BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 17, 2015
What a set of kitchen implements! Each spoon, and cup has a clearly labeled size in raised carving; not painted on. And there are sizes in both sets not usually offered that makes things so much easier. For instance in the spoons: the "smidgen 1/32 tsp", the "pinch 1/16 tsp" and the "dash 1/8 tsp." And in the cups: the "2 cup", "1 3/4 cup" and "1 1/2 cup". Offered in nice bright colors, these are made solid and sturdy without being heavy and have already become an integral part of of my kitchen.
review image
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2016
My computer screen made these look like there were turqoise red and white, when in fact they are red white and blue. No biggie. I like them just the same. They are a little more on the firm side, I can see where some have mentioned breakage, so I will look out for that. My entire pantry is done up with the ikea droppar jars....for every single ingredient so I plan on using these for each individual jar and just leaving them isndie. with the Medium and larger droppar jars accomodating the measuring cups, I have 47 to buy for so I will be watching for another Lightening sale on these ...I appreciated buying them during the Black Friday for a couple of dollars off!
on May 29, 2014
Order was processed and delivered quickly. I ordered this set originally because I seemed to have purchased from another place a set of cups without the 1/3 measure. It's 5.3 tablespoons, sure as if I'm going to measure a third of a third. Also, this set has the 2/3 cup measure, which seems to crop up often in the recipes I use. The 2 cup measure is great for measuring flour for bread, which takes up to 8 cups flour. The sizes are in large raised letters on the tip of the handle. What I like is I can fill the different multiple measures with the different items, and be ready to go. Like pancakes, 2 cup flour, 3/4 cup milk, 1/3 cup sugar etc. I did not see what kind of plastic these cups are made of. I'm assuming its polyethylene, so I wouldn't use in microwave to melt anything. I don't own a dishwasher, so can't speak to that. I don't think they are strong enough to work as scoops with stuff like peanut butter, which should be spooned in. Kitchen tip I learned, spray or lightly wipe the inside of the measure to be used with oil before measuring sticky foods like molasses and honey. They will come out easier. I think the colors are cheerful and remind me of the color scheme of the 1950s for kitchen wares, and I'll quickly associate the color with the size I want. The spoons have the tiny amounts, which I think will help make my "dashes" and "pinches" more consistent. I don't use metric so can't speak to accuracy there. These are just simple kitchen tools which I will use day to day at a good price.
on September 28, 2015
These Are great. I love all the different measurements. In almost all of my baking recipes I end up having to use a 1/2 and 1/4 to make 3/4.... well one of the main reasons I bought these were because it came with the 3/4 (and so many other measurements) I don't have to worry about washing a cup in the middle of mixing ingredients. I think they are nice and thick plastic and while I could understand the 2cup handle maybe breaking if it was full of Flower or another very dense ingredient, I don't think I will have a problem with the others snapping. The only complaint I have is I hate when they are all hanging off a ring. Makes it difficult to use a little cup while the big ones are hanging below. So I always take mine off and stack them without it. They still stay stacked in my drawer and I don't have to fish for any.
on October 26, 2014
I have a "hope chest" for the day I move out of my parents home so I have been collecting kitchen ware. These seem super nice. Very durable plastic. I love that the measurments are raised on the plastic instead of printed on so they cannot be washed off. So many sizes to choose from and it cracks me up that there is a "pinch" and a "dash." I have not actually used them/washed them/dishwashered them so I cannot attests to how they hold up over time (like I said they are in a box). I like that they are alternating colors so it lessens the potential that I will grab a half cup instead of a third, if that makes sense. I dig that there is a ring to hold them together, thought I probably won't use it. Overall great value for the price!
on July 6, 2015
I'll be honest... I was looking for new measuring cups and spoons and I bought this set because I liked the colors. They match my kitchen and that makes me happy. BUT... I wasn't prepared for how awesome these utensils are! They are actually really great quality - nice, thick plastic with the measurement sizes actually carved out of the plastic rather than just printed on. My last cups had the measurements printed on and they eventually wore off. I'm convinced I ruined a couple recipes because I mistook 2/3 cup for 1/2 cup or something. It was like the Russian Roulette of baking. Anyhow, I love how many sizes there are and how sturdy the whole set seems to be. I would definitely order again, just so that I could get another one of the big, red 2-cup measuring cups! LOVE!
on December 31, 2016
Just received these, so cannot speak to durability. Will agree with another reviewer that the teal /aqua color shown in the picture is not accurate. The blue cups are just that - blue. That doesn't bother me since I don't intend to display them and wasn't trying to match anything in my kitchen. I like the assortment of sizes both in the cups and the spoons. Will update later with info on durability. Will say that the little ring that keeps each set together doesn't appear to be very sturdy but time will tell.
on June 26, 2015
I bought these for a camping trip I'm taking in August - they happened to match my vintage dishes. I was going to buy the turquoise set made by Kitchenaid but couldn't justify spending THAT MUCH (more than double of these) for camping, so I opted for these less expensive ones that also had the red and white pieces. But when I got them I realized that the red and white is a nice addition to the turquoise and now I'd love to have a set of these for home too. I love that the biggest cup is 2 cups and the smallest spoon is a smidge (1/32 tsp). They're clearly marked and they are such fun colors. I'm going to use them in August but when I get home I'll probably buy another set to keep in my kitchen too. Definitely recommend these cups and spoons.
on June 3, 2016
I LOVE the measuring cup/spoon set!!!! There are far more measurements in this set than in a normal set (ex: 2-cup measuring cup and "dash" measuring spoon), making it quicker/easier for me to measure ingredients for anything I am making! The set also comes with easily detachable rings so you can put them right back together after using & cleaning, making sure no measurement cups/spoons go missing in your cabinet. There is a measuring cup or spoon for any any every preparation possible. I love the set, and it arrived in no time!! It was packed well & the box sealed well, so the product was in perfect shape.
on January 27, 2015
Amazing product. A great price for good quality measuring cups. The plastic is good quality, sturdy, and the measuring cups are not top-heavy. They sit flat on the counter and even after I've dropped them several times they have not shattered or even cracked. I love love love love love love the fact that this measuring set contains every measurement! Instead of measuring out one cup and a half cup, there is a one and a half cup measuring cup! Its become one of the most useful things and I recommend it to everyone i know. I also like that the measuring spoons go down to such a low increment and that they are labeled with a smudge, a pinch, a dash etc. The only thing that made me take off a star was that the measurements are somewhat hard to read as they are just raised plastic and they can blend into the colors if you have bad eyes. Speaking of the colors I really don't like the red white and blue theme, too patriotic. I would have liked to see this set come in plain white, black, etc. Other than that the price is great and the product is great! After a while of using them you start to recognize the most-used cups by size and color and you will not have as hard a time looking for the measurements. I think this product is fabulous and who cares about the colors when they are such great quality. I looked at many different sets when purchasing these and i have to say nothing compares. These measuring cups are heaven sent.