Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

"My job is to help you persuade every audience, every time." ~ Jerry Weissman

"Presenting to Win" provides practical advice for improving your presentations skills. Jerry Weissman is a master communicator who coaches business professionals and knows how to produce high impact presentations that will bring you more money, success, power and influence. His advice can help you convey your key message to your target audience. This book is geared for business executives, entrepreneurs, high-tech managers or anyone marketing products.

Knowing the right words to inspire positive results will also help you formulate the best sales pitch. I especially enjoyed the section on flow structures as that explains the basics of what you need to know when preparing a presentation/speech.

This book is full of good information but it is also entertaining for anyone to read. While you are reading you may at times think: "Well, that is easy and makes complete sense." What this book will do is make you more confident in your abilities. I have no doubt that this book will help make anyone more successful in business.

Jerry Weissman effectively communicates that instead of presenting just a flood of data, you should consider your audience's preferences and knowledge. With his tips, gained from experience, you will be able to create far more persuasive presentations.

~The Rebecca Review
One person found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on March 18, 2018
Good.
on February 8, 2012
I find it rather conceited that one person would call himself the world's best presentation coach. Jerry is no doubt good at what he does, however I feel he should listen to some of his owns stories when presenting himself.
A more modest approach may well win him more admirers outside the US.
The book is basically written for Americans and will no doubt be highly rated by many American readers
I personally found it very ego centrical. Possibly written with the intent of promoting his seminar and coaching business in the US.
Not very practical for the globalized business world we live in.
A few good tips, but most of the tips and ideas are the same old common sense points you'll find in most lighter presentation books.
3 people found this helpful
on December 22, 2012
This is really the best book on presentations. I bought this book several years ago and revised my presentations, as a result. My presentations are so much better and I get a much better response from the audience. It's pricey, but worth the cost of a non- mass market book. Just bought a copy for someone who is switching careers. I highly recommend this book and this edition.
on December 29, 2013
I like the story telling technique and proposed structures which are very helpful for reference in various situations. However, the author is focused on IPO presentation. I have to seek other books for scientific and marketing related presentation. Also, the book lacks high level presentation skill for executive level and call to action. More, the visual design is too weak. There are more great book. Eg. Presentation zen,
on October 23, 2013
Although I am not a business professional with a technical approach, I am a speaker for a women's ministry. I am always looking for ways to improve my presentation, as well as improving the ministry. This book was helpful in giving some basic steps to avoid, some to implement, the reasons why to do so, and gave practical examples. At times, I found it over my head, but mostly encouraging, and inspiring, You don't have to be in charge of a huge corporation to find this book a useful tool. I recommend it!
on January 25, 2018
This is a great book for a solid foundation of presenting. Very useful information and great examples that are laid out for you to understand.
on September 12, 2009
There are two parts to presenting: content creation and content delivery. This book is the best one I have found to discuss the content creation. It does so not from the ridiculous "Here's how to make a PPT slide," but rather from the perspective of how to create an organized, impactful and effective message.

This is a must read book and I forced upon my entire sales organization.
25 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 10, 2012
As a professional communicator for over twenty years, I am always looking for ways to improve at public speaking. This book was easy-to-read and provided tips that could be implemented right away. It was well-organized and very practical. Thanks!

Ken Hensley
The Cure for Insomnia: Preaching That Won't Put People to Sleep
Leading with Heart: Faith-Filled Thoughts on Leadership
Lesser Angels: Finding What You Didn't Know Was Lost
on December 20, 2012
I may not always agree with every point made by Jerry Weissman, but his advice is straightforward and abundantly practical. He provides concrete how-to steps and multiple examples for most, if not all, scenarios. He is scrupulