Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 88 reviews
on February 11, 2013
For such a reasonably priced set of ear buds, these work well.

My main use for this pair is at the gym and running.

The cord is long enough that I can keep my phone in my pocket while lifting weights, and it is also a good length for using with an arm strap while running. I just wrap the cord around the arm band and then run the phones behind my head to ensure that they stay in my ears throughout my run. When tucked over my ears the cables stay out of the way, and the buds stay snug in my ears. The default set of tips are a perfect fit for me, but if they weren't, this pair of phones also came with two extra set of tips.

The cable seems durable, and the connection points are reinforced, so hopefully that adds to the longevity of this pair of earphones.

I have about 70-80 hours of listening time in on these so far, and they sound decent. They're a little to bass-heavy for me, and the LFEs kind of muddle the highs and mids, but that could be due to personal preference. I prefer headphones that have a nice midrange with a higher ceiling than these, but for the cost (I paid $15 for these here on Amazon), these are an excellent buy.

Hopefully the lifespan of these is longer than a few months. When it comes to headphones, I'm so active that I burn through them pretty fast, but I go in to any new headphone purchase knowing that, so I have reasonable expectations.

Since I run so often (5-7 days a week), the sweat often shorts out one or both earpieces on my headphones after a period of time. This has ranged from a few weeks up to a little over two years (Monster Turbines lasted me 26 months, but they also cost almost $200 dollars, compared to the $15 these J-Buds cost me), so I never know what I'm going to get out of a pair of earbuds.

So far, I'm very satisfied with the cost, durability, usability and sound of these earbuds.

I will update this review with the longevity of these headphones when they finally die on me. Hopefully that won't be for a few months though!
on August 30, 2013
fresh out of the package i was NOT impressed,even let down, poor sound and one side louder than the other, paperwork recommended a burn in period so i left hooked to ipod a few nights with volume wide open and still same, i finally hooked to pc sound system and tried to kill them, so loud you could hear across house ALL NIGHT and wow it fixed them they now sound fabulous, balance is even and well worthy of the rep they got in the reviews and money i paid for them. they are a tad bulky in ear but seal out noise at work, and sound great after a burn in, so i went from disappointed to well pleased, i do wonder why testing and this "burn in" isn't done at factory, because product went from junk to audiophile quality with this process, they are well constructed and reinforced well on wiring, a small carrying pouch would have been a nice touch
on September 18, 2013
I needed these for in-helmet use of music and audiobooks while on my motorcycle. As with any non-moto-specific headphones, the bass completely drops out with the helmet on (to be expected), but they can be turned up without distorting. The important thing for me is the plastic bodies do not have arms that come down to protect the cables; only a rubber guard is there. This allows them to be worn without the helmet eventually pushing into my ear and causing discomfort.

Off the bike they work just fine and have a very sturdy feeling cord, including the jack, where most of mine tend to fail first. I've used about 10-12 different sets in the past 6 years and these appear the sturdiest build as far as the cord goes, and the sound is acceptable within this price range.
on December 9, 2011
I have burned through several pair of earbud headphones because I am so rough on them. I throw them in my backpack, in my pocket, anywhere that is convenient and often pull them out from one end, so needless to say I have had several pair break within just a few months of using them. I purchased the V-Moda Bass Frequency which broke after a couple months of use. For 3 dollars more these have noticeably better sound quality and have about twice the amount of reinforcement around the more 'vulnerable' areas than the V-moda ones did. I also used to have the Jlab J3s which also didn't last too long and the material wrapping the cord made a really loud nose when they got hit/rubbed while they were in your ears. These JBuds hardly make any noise of that kind.

Overall, excellent pair of earbuds and the reinforcements make me think they that will last me much longer than any of my previous pairs (so far its been a month).
on June 28, 2013
Update to original review below. After VERY light use, the cable developed a short near the headphone plug. I'd say if I had been jogging with these 3x a week, they would have failed in the first 60 days. Now I know why JBuds are always so inexpensive. Yes there's a lifetime warranty but you have to pay to ship them back AND if JLabs claims it was due to negligence, you'll be out another $5 with nothing to show for it.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I've just begun to use these, so I can't comment on longevity. On fit I give them an "A". They fit into my ear better than any other design I've used that is meant to slip inside a bit. On sound quality I give them a "B+". There is very good bass, they're certainly not tinny. I feel if anything they could use a little more treble. The cord is a good length for jogging.
on May 16, 2014
Am rockin my J2's right now, boy this little buds are MEAN! they pack such a punch and get loud pretty easy.
Construction looks solid, got my wife the ones in Pink, have been borrowing hers for use in house but cant take them out cos they are so PINK... so i just had to get mine.
I don't know what kind of engineering went into this buds they throw out such low, clean base with little or no distortion, based on their small size they shouldn't even be able to do this but pull it off very nicely. Too bad they are now discontinued.
My J2's rock, hope they last long, 5 stars all the way!!!!!
on July 12, 2013
To me these are the best headphones in this price range. Fun range of colors and good sound quality. I believe they come with multiple sizes of the flexible ear piece, but have never needed to switch. When they go on sale, I've purchased multiple colors and put them at work, at home, in my car, etc, so I always have one handy. My kids are always taking them when theirs break. With hard use--every day with MP3 player for exercise--one lasts about a year until usually the cord must fray inside because usually one speaker goes out. The only complaint is that during exercise when sweating very very much, they can slide out of the inner ear and fall out.
on May 21, 2014
I listen to my iPod and iPhone a lot. Listening to them without bothering others is a boon. I'm petite so finding ear buds that fit me is tough. These come with three different sizes and the small ones are perfect. They actually stay in my ears! I find the sound better than the Consumer Reports highly-rated headphones. I busted one set by standing up and hooking the cord around my knee so be careful to tuck the cord in. I love them and keep them at the office, kitchen, and bedroom to block out the barking dogs and not bother others.
on July 6, 2013
These do not have a bright clear sound. The bass is a little muddy and just not close to what I was expecting. The manual says these need to be used to loosen the diagphams and they will sound better with age. I've used them for about ten hours and I image they sound a little better, but not sure and still not happy with them. I guess you get what you pay for, but I did good amount of research and thought I was getting something better than average. I wasn't expecting Bose or a highend pair, but I wanted something better.
on September 7, 2014
Careful, I originally purchased these here on Amzon - *several times* for ~$14.
When I reviewed my orders and clicked on the previously purchased ietm, I was shocked to find the the prise is now $39!!
Wow.

I then loaded all JBuds earphones and sorted by price and found another style for about $14, I bought them and they are just fine (so I purchased 2 pair.)

Don't spend $39 for these when the $14 version is perfectly fine. (See my review here.)