BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 30, 2015
I got this book to make my 2 year old feel better about starting preschool. She loves it and asks to read it all the time. It's very positive and goes through the entire day, starting with getting keys to go out to the car to go to school. I would read it in the morning to help prep her for what was to come as well as at night to serve as a reminder/review of how her day went. This is a great book.
on June 1, 2010
Hooray for "Preschool Day Hooray!" What a find for toddlers. The short rhyming text practically bubbles with clever word-play, the kind that children like to repeat, making the fun their own. Strauss has zeroed in on the sort of familiar detail children delight in--like rainbow Band-Aids, "tricky" puzzles and "topply" blocks. And the text is mommy-friendly too. I love "picky eaters, (not so neaters)."
Nakata's joyful, exuberant illustrations are a perfect complement to the fun verses. And having the suprise opening-up of the last page is a bonus.
How many preschoolers and soon-to-be-preschoolers do you know? That's how many copies you'll want to order. Consider yourself warned.
on December 26, 2013
I checked this out at the local library..it became such a hit with my toddler that i had to buy one. The drawing are very cute with minute details like ants on the ground. This is great for toddlers who cry at drop off at daycare.reading this and explaining mommy comes back at the end of the day helped my little one a lot. He loved it and is always requesting to read it even after a year of buying it
on February 2, 2011
We got this for our 2 year old just before she started school; she loves reading this. It took about 3 reads and she had it memorized and knew generally what to expect at her preschool. The book is well written and the pictures are indicative of a true preschool experience. I would recommend this book for any parent sending their child to school for the first time. We even sent it to school with her one day and the teachers commented how they will be getting this book for class as the kids all loved hearing the story.
on August 2, 2011
I just ordered this in anticipation of my daughter's first day of preschool. She is going to receive it as a gift the day before, so I have not read it with her yet. I'll try to edit my review when I do. However, it is adorably illustrated by Hiroe Nakota, who also illustrated "Snow Happy!", another HUGE favorite in this family. The language is perfect and simple and takes the reader through a day at preschool. It seems like it will make the perfect gift.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2013
Simple, fun, rhyming book that my 3-year old loved...granted, this would be a much better book for a 2-year old due to its simplicity. There's a flap in the back of the book that I didn't know existed until my 3-year old found it:o) a fun surprise and a great way to end the book.
on December 22, 2013
My child loves this book! It is not too long and really explains the fun parts of preschool to her. She loves to point at the pictures because the story follows preschool activities that she really loves. Great book for a child just starting preschool.
on September 11, 2013
I ordered this book about two weeks prior to my Grandson starting preschool.It was a great book for getting my three year old prepared for school.We read it daily.He never cried at all.I was so happy I purchased this book.Highly recommend.
on December 2, 2012
Very helpful in leading up to the transition to preschool. This is the book that gets read over and over. Also purchased the kissing hand but this is the fave and easy for a 2 and a half year old to relate. Also Llama Llama misses mama was a big help.
on March 18, 2015
Great book for starting school. Very positive and gets child excited for school.