Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Perfect Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 401 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 451 reviews
on February 24, 2015
I am a stay-at-home mom and I purchased this book for my 3 year old. What I enjoy most about this book is that it is simple to follow as an adult and gives clear and strait to the point directions for each activity. This is a great activity book for toddlers to learn how to use scissors properly and it is great for first time cutters. Also after cutting the shapes there are exercises that require them to match them up on the pages. One complaint about this book is that in the back of the book are where all the items you need to complete the exercises are located, you will have to cut up multiple exercises just to be able to do one. I wish that only one activity were on each page that way you do not have to practically cut up the entire book at once. Also another thing I did not like about this book is that it does not have the "tear-out" option for the pages, considering this is going to be a book that you would be require to remove the pages to complete the activity you would think they would at least provide "tear-out sheets". I had to remove the binding from this workbook and place each page in a document protector to make it simpler to use. The layout of this book could be improved. I feel that some parents enjoy this and some will not, but this book is very repetitious which in my opinion is a good thing because children do not learn in one sitting, things need to be repeated for the information to stick. Overall I think this is a great practice book for children and it is very colorful and gets their attention.
on January 3, 2017
My almost-3 year old knows how to hold scissors and cut, and she exercises this skill on her sister's artwork, which causes strife. I was excited to get this book so she could have a designated safe cutting zone. I didn't really read reviews of it before I bought it, so I was surprised when it came and I looked inside. I thought it would just be some shapes and squiggly lines and stuff for her to cut out, but it requires more critical thinking, and thus, supervision. I was hoping to use this as a distraction for when I'm cooking dinner or on the phone, but it won't work for that. The first activity, for example, showed 3 people who could all wear hats. The preschooler is supposed to cut out the hats and paste each one on the appropriate head. The hats, along with all the other items to be cut out, were placed in the back of the book. So, I had to turn to the end, find the page marked "For page 3," and rip it out for her. This isn't something she could just pick up and do on her own for fun. I think it's meant to be educational, too.
on September 2, 2014
What I didn't like about this book, was that the parts to cut out, were placed in the back of the book. You have to basically cut apart a whole page, and leave in tact the page # at the bottom if you want to know where the cut outs belong. If I want my child to do only one page, I have to cut 3-4 pages worth of cut outs. I just feel the layout of this book could have been better 3/5 stars.
on January 22, 2016
We received the Melissa and Doug Scissor Skills Activity Pad as a gift. My 3yo loved it. There are cutting lines to follow. You usually cut out a few shapes to make a puzzle or play pieces (like ice cream cone and different flavor toppings.) They loved it so much I decided to purchase another book. THIS BOOK however, however is more like an activity book (match the person with the correct vehicle) and all the cut outs are in the back. They are all square except two circles. Whereas, all the pages in the Melissa and Dough Scissor Skills are cutouts. They use clever shapes to help kids master the scissor.
on February 24, 2016
My 3.5 year old LOVES this book! This was her introduction to scissors and cutting, so I didn't have very high expectations. I was very pleasantly surprised that she could do it! The parts to cut are sorted by the page number they go with and all located in the back of the book. The pages are all perforated so they are easy to tear out if you have a few kids that want to work on it at the same time or you want to show off some skills on the fridge! The activities that go with gluing are pretty simple, I think a 5 year old would probably be bored. Matching colors, shapes, etc.
review image
on January 21, 2016
Good variety of activities - kids cut, glue the back and stick on based on the activity on the pages (fill in missing puzzle pieces, match rhyming words, match count of objects). I'm buying more for my other kids. At the right level for 4 year olds who know their basic numbers and understand rhymes / phonics. I feel that 3 year olds may not be ready for some of the better activities in this book. My toddlers cannot work on this independently however. I need to pick out (cut out) broad sections (from the last few pages) that are relevant to an activity before letting them at it. After that, they cut along dotted lines, glue the correct side, and paste the pieces (after I"ve explained what the page is asking for). It's a good 5-10 minutes of independent activity before I need to guide them to the next one. Good price point too.
on September 24, 2016
My son just started kindergarten and has a lot of difficulty using scissors. At first I try to teach and cost to endure, but after several activities of this wonderful book, he has done very well,
I think even learned very quickly, because it is very colorful, and actually own activities of his age (4 years). Now it is actually what he prefer to do after he comes home from school. I am very happy that my son finds
progress on this, on the other hand, I think that in the school is these same activities, including already made 1 or 2 of this book, but some lose interest, like my son because they are copies in black and white, and for children
everything is more fun when there are colors. This is an excellent way to teach playing, cut and paste. the book brings only 32 pages I bought 2, but for the price is good.
review image
on August 15, 2016
Excellent book. I bought this when my son just turned 3 and it was too hard for him. He's 3.5 now and it's perfect! He loves cutting and pasting and there are some good learning activities too. He asks for this book every day. We've finished it now and I'm ordering a second one because he's so fond of it. I can see his scissor skills improve and I'm impressed with the other things he's learning (number recognition, rhyming, counting...) I think it would be too easy for a 5 year old, too hard for most 3 year olds but perfect for ages 3.5 - 4.
on June 4, 2017
Way too difficult for my newly turned 3-year old. You have to flip back and forth between the front and back of the book. She needs help, but wants to do it herself, so she has just been cutting each page and not following the book directions. Any paper would have worked just as well.
on March 17, 2017
Most of the cutting practice was just straight lines, but my granddaughter (age 3 1/2) really enjoyed the cutting, pasting, and matching. There were simple math activities, reading/phonics, and puzzles. I really wish there was a book 2 and book 3.