Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 329 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 340 reviews
on May 25, 2016
Bought this to replace a charger that had issues charging unless it was left in a specific position. This charger has nearly the same issue. I have to jiggle and maneuver the base until the item is charging, then prop it all up so it doesn't move during the charging process. I guess I didn't spend much, so it's fine, but do yourself a favor and buy something more expensive that actually works properly.
on October 12, 2011
A lot of these "wall warts" have really terrible voltage regulation -- for example, a wall wart rated at 5 volts and 2 amps might measure as much as 7 or 10 volts when the load is only 1 amp. This could be dangerous for a unit intended for USB/2.5" HDD use, where the load can be quite variable.

This one is rated at 5 volts, 2 amps, and by my measurement measured 5.38 volts with no load. I think that that is low enough to not pose a significant hazard to any 5 volt equipment. So I would rate the voltage regulation of this power supply as probably much better than average for these kinds of units, and good enough to not be a concern.
66 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2014
I had purchased a Z-pad tablet and it fell off the end table while charging. And the tip got broke. So I looked on line and found a replacement power cord that is identical to the original cord. And since I learned how fragile these tips are I purchased 2. Great to have spare for travling as well. And I also noticed that they offered a cord for the car So also purchased that Item as well. You will notice that purchase in my next rating for that product. There is only about a 90 minute of battery life between charging. You can also plug it in and use it as well. I just hope I have made the person reading my review very helpful and infromative. This product was shipped to me promptly and wrapped in quality bubble wrap and was sent in very timely manner. I would like anyone to use this device and would want to buy from this website in the future.
on March 18, 2014
This power supply was shown as frequently purchased with the Steren BL-526-030 HDMI Repeater that I bought so needing a power supply, I purchased this one. Unfortunately it does not fit the Steren unit because the connector is not correct for that device. I am sure other people have made the same mistake since Amazon has paired these two devices. The frequently bought together has likely cause many people the same problem and will be perpetuated if Amazon does not actively separate these two devices on their site. Nothing wrong with the power supple as far as I can tell, but it does not work with the Steren device.
on September 6, 2013
I'd read some of the bad reviews, but then read so many good ones, I figured for the price, I'd take a chance and just return it if it didn't work. It worked for 10 seconds. Then I heard a popping noise and smelled that familiar smell of burning electronics. It showed no further signs of life. Returned.
on August 25, 2013
I bought this to power a 7 usb port hub I bought. Like some reviews said the plug was longer than it should be but that wans't and issue for me.

I have had this thing for about a week and just now it died. luckily i was hooked up to a surge protector that I believe saved a lot of my electronics but when it did blow My Macbook shut off instantly. I am fortunate that none of my electronics that were hooked up to the USB hub were damaged (High end gaming mouse, Gaming Headset, wireless keyboard, iPad, iPod Touch, and printer all still work.

It made a loud noise when it died and when I unplugged it i noticed it was really hot. I would suggest spending a little extra money on a power supply that is more stable like i will be doing now
on October 17, 2013
I originally bought this power supply to power a USB hub I had but unfortunately, that particular hub had a non-standard power jack and the plug of this power supply was too big to fit in the jack. However, as I also had an external HD that could utilize this power supply, I kept it to use with the HD. By far the most significant issue is that the power cord is very short, only about 18 inches long so you'll need to be in close proximity to an outlet. This power supply is rated to deliver 5 volts at 2000mA. I measured about 5.3 volts at the plug with a voltmeter, which seems a tad high to me so you might want to keep that in mind before using it to power a power-sensitive device.
Purchased this to use with the amazon basics dvd player. It is suggested by amazon as an add on for using their dvd player with your computer.

This is only needed IF you are using up your usb plug ins. By pairing this with the amazon basics dvd player you only have to use one of the amazon basics usb plug ins.
on June 21, 2017
Didnt work on hub
on April 16, 2012
This adapter puts out 6V with no load, 5.8V with a 500mA load. I would prefer if it were closer to the advertised 5V.

It does make a slight buzzing noise when plugged in. The buzzing might get annoying in a quiet room, but on a desk next to a desktop computer it's hardly noticeable.

I had to put a different sized plug on the end, and learned that the insulation on the 2 inner wires is rather fragile. It took a few tries to strip off the outer insulation without also taking off the insulation on the two inner wires. So take care with stripping wires if you plan to put a different plug on it.

All that said, it works fine and the price is right, so I'm happy with this power supply.