Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Color: Red/White/Teal|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,195 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,274 reviews
on January 17, 2015
What a set of kitchen implements! Each spoon, and cup has a clearly labeled size in raised carving; not painted on. And there are sizes in both sets not usually offered that makes things so much easier. For instance in the spoons: the "smidgen 1/32 tsp", the "pinch 1/16 tsp" and the "dash 1/8 tsp." And in the cups: the "2 cup", "1 3/4 cup" and "1 1/2 cup". Offered in nice bright colors, these are made solid and sturdy without being heavy and have already become an integral part of of my kitchen.
review image
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2016
The handles are weak and they bend when trying to fill the cup with something that requires a bit of force like brown sugar. I would recommend these for liquids but not solids. UPDATE: lowered my rating because the handles are all now bending & breaking. Extremely flimsy. Would not recommend
on January 3, 2016
I hate to write a negative review, but after having been using these measuring cups for just over a year, I now have 3 measuring cups that have broken under normal use. The handles tend to snap off when pulling sugar, etc. from a container. Very sad as, if the set wasn't weak, it would be awesome. A shame...
on February 25, 2015
I fell in love with these, because it was 19 pieces, including larger cup sizes. However, after 3 months of use, there is a coating pealing off. Obviously, this is not safe for food products. Perhaps the kids can use in the yard for dirt. See photo.
review image
44 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2013
I couldn't be happier with this set of measuring cups and spoons. It is so unique. I have a metal decor measuring spoon set with a pinch, smidgen, and dash (1/8, 1/16, 1/32) but they are for looks and not practical. These I can actually use. Yes, it is a bit of a joke. I have never bother to measure out a dash when a recipe calls for it, but they are useful when doing proportion cooking, which I do a lot. I can easily use 1 part this, 3 parts that, etc. to shrink down a recipe, esp. a spice mix.

The cups are nice too. I have always like the Tupperware set of cups because they include 2/3 and 3/4 which a lot of measuring cup sets don't. I know I can get the same by multiple measuring but that takes time and can introduce compounding error. Esp. when cooking with children. This set also includes a 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 cups too. They are quite handy.

The plastic they are made from isn't the best. It is thin, hard plastic and I don't know how long it will last. I imagine they will crack rather than break but for $13 I don't expect a material I can pass down to the grandkids. They are dishwasher safe, stack well in the drawer, and the measurement indicator can not rub off which is what has happened to many of my measuring cups and spoons.

I set out to find a replacement for my 1/8 tsp measuring spoon and 1/2 measuring cup and this certainly fits the bill. After we got this, my 11 year old daughter proceeded to take out all the other measuring cups and spoons (at least one piece missing from each due to breakage or loss) from the drawer and said with this set, we don't need any of these others any more. I agree.
on March 18, 2014
I like having all the different sizes, however, they are not very sturdy. Would like to see them made with a bit heavier gauge plastic.
on October 12, 2016
I bake bread all the time and I really to upgrade my cheap dollar store measuring cups, so I order this. I was excited to have the /3, 1/8 and 2cup sizes, however when they arrive I noticed you can't really microwave the cups (sometimes I use them to melt butter in the microwave) and also noticed that since the cups nest to fit all inside, the bigger the cups, the smaller the handle (which I think is lame, because the cup full will be heavier and eventually the handle will brake, just like a few reviews mentioned.
over all, is an OK set, I just wish they would be made of a different plastic and with better handles.
on December 21, 2016
I bought these a year ago and loved the fact of having so many sizes and the pretty colors. After having them only a couple of weeks, the handle of one cup snapped off while scooping sugar. Now a year later only three cups have handles and those are the cups I use less often, The spoons, however have held up. I hate to write a bad review, but hate even more that others would waste their money buying these cups.
on June 29, 2016
The pros: This about the most complete set I have been able to find, where the handles and measurement font did not break or scratch off.
The bottoms of the cups are flat with the inside of the cups just slightly rounded; especially perfect for sharp soft edged silicone spatulas (which I prefer).
And, it comes with an 1/8 (30ml) cup as well as a 2/3 (160ml) cup which most sets don't include. In addition, it also has a smidge, a pinch, and a dash spoons.
The font is raised embossed in both metric and imperial on the handles (right handed).
They're priced to sell. I was surprised to see this same set, for literally double the money, elsewhere online and am glad that Amazon is selling it for a more realistic price.

The cons: it does not have a 3/4tsp.
Though I appreciate the raised font on the handles, it could be a little thicker and/or raised a little higher. You have to get the right lighting direction to see what you've got.
The plastic they're made out of isn't very strong or thick - especially thin on the larger cups - I wouldn't attempt to scoop out of a tub of margarine (if I used margarine, but you get the point) or use the handle for 2 cups of flour as the integrity of the strength just isn't there. I doubt I'd use the cup handles of any over 3/4 cup. They are a kind of bendy.
Though they're dishwasher safe I would wash them by hand if you want them to last.
I would have given 5 stars if they were made to last proper, but added 4 stars because for what you are getting they're priced appropriately provided they're handled with care.
on April 25, 2016
Originally, I was in love with this set because of all the sizes, but like others who left reviews, the handles snapped right off when attempting to pick up a cup full of food -- once in was white rice, once it was sugar. You should be able to use the handles or they should have made them without. Quite unhappy now.