Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,224 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,307 reviews
on April 25, 2016
The handles are weak and they bend when trying to fill the cup with something that requires a bit of force like brown sugar. I would recommend these for liquids but not solids. UPDATE: lowered my rating because the handles are all now bending & breaking. Extremely flimsy. Would not recommend
on February 25, 2015
I fell in love with these, because it was 19 pieces, including larger cup sizes. However, after 3 months of use, there is a coating pealing off. Obviously, this is not safe for food products. Perhaps the kids can use in the yard for dirt. See photo.
review image
66 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2015
What a set of kitchen implements! Each spoon, and cup has a clearly labeled size in raised carving; not painted on. And there are sizes in both sets not usually offered that makes things so much easier. For instance in the spoons: the "smidgen 1/32 tsp", the "pinch 1/16 tsp" and the "dash 1/8 tsp." And in the cups: the "2 cup", "1 3/4 cup" and "1 1/2 cup". Offered in nice bright colors, these are made solid and sturdy without being heavy and have already become an integral part of of my kitchen.
review image
0Comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2016
I hate to write a negative review, but after having been using these measuring cups for just over a year, I now have 3 measuring cups that have broken under normal use. The handles tend to snap off when pulling sugar, etc. from a container. Very sad as, if the set wasn't weak, it would be awesome. A shame...
on October 9, 2013
I couldn't be happier with this set of measuring cups and spoons. It is so unique. I have a metal decor measuring spoon set with a pinch, smidgen, and dash (1/8, 1/16, 1/32) but they are for looks and not practical. These I can actually use. Yes, it is a bit of a joke. I have never bother to measure out a dash when a recipe calls for it, but they are useful when doing proportion cooking, which I do a lot. I can easily use 1 part this, 3 parts that, etc. to shrink down a recipe, esp. a spice mix.

The cups are nice too. I have always like the Tupperware set of cups because they include 2/3 and 3/4 which a lot of measuring cup sets don't. I know I can get the same by multiple measuring but that takes time and can introduce compounding error. Esp. when cooking with children. This set also includes a 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 cups too. They are quite handy.

The plastic they are made from isn't the best. It is thin, hard plastic and I don't know how long it will last. I imagine they will crack rather than break but for $13 I don't expect a material I can pass down to the grandkids. They are dishwasher safe, stack well in the drawer, and the measurement indicator can not rub off which is what has happened to many of my measuring cups and spoons.

I set out to find a replacement for my 1/8 tsp measuring spoon and 1/2 measuring cup and this certainly fits the bill. After we got this, my 11 year old daughter proceeded to take out all the other measuring cups and spoons (at least one piece missing from each due to breakage or loss) from the drawer and said with this set, we don't need any of these others any more. I agree.
on December 21, 2016
I bought these a year ago and loved the fact of having so many sizes and the pretty colors. After having them only a couple of weeks, the handle of one cup snapped off while scooping sugar. Now a year later only three cups have handles and those are the cups I use less often, The spoons, however have held up. I hate to write a bad review, but hate even more that others would waste their money buying these cups.
on June 29, 2016
The pros: This about the most complete set I have been able to find, where the handles and measurement font did not break or scratch off.
The bottoms of the cups are flat with the inside of the cups just slightly rounded; especially perfect for sharp soft edged silicone spatulas (which I prefer).
And, it comes with an 1/8 (30ml) cup as well as a 2/3 (160ml) cup which most sets don't include. In addition, it also has a smidge, a pinch, and a dash spoons.
The font is raised embossed in both metric and imperial on the handles (right handed).
They're priced to sell. I was surprised to see this same set, for literally double the money, elsewhere online and am glad that Amazon is selling it for a more realistic price.

The cons: it does not have a 3/4tsp.
Though I appreciate the raised font on the handles, it could be a little thicker and/or raised a little higher. You have to get the right lighting direction to see what you've got.
The plastic they're made out of isn't very strong or thick - especially thin on the larger cups - I wouldn't attempt to scoop out of a tub of margarine (if I used margarine, but you get the point) or use the handle for 2 cups of flour as the integrity of the strength just isn't there. I doubt I'd use the cup handles of any over 3/4 cup. They are a kind of bendy.
Though they're dishwasher safe I would wash them by hand if you want them to last.
I would have given 5 stars if they were made to last proper, but added 4 stars because for what you are getting they're priced appropriately provided they're handled with care.
on April 25, 2016
Originally, I was in love with this set because of all the sizes, but like others who left reviews, the handles snapped right off when attempting to pick up a cup full of food -- once in was white rice, once it was sugar. You should be able to use the handles or they should have made them without. Quite unhappy now.
on March 7, 2017
I have found that the handles break easily. The 1 cup measure handle happened with sugar. The 1/2 cup handle broke yesterday with flour. I don't use measuring cups all that often so it's not like they were worn out. They just snapped off. They are not very thick handles and there is no support. I have tupperware measuring cups from the 70's that are still in great shape. I hope that Progressive will take note to manufacture these properly.
on January 29, 2015
There are a lot of cups and spoons here at a very low price.

The biggest problem is that it's hard to read the sizes on a clean one, and if it's dirty, do you really want to cook with it? The one saving grace is that the colors are not completely random; I find the white ones are the ones I use most. They really need to mold the size in large lettering on the bottom of the spoon or cup, and they need to include a little chart you can post inside a cabinet door, saying what the color is for each size.

There are too many cups or spoons to leave them on their ring; they get in the way. AND THEY GET LOST. Bot permanently, of course - usually, it's in my "utensil drawer" but when I'm cooking, I can't spend an hour looking for the one I need, while stuff burns.

The plastic is rather thin and brittle. I snapped the handle broke the handle off the 1.4 teaspoon. This was no great loss, as I mostly used that one for yeast, and it now resides permanently in in my yeast jar, wgere it wouldn't fit before. And the 2 tablespoon, used for nothing but coffee, now resides in ythe coffee canister.

So I've ordered the Cusipro set. Hot water quickly melts homey or fat, and it works better on a metal set. The Cusipro is what "Cooks Country" recommends, and I generally have different ideas than they do, but in this case I think they're righth.

Not that I regret buying this set. Sometimes it's nice to have a clean spoon for baking powder when you just measured honey in your first-string spoon.

So while I recommend this set, I've relegated these spoons to backup duty (and still use the measuring cups from this set.