about.
I was a distance runner (the same age as Pre) so grew up in that era.
I saw when he set the high school 2 mile record.
on March 22, 2017
Only knew of him as he was an inspiration to my son. After watching the film, I know why. Excellent film and one that I will watch over and over.