Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 17, 2015
What a set of kitchen implements! Each spoon, and cup has a clearly labeled size in raised carving; not painted on. And there are sizes in both sets not usually offered that makes things so much easier. For instance in the spoons: the "smidgen 1/32 tsp", the "pinch 1/16 tsp" and the "dash 1/8 tsp." And in the cups: the "2 cup", "1 3/4 cup" and "1 1/2 cup". Offered in nice bright colors, these are made solid and sturdy without being heavy and have already become an integral part of of my kitchen.
review image
0Comment| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 25, 2016
The handles are weak and they bend when trying to fill the cup with something that requires a bit of force like brown sugar. I would recommend these for liquids but not solids. UPDATE: lowered my rating because the handles are all now bending & breaking. Extremely flimsy. Would not recommend
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 21, 2016
I bought these a year ago and loved the fact of having so many sizes and the pretty colors. After having them only a couple of weeks, the handle of one cup snapped off while scooping sugar. Now a year later only three cups have handles and those are the cups I use less often, The spoons, however have held up. I hate to write a bad review, but hate even more that others would waste their money buying these cups.
11 comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2016
I hate to write a negative review, but after having been using these measuring cups for just over a year, I now have 3 measuring cups that have broken under normal use. The handles tend to snap off when pulling sugar, etc. from a container. Very sad as, if the set wasn't weak, it would be awesome. A shame...
review image
11 comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 29, 2016
The pros: This about the most complete set I have been able to find, where the handles and measurement font did not break or scratch off.
The bottoms of the cups are flat with the inside of the cups just slightly rounded; especially perfect for sharp soft edged silicone spatulas (which I prefer).
And, it comes with an 1/8 (30ml) cup as well as a 2/3 (160ml) cup which most sets don't include. In addition, it also has a smidge, a pinch, and a dash spoons.
The font is raised embossed in both metric and imperial on the handles (right handed).
They're priced to sell. I was surprised to see this same set, for literally double the money, elsewhere online and am glad that Amazon is selling it for a more realistic price.

The cons: it does not have a 3/4tsp.
Though I appreciate the raised font on the handles, it could be a little thicker and/or raised a little higher. You have to get the right lighting direction to see what you've got.
The plastic they're made out of isn't very strong or thick - especially thin on the larger cups - I wouldn't attempt to scoop out of a tub of margarine (if I used margarine, but you get the point) or use the handle for 2 cups of flour as the integrity of the strength just isn't there. I doubt I'd use the cup handles of any over 3/4 cup. They are a kind of bendy.
Though they're dishwasher safe I would wash them by hand if you want them to last.
I would have given 5 stars if they were made to last proper, but added 4 stars because for what you are getting they're priced appropriately provided they're handled with care.
on March 7, 2017
I have found that the handles break easily. The 1 cup measure handle happened with sugar. The 1/2 cup handle broke yesterday with flour. I don't use measuring cups all that often so it's not like they were worn out. They just snapped off. They are not very thick handles and there is no support. I have tupperware measuring cups from the 70's that are still in great shape. I hope that Progressive will take note to manufacture these properly.
on February 25, 2015
I fell in love with these, because it was 19 pieces, including larger cup sizes. However, after 3 months of use, there is a coating pealing off. Obviously, this is not safe for food products. Perhaps the kids can use in the yard for dirt. See photo.
review image
66 comments| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 19, 2017
I purchased this set, as I was unable to find 1/8 cup and 1/8 teaspoon measures off the shelf. Strange, as that used to be the norm. Somehow, I misplaced both of my one cup measurers, so I needed to replace my existing set. This set contains a plethora of measurements, and nothing like what I've ever seen before. What a difference, as now I don't need to keep washing my measuring cups or spoons for different ingredients that require slightly different amounts. The material seems very sturdy and washes up beautifully on the top dishwasher rack. I also appreciate the different color for each measurement, as it makes selecting a size much easier. Also, this set would be an excellent gift for someone setting up a kitchen for the first time. My only complaint is the measuring size numbers are a little difficult to see in dimmer light, as they are not tinted a different color; they are merely raised on the surface. While this is typical for measuring cups, for some reason, it's a little bit more difficult for this set. Regardless, I am very happy with this purchase.
VINE VOICEon December 21, 2017
I'm taking one star off this product because it comes with a really cheapo ring. If you try to leave them attached to put away more easily, they tend to fly off over the counter and onto the floor. Purchase a few binder clips to remedy this situation though, and then you have a very unique set of measuring cups. Seriously, you will feel omnipotent with a two cup measuring cup. They're a major time saver, and make your cooking more accurate, since you're only measuring once and not twice for everything. I didn't even have a 3/4 measuring cup in my old set. I'm really enjoying these. Even if you have a good traditional set, when you really get to baking during the holidays, it's a nuisance to stop everything to wash out your measuring cups. Plus these are so cheap, you can just leave a set in the flour, rice or whatever canister.

But don't forget the binder clips.
on August 17, 2017
Do not like... I HAD loved the idea of this set, with its complete set of measurements and more, but the handles all started snapping off within the first two weeks, and I am not at all hard with utensils. I still have many of the same various purpose sets I was given for my marriage 34 years ago. These though, simply snap off at the cup, so that now, a year later? Are ALL cups only, without a handle in sight. VERY disappointed by same...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.