Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Color: Red/White/Teal|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,177 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,257 reviews
on January 17, 2015
What a set of kitchen implements! Each spoon, and cup has a clearly labeled size in raised carving; not painted on. And there are sizes in both sets not usually offered that makes things so much easier. For instance in the spoons: the "smidgen 1/32 tsp", the "pinch 1/16 tsp" and the "dash 1/8 tsp." And in the cups: the "2 cup", "1 3/4 cup" and "1 1/2 cup". Offered in nice bright colors, these are made solid and sturdy without being heavy and have already become an integral part of of my kitchen.
review image
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2016
The handles are weak and they bend when trying to fill the cup with something that requires a bit of force like brown sugar. I would recommend these for liquids but not solids. UPDATE: lowered my rating because the handles are all now bending & breaking. Extremely flimsy. Would not recommend
on February 25, 2015
I fell in love with these, because it was 19 pieces, including larger cup sizes. However, after 3 months of use, there is a coating pealing off. Obviously, this is not safe for food products. Perhaps the kids can use in the yard for dirt. See photo.
review image
55 comments| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2016
I hate to write a negative review, but after having been using these measuring cups for just over a year, I now have 3 measuring cups that have broken under normal use. The handles tend to snap off when pulling sugar, etc. from a container. Very sad as, if the set wasn't weak, it would be awesome. A shame...
on October 9, 2013
I couldn't be happier with this set of measuring cups and spoons. It is so unique. I have a metal decor measuring spoon set with a pinch, smidgen, and dash (1/8, 1/16, 1/32) but they are for looks and not practical. These I can actually use. Yes, it is a bit of a joke. I have never bother to measure out a dash when a recipe calls for it, but they are useful when doing proportion cooking, which I do a lot. I can easily use 1 part this, 3 parts that, etc. to shrink down a recipe, esp. a spice mix.

The cups are nice too. I have always like the Tupperware set of cups because they include 2/3 and 3/4 which a lot of measuring cup sets don't. I know I can get the same by multiple measuring but that takes time and can introduce compounding error. Esp. when cooking with children. This set also includes a 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 cups too. They are quite handy.

The plastic they are made from isn't the best. It is thin, hard plastic and I don't know how long it will last. I imagine they will crack rather than break but for $13 I don't expect a material I can pass down to the grandkids. They are dishwasher safe, stack well in the drawer, and the measurement indicator can not rub off which is what has happened to many of my measuring cups and spoons.

I set out to find a replacement for my 1/8 tsp measuring spoon and 1/2 measuring cup and this certainly fits the bill. After we got this, my 11 year old daughter proceeded to take out all the other measuring cups and spoons (at least one piece missing from each due to breakage or loss) from the drawer and said with this set, we don't need any of these others any more. I agree.
on June 29, 2016
The pros: This about the most complete set I have been able to find, where the handles and measurement font did not break or scratch off.
The bottoms of the cups are flat with the inside of the cups just slightly rounded; especially perfect for sharp soft edged silicone spatulas (which I prefer).
And, it comes with an 1/8 (30ml) cup as well as a 2/3 (160ml) cup which most sets don't include. In addition, it also has a smidge, a pinch, and a dash spoons.
The font is raised embossed in both metric and imperial on the handles (right handed).
They're priced to sell. I was surprised to see this same set, for literally double the money, elsewhere online and am glad that Amazon is selling it for a more realistic price.

The cons: it does not have a 3/4tsp.
Though I appreciate the raised font on the handles, it could be a little thicker and/or raised a little higher. You have to get the right lighting direction to see what you've got.
The plastic they're made out of isn't very strong or thick - especially thin on the larger cups - I wouldn't attempt to scoop out of a tub of margarine (if I used margarine, but you get the point) or use the handle for 2 cups of flour as the integrity of the strength just isn't there. I doubt I'd use the cup handles of any over 3/4 cup. They are a kind of bendy.
Though they're dishwasher safe I would wash them by hand if you want them to last.
I would have given 5 stars if they were made to last proper, but added 4 stars because for what you are getting they're priced appropriately provided they're handled with care.
on October 12, 2016
I bake bread all the time and I really to upgrade my cheap dollar store measuring cups, so I order this. I was excited to have the /3, 1/8 and 2cup sizes, however when they arrive I noticed you can't really microwave the cups (sometimes I use them to melt butter in the microwave) and also noticed that since the cups nest to fit all inside, the bigger the cups, the smaller the handle (which I think is lame, because the cup full will be heavier and eventually the handle will brake, just like a few reviews mentioned.
over all, is an OK set, I just wish they would be made of a different plastic and with better handles.
on February 16, 2016
I bought these after misplacing a set of measuring cups during a move and thought what the heck these are cute and not too expensive and like 95% of my purchases are Prime Eligible. I love them and actually got rid of my other set (after locating them). These put the fun in functional. Anyone who sees them comments on how cute they are but who cares about cute if they don't work. They have a much better range of measuring cup sizes than most and even have some super random sizes like smidgen and pinch (I will be honest I didn't realize smidgen and pinch were technical sizes and generally just use my fingers) but they are handy to have and they make me smile when I see them.

Quality is average. I doubt they last 10 years or even 5. However, they have held up since I bought them in October and I use them often. I do a lot of baking and cooking around the holidays as well as have friends over a lot. The basics are: dishwasher safe, stack well (i kept the little plastic rings on them and for some reason mine have held up but I am sure most people take those off.

I don't know the exact price I paid but if they last a few years they will have been more than worth the purchase price. Well below the cost of Oxo while being just as functional and much more attractive.
on January 29, 2015
There are a lot of cups and spoons here at a very low price.

The biggest problem is that it's hard to read the sizes on a clean one, and if it's dirty, do you really want to cook with it? The one saving grace is that the colors are not completely random; I find the white ones are the ones I use most. They really need to mold the size in large lettering on the bottom of the spoon or cup, and they need to include a little chart you can post inside a cabinet door, saying what the color is for each size.

There are too many cups or spoons to leave them on their ring; they get in the way. AND THEY GET LOST. Bot permanently, of course - usually, it's in my "utensil drawer" but when I'm cooking, I can't spend an hour looking for the one I need, while stuff burns.

The plastic is rather thin and brittle. I snapped the handle broke the handle off the 1.4 teaspoon. This was no great loss, as I mostly used that one for yeast, and it now resides permanently in in my yeast jar, wgere it wouldn't fit before. And the 2 tablespoon, used for nothing but coffee, now resides in ythe coffee canister.

So I've ordered the Cusipro set. Hot water quickly melts homey or fat, and it works better on a metal set. The Cusipro is what "Cooks Country" recommends, and I generally have different ideas than they do, but in this case I think they're righth.

Not that I regret buying this set. Sometimes it's nice to have a clean spoon for baking powder when you just measured honey in your first-string spoon.

So while I recommend this set, I've relegated these spoons to backup duty (and still use the measuring cups from this set.
on September 16, 2015
LOVE these cups/spoons! Searched all over for a set with the in-between sizes forever before finding this one. Bought it and use it frequently. So much so that I bought another set (this time from Walmart) and got rid of all of my other cups and spoons - including my OXO brand stuff. My drawer is so much less cluttered now, and I have plenty of cups and spoons for any measuring need I have! My only complaint is that the handle broke off of my 1 cup size from my original set, but overall it's a great set. I like that the measurements are raised plastic lettering, rather than printed on. Unlike pretty much every other cup I owned, they don't rub off after a few uses. I also really like that it goes all the way down to 1/8tsp. This really comes in handy when I'm changing the size of a recipe and need to measure accurately. So happy with this product!