Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Protect-A-Bed Crib Mattress Protector

on July 15, 2009
We bought two of these mattress protectors. They worked really great and we were planning to get more, until they had been washed about 4 times! Then they both leaked. It seems that the rubberized coating underneath does not hold up in the wash. We wash on warm and tumble dry low, no bleach. One leaking protector had a visible but very small spot where the rubber seemed to have disintegrated, and the other one didn't have visible damage but still leaked. Very disappointed.

Amazon's website says there is a guarantee and we will try to see if the company will replace the product. But I am not sure it is worth it if they only last through 4 washes.

Update: The Protect A Bed company said they would replace the mattress covers on my first call. The company also said to dry the covers with bath towels so the backing does not overheat, does not get scratched, and does not stick to the surface of the dryer.
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 10, 2016
This protector was recommended to me by a sales person who sold me my king mattress. My 4 yr old who often likes to climb in bed with my husband and I had a accident in our bed one night and I totally thought our new mattress was ruined. To my surprise. This mattress protector totally prevented any leakage! I was so impressed that I bought a crib one for my infant and one for my 4 year old's bed and suggested it to my mother who has pets. The thing that I like the most about this protector is that it is water proof but it doesn't make you sweat like like those vinyl/plastic mattress protectors! I highly recommend this protector and would almost guarantee you no regrets.
on August 14, 2017
invaluable for the crib. baby drools all over the place, and this protects the mattress.
on March 31, 2012
I have this on my own bed, and love it. So, when I was pregnant and looking for a crib protector I found that they made it in crib size and bought 2 of them. They have been used for over one full year and have held up great. No leaks or melting.

You do need to wash and dry them properly. (My king size version melted in the dryer but was replaced by the company with NO problems and very quickly.)

It is important to wash them and dry them with a full load. Towels are best. This prevents it from damage. No bleach. If you take the time to wash them right (and it doesn't take a whole lot of effort)... then they will hold up. I would buy them again.
on June 6, 2015
These are great for the crib. We have had lots of diaper incidents and this has kept all the messes off the crib mattress. They wash really easily and have held up so far to all the washing. We have four of them so we can easily change the crib without having to wait for laundry to finish.
on December 30, 2009
I just thought I'd chime in to say that we bought two of these for our one-year-old daughter's bed in case she has accidents now that she wears big girl underpants to bed. The crib-sized sheet fit our crib-sized mattress nicely. Fortunately, we've only had to cycle through the pair of them a few times but we've not yet had any complaints. After probably four washes, they look the same as when we bought them and they've never leaked anything onto the mattress. Nothing wild to say, except that they worked exactly as promised.
on September 29, 2015
I am very happy with this mattress cover. Over 10 months of use, and no leaks. The cover fits well on the mattress (not too big/not too small).
on March 26, 2016
Have used this product for 3 months and so far it has worked well by keeping mattress dry.
on November 8, 2014
great mattress protector! we have one for our king bed too. the only thing I always air dry them, never tried to put these in dryer. I think the inside lining might stick to itself it heated.
on August 18, 2009
Our four-month old has had a few blow-outs, and there has never been any indication of this on the mattress. The stains on the mattress cover have all come out in the wash. Washing the cover is easy, straightfoward washing machine wash and tumble dry. It holds up to the dryer, unlike some others that have melted. We'll see how it holds up as she gets older, but so far so good!