Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 111 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 120 reviews
on May 10, 2015
Purchased this item on March 08, 2015
This is ** NOT ** a "received item... for giving a review" Review
- I selected & purchased this product after much researching and reading reviews (when available), to find the "just right" one! I'm thankful to all those that take the time to write reviews, which have enabled me to learn more about the product/s so I may make a selection & order with "well informed" confidence. I try to "return the favor" by writing reviews too. Some items that I'm "overly thrilled" with will inspire me to write a very detailed review. This is one of those items...

MY REVIEW:
"(Set of 4) Premium Non-Stick Baking Mats and Cookie Sheets - Tan (15.75" x 13")" have all the conveniences of Parchment Paper WITHOUT the inconveniences!

I had been using Parchment Paper for my AirBake Nonstick Cookie Sheet, 14 x 16 in by T-fal which I LOVE to use, especially when baking cookies - which I do in large batches. After an extensive search for something "more convenient & reusable" than a roll of parchment paper, I located & purchased these "(Set of 4) Premium Non-Stick Baking Mats and Cookie Sheets - Tan (15.75" x 13")". These have proven to be a near PERFECT fit - shy by only 1-inch from being full 'side to side' fit. That's only 1/2" on either size, so not an issue for my baking needs - wouldn't want cookies baking THAT closely to the edge (& off) of cookie sheet pan.

Parchment Paper PROs:
easy clean up; no-stick; can be cut to fit ANY size or shape of baking pan / dish as desired;
allows for "assembly line" convenience with quick & easy rotation using 2 cookie sheet pans & 4 parchment paper sheets

Parchment Paper CONs:
continuous replacement cost & often times, inconvenient to locate / buy in my area;
time consuming, frustrating & a HUGE hassle with the need to tear sheets into proper sizes from the roll & never comes out 'straight & even'; With each 'baking cookies' session, I would re-use each parchment paper sheet only a few times before it becomes too "scorched / burnt" and would need to go thru whole process of tearing off more sheets, what a hassle!

Worth repeating...
These "Premium Non-Stick Baking Mats and Cookie Sheets" have all the conveniences of Parchment Paper WITHOUT the inconveniences!
These are extremely thin (like parchment paper), lightweight, durable, re-usable, SUPER convenient - in both use & storage, too. I store the silicone sheets on my cookie sheet pans which keeps them flat & conveniently accessible. To clean: I lay it on counter & wipe with slightly soapy, damp cloth then rinse. To dry: I wipe with a dish towel and/or using a magnet 'chip clips' hang on side of refrigerator - or if 'dry enough', store on cookie sheets.

As others have noted in their reviews, these "Premium Non-Stick Baking Mats and Cookie Sheets" will exhibit some 'stress marks' (white lines) if scraped, creased or bent. After first use (baking cookies) & cleaning, they had 'shadows" of where cookies had baked, similar to an oil stain but did not feel or smell any differently. NEITHER of these conditions have had ANY effect on the functionality or durability - only cosmetically (appearance not so pristine).

On March 16, 2015 - I purchased the set of 4 for $19.95 (free shipping with $35 Amazon order), which (IMO) is quite expensive. More so when compared to "Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets Non-Stick Parchment Paper, 22 Count" (12" x 16" sheets, folded to fit in package 1.5 x 6.2 x 8.2 inches) which, as of May 10, 2015 - could be found priced under $4 (and as high as $10 - beware!) but that is sized 2" shy of my pan width. ~ So, these four "Premium Non-Stick Baking Mats and Cookie Sheets" will need to be re-usable for a VERY long time to be cost effective in that comparison. GO GREEN, at least it's re-using and not just throwing away after one or two uses per sheet.

NOTE: debated on giving four or five stars (4.5 - ha!) would be full FIVE STAR rating if my price per sheet was much lower than $4.98 each. More pieces per package would be ideal, as that would make it cost effective for seller / manufacturer (production costs, etc) and would allow more flexibility to buyer. Such as, willingness to cut sheets to fit a variety of smaller baking pans / dishes. For example: I'm to "cost conscientious" to cut a $4.98 sheet for only one round cake pan, when Reynolds sheet is under 16-cent each. If pricing was greatly reduced, would definitely add this to my gift-giving options. Would make for a great add-on gift to family & friends whenever giving baking pans / dishes!
(Hope my first review proves helpful, sorry it ran so long!)

**** U P D A T E D I N F O ***
October 31, 2016:
Purchased item on March 08, 2015 - 20 months of repetitive, regular use & cannot imagine ever being without these!
No longer concerned with the "cost per sheet"
- these have proven to be BOTH a great convenience, time-saver AND most definitely a money-saver, too.

