Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Prepared Slides Set 2, 24 Specimens
|Price:||$10.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Get students excited about science by viewing prepared specimen slides under a microscope
- Study the details and intricacies of animal, plant, insect, textile, pollen and spore specimens
- Set includes 6 standard-size slides with 4 well-labeled specimens per slide
- Slides are made of glass in a durable cardboard casing to withstand years of classroom use
- Ideal for ages 8+
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Study the details and intricacies of animal, plant, insect, textile, pollen and spore specimens by viewing prepared specimen slides under a microscope. Set includes 6 standard-size slides with 4 well-labeled specimens per slide. Slides are made of glass in a durable cardboard casing designed to withstand years of classroom use.
From the Manufacturer
Set contains 24 individual specimens.
Top Customer Reviews
My six year old thought they were neat, and even my three year old found a few moments of fun looking at the "tiny dead ant" included!
There are six slides, under the following categories: 1. Insects 2. Tiny Creature 3. Pollens & Spores 4. Textile Fibers 5. Plants 6. Animals. Each slide includes 4 specimans for a total of 24 from the set. The following are the specific specimens provided:
1. Insects: (Locust leg, Worker bee wing, Bee antenna, Bee abdomen)
2. Tiny Creatures: (Common red sponge, Angora rabbit hair, Ant, Mouse fur)
3. Pollens & Spores: (Tulip pollen, Leaf spore, Pine tree pollen, Orange pollen)
4. Textile Fibers: (Panya, Nylon, Wool, Handmade paper)
5. Plants: (Stem of corn, Leaf of nerium, Onion rind, Silver berry scaly hair)
6. Animals: (Cat hair, Canary feather, Dog hair, Sheep hair)
Someone might find the inclusion of sheep hair and wool to be redundant, but I found it to be clever. There are subtle differences, and that can create an educational conversation to promote further learning. It will also push your young explorer to pay more attention to the "tiny" details.
The box they come in is paper/cardboard and can be reused to hold the slides. The top opens and can be folded back easily.
I had a great time with them. I recommend and am sorry I didn't get the full 2 box set.
These slides offer a large variety of items for viewing under magnification and they light well from beneath. The have lots of interesting textures and patterns that really engage young and curious minds and allow them to start thinking of their surroundings microscopically! I love hearing all the “discoveries” she makes as she views these. She will then apply these observations to make hypotheses of what a new specimen she comes across might look like once magnified, too! I love how brilliant these young scientists are and how such tools help bring their love for science forward!
After we got these for her, she told us she wants to grow up to be a science doctor so she can do lots of fun experiments because she loves science! How could you not just love a 6-year-old that already dreams of getting a PhD in microbiology!? Looks like next Christmas we will have to get her more science tools!
I just hope thirty years from now she remembers who got her, her first set of slides and microscope. ;-)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Animals: Cat Hair, Canary Feather, Dog Hair, Sheep Hair
Plants: Stem of Corn, Onion...Read more