Premium Boston Shaker Set with Rubber Seal
|Price:||$12.72 + $9.89 shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
A bar set for your shaken, not stirred, moments. Brushed stainless steel shell holds 25 oz. The durable recipe glass has five classic recipes and ounce measurement indications (to 15 oz.) printed on its outside. A rubber seal stretches over the top of the glass to provide extra fluid security during mixing. Contents are simply poured into the measuring glass side, which is then fitted with the stainless steel side before shaking. Makes a great housewarming or groomsmen gift.
Top Customer Reviews
Cons: The volume markings (in ounces) on the glass disappear after 4-5 washings. Unlike standard measuring cups, where the markings are etched into the glass and then filled with a permanent paint, the markings here are cheaply applied. As you're mixing a drink and notice your palm has turned black, you'll know the markings are disappearing, and you'll soon have a clear glass cup.
Overall: Even without markings, you can still use this to mix drinks. You'll just have to measure the liquids with your shot glass. But hey, one of the reasons for buying this is having the convenience of pouring directly into the cup and measuring as you go, saving time and trouble. The shoddy manufacturing choice makes this one very poor value.
I'm reasonably pleased with this shaker, though. The glass on mine, unlike that of a previous reviewer, is glass and not plastic. In a perfect world, the stainless steel would be a thicker gauge, but the shaker does what it should, the seal works well, and it comes off for cleaning.
Here is why you might want to buy this shaker over the shakers with integral tops that you are looking at:
- You can mix drinks with a hearty shake due to the increased capacity that the tumbler portion gives you. This chills a drink faster. Depending on the ingredients, it can make them frothier.
- The rubber seal fits well. It does not leak. It is much easier to separate than a metal shaker with a metal top.
- You can strain the ice without the need of a strainer. (Hold the shaker horizontally and slightly separate the two halves.)
- The tumbler fits inside the metal bottom for convenient storage.
- It came in a nice case. Thus, it is a good choice for a gift.
On the other hand, I find the cocktail recipies on the side to be an excessive ammount of printing for such little use. It doesn't effect functionality, but its just not pretty. I would assume that most people who go to the bother of making cockatils at home have their own recipies and don't need the ones cluttering up the sides of this thing.