REVIEW UPDATE on September 02, 2016:
I've changed my original review (May 10, 2015) rating from 4 stars to 5 stars. After having these 4 "Premium Non-Stick Baking Mats and Cookie Sheets" since March, 2015 - and using them quite regularly during these past 18 months - I cannot image ever doing without these in my kitchen culinary tasks. I've used them for baking cookies, bread, biscuits, vegetables, fish sticks and so many other items, too. I've used them on a cookie sheet to flash freeze / freeze items - makes it much easier to remove frozen food item. NOTE: it's usually best to have most food items frozen partially or completely BEFORE vacuum sealing with my FoodSaver. Also, easier to slice meat thinly if slightly frozen, too.

I've never attempted to wash these in my dishwasher - I'd think that would be more of a hassle than just washing by hand. I have it down so smooth & easy to just wash by hand & either drape over all the dishes air drying in the dish rack OR using a magnetic chip clip to hang up to dry on the side or front of my refrigerator. I use these so often - using all four mats more often than not, that hubby created a small "clothes line" in my kitchen so I may hang these & other small hand-washed items up to dry.

AS FOR APPEARANCE (STAINS):
When first used, like others had also reported, there were white "distressed marks" from small creases, bends & scrapes. Then there were the "dark shadows" from baked goods, as I previously reported (see above). After quite some use, all those "imperfections" have in effect, disappeared. Believe it's just that the "shadow effect" has finally covered it all over from numerous use, making for a uniform coloration.

As for one reviewer reported that it may have caused her cookies to burn - that's been the opposite of my personal experience. First, I have to give credit to my AIRBAKE Cookie Sheets for saving my forgotten cookies from being burnt black. I use to burn my cookies almost EVERY time when using regular cookie sheets - then I discovered the AirBake brand. LOVE AIRBAKE pans! Gotta give credit to these Premium Non-Stick Baking Mats for helping me to remove cookies (biscuits, breads, etc) SUPER QUICKLY from the still hot cookie sheets to stop the over-cooking process. By grabbing hold of the mat (with cookies still on top), I just pull it all off the cookie sheet onto cooling rack. So quick & easy!

I'm so happy with this product - going to buy extra sets for gift-giving during the holidays this year!
May even separate a few sets into 'sets of 2' for those that aren't into baking / cooking as heavily as I am.

******************
Wow! You read my complete review? :D
Please click "yes" button if you found my review to be at all helpful.
Welcome to add any comment, too. THANK YOU!
on January 29, 2016
I got these because I thought they were made of silicone and were black and came as a set of 4. Just what I was looking for. I've been using silicone mats to cover my ceramic stove cooktop for perhaps 10 years, and it was time for new mats.

As soon as I opened the package, I could tell they weren't silicone. They seemed more like a fiberglass woven type sheet covered in some super slick material. None of that rubbery feel of silicone. I noticed that on my box the text said "non-stick" in place of the "silicone" text in one of the pictures posted by the seller. I attached a jpeg to show the two. Also, with some of the reviewers calling them silicone, I figured they were silicone. But if you look carefully and the seller's description, nowhere does it actually say what material it is. It says "PFOA-free material", but no actual material listed. PFOA implies it's a type of plastic, but I'm not a materials expert so can't say for sure. I'm feeling a bit misled.

I did try contacting the manufacturer through their Contact Us link on their website (healthycheftools.com), asking them what material it was, and giving them my email address. It's been five days and still no response (yes, I checked my junk mail folder). I googled the supposed owners of the company, and they seem to have their hands in a variety of businesses with the woman being a Holistic Nurse Practitioner and the man being an Author. Not sure what to think, but I am sending the product back.
review image
44 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2014
These seem to have a more commercial feel to them than the other versions of Silicone mats. There are no contrasting borders, they are utilitarian and very easy to trim to fit. I liked them so much, I've ordered some for friends who bake, and are even more critical (and experienced) than I am. My first test was with with a huge spanakopita on a half sheet baking tray and the only issues were the ones I created as a relative novice at baking something like this. But the bottom line ... it worked,

The huge pie released with no issues, The bottom was exactly the same color as the top and the taste and texture of the filo dough was perfect. There was no residual taste of the silicone and ultimately, the audience went crazy over both the look and the taste of the monster pie.

I look forward to exploring other versions in the very near future. Maybe a huge desert ? I dunno, stay tuned.
on April 17, 2015
I used these for cookies. I bake every week. I bake a lot. Then I give what I bake away. This was the first time I have EVER ended up with burnt cookies. Clean up though was a breeze. I bought them because they were cut to fit and that was perfect for what I needed. They are thin and lightweight, just a smidgeon heavier than parchment paper. They stayed flat, didn't roll and that was great. I have only used them the one time because I switched back to parchment paper after the first two dozen cookies burnt so I guess I need to do a bit more research with these before a final decision. My cookies finished faster than expected. I have my recipes timed to the minute. Getting done faster isn't a problem when it's expected but this wasn't. I would love for these to work for me since I go through a lot of parchment paper and that gets expensive. Next time I make cookies or something for the cookie sheets I will watch to see if the bottoms still outpace the top at the finish.

Pro's:
Didn't roll, crease or wrinkle like parchment paper.
easy to cut
easy clean up, literally just wipes off
non-stick

Con's:
Food finished faster, might be because of the darker color compared to parchment paper, need to do more experimenting.
Stains, not that I care but some might. I can see where every cookie sat.

All in all, I am hopeful this will be a useful product for my kitchen. Anything that makes clean up less of a hassle and keeps down the cost of my hobby is great. Still need more testing before giving it a total thumbs up.

-------------------------
OK, now I've used these for a while and I have to say that after adjusting the time on some of my cookie recipes everything else I used these for has been great.

8 different batches of cookies came out perfectly, didn't stick, didn't burn.
I used them for my biscuits because they always stick to the baking sheet.
They slid right off and came out perfectly.
Then I used them when I made truffles. Now truffles are sticky and after
they are dipped in chocolate they tend to stick to the wax paper or
parchment paper. They didn't stick this time at all.

Love them!
on March 13, 2016
We purchased these baking mats for another use entirely. Put us in the "creative use" category. We have a lovely wrought iron light fixture in our house that incorporates a translucent, flexible, rectangular piece of plastic that slides into the fixture forming a curved shape which covers the light bulb. The old cover got ruined and had to be discarded, leaving a bare light bulb. Ugh! I badly needed something to replace the old cover. Checked our local hardware store in our rather remote town, and came up empty handed. I thought and thought about what to use, and came up with the idea of using a baking mat. I was thinking of my existing Silpat mats which have all the essential characteristics I was looking for: more or less translucent, flexible, heat resistant, and having the ability to cut to fit. Silicon mats seemed the ideal choice. When I checked Amazon and found this set of Non-Stick Baking Mats, I was thrilled! They were even better for my purpose than what I was envisioning. Not only do they have all the other characteristics I was seeking, but the description specifically states that the mats can be cut to fit. They also lack the contrasting border of many of the Silpat mats, which for me was a plus. When they arrived, they were thinner than I expected, but for my purposes, this was ideal. I was able to cut the mat the desired size and easily slip it into the light fixture. Voila! Problem solved! It looks wonderful and is working perfectly. Best of all, I have some spares in case I have to do this repair again. That is, if I don't break down and use them as baking mats in the meantime. Thanks M&B Global Solutions for helping me out!
on November 28, 2014
My daughter gave me a silicone mat years ago, but I needed more so I could cut up a couple for smaller baking pans. I use them the evenings we have appetizers at cocktail time, rather than fold parchment paper. When I am heating different types of appetizers, I do not need to fold another sheet of parchment paper. Just wipe off the silicone mat! Easy!
on December 28, 2014
I bought these specifically to help me make flour tortillas. I made 8 square liners that fit my tortilla press. They made transferring the pressed out dough to the hot skillet so easy.
review image review image
on December 11, 2014
These thin, flexible mats easily take the place of parchment paper for both the rising and baking stages of these soft doughs, with no pre-dusting of flour or cornmeal necessary. I baked a one-pound artisan loaf on a sheet that was cut to fit into my 4-qt. preheated cast iron Dutch oven. The loaf came out beautifully browned and crisp, easily released onto the cooling rack, and left no residue in the pan. I simply wiped off the mat, and it was ready to reuse. I must admit to a little trepidation about the mats' origin (China), but in answer to a question expressing concern, the manufacturer set my mind at rest: "These mats are 100% food grade silicone, completely food safe and non-toxic. They have FDA, PFOA-free and LGBF certificates." My bread was baked in a 450-degree oven, and the mat came out looking like new. I'll never have to buy and throw away parchment paper again!
on February 8, 2016
these are GREAT! I have some old cookie sheets that look terrible and things get stuck all the time so I wanted to try these to see if it makes it easier to cook and back and when I found these and was able to get them at a discount in exchange for me review I was ecstatic. They make a WORLD of difference in my cooking, I no longer have to spend 20 minutes after cooking or baking trying to scrape gunk off my pans! Everything slips right off and these and I never have to struggle! They are easy to wash and they dry quickly, and I LOVE the fact that I can cut them to fit ALL of my dishes and pans! And these are so thin I can store them between my pans without them taking up any space at all. I recommend these to everyone and I am going to be buying more until I have them in the bottom of all my bakeware!
on February 3, 2016
Wife has been using them for about a year now and she really loves them. She uses it like reusable parchment paper. The downsides are: really thin and so they crease easily and can be difficult to rinse b/c they bend every which way when she holds them under the faucet to rinse. The good exceeds the bad though: really nonstick (great to bake cookies on), they are trimmable to any size pan, and they have really held up despite frequent use. Would buy again, except that hers have held up really well and we're not sure when she will need to re-order. Came here to buy her the black ones from the same company that are more firm.

Edit: She wanted me to add: They do get grease stains but wife does not mind them so long as they do what they are suppose to and do not affect what she is baking.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.