Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 81 reviews
on December 9, 2012
I bought this because I only had one port left on my DSL modem, and needed to plug in both my blu-ray player and Xbox 360. Here's the deal: It works perfectly, but ONLY ONE DEVICE can be powered on at a time. If you are trying to use this to share two constant network connections, IT AIN'T GONNA WORK. I can game on Xbox, or watch HD streaming on Netflix on my blu-ray player, it's fine. Just remember: don't have both devices on at the same time.

For me, it worked perfect, as I only have one of those two devices on at any given time. 5 stars.
on July 16, 2012
This splitter adapter works just fine and is an excellent value. However, it only works for me in one configuration. I have a PC in my living room, which is connected by a six foot ethernet cable to the splitter adapter, and a laptop in my bedroom, which is connected by a 30-foot cable. When I first plugged the splitter adapter between the modem and my PC, it worked perfectly, until I plugged in the 30-foot cable WITHOUT the laptop being connected at the other end. This extinguished the PC activity light. When I plugged in the laptop while it was powered down, the PC activity illuminated. In short the splitter adapter works perfectly, but only as long as both the PC and the laptop are connected, though only one may be booted up at a time; this warning is included in the product title. To have both on and in use at the same time requires a router. If you can leave both devices connected, and have only one powered up at a time, then this splitter adapter should do the trick. Premium 12-Inch RJ45 Splitter Adapter Cable Male / Female / Female - If you are connecting 2 computers to one internet access, please make sure only ONE computer is ON at any one time
VINE VOICEon November 15, 2013
The information provided did not really address the main problem with this splitter. In writing to the company I received a call which said that if I would adapt this product I could use it for the purpose for which it was recommended. I was told that there are 12 wires and that when you plug it in the splitter continues to work for both items which are to be split. I was trying to use this for my computer and TV. What I was attempting was to have both of these items working out of the box for splitting up my internet signal. This won't work even if the computer is off! There is no solution and the website for Amazon did not address this problem.
on February 22, 2014
I reed the reviews, and the instructions. I knew I could not run 2 systems at once. and that didn't matter. I never intended to. They didn't tell me that only one can be plugged in at a time. If I wanted to get up and switch cables every time I wanted to change devices I wouldn't have bought this. This was for my "smart tv" and playstation. Thought it might have been because the TV may use the internet at all times. No. I have tried to run it with my playstation and htpc (Home Theater PC) still the same, you have to unplug one device for either to work........and yes even if the main power switch on the back of the PC is off.
on June 6, 2017
It is okay
on October 26, 2013
I would recommend going with the more expensive options of getting a cat 5 type hub. This works as advertised except for one misleading statement. '12 inches' I thought the cord, since in the picture shown goes off frame, would be about a foot, enough to reach the plug and have the two female ports sit on top of my desk behind my monitor. It is around 6 inches, maybe. (including the actual plug-in pieces. I'd recommend any other product of this variety. I guess you pay for what you get...
on April 28, 2014
I have cable broadband and pluggled it into the modem ethernet. I have one side plugged into desktop and other side plugged into laptop. With one on and the other off it will not work. You must have one side unplugged--directly at laptop or desktop is ok, can leave both plugged in to splitter as long as not both plugged into computer even if one is off. For my use this is just fine, allowing me to use two computers but NOT simultaneously.
on November 30, 2014
good product
on November 28, 2011
How can a device so simple and so easy to manufacture not have the right fit? I cannot fathom how Design Engineers can justify producing a product that I am having so much difficulty just getting the Ethernet cable to fit in? Its too tight and feels like I will break something if I force the cable into it. Serves me right for going cheap!
on December 22, 2012
I wanted to run two Ethernet lines to my two computers and only had one outlet. It works with no noticeable problems.
You cannot run both computers at the same time as I knew when I bought it.
Ended up buying an Ethernet switch that will run as many as four at the same time. I suggest you spend a few more dollars and buy the switch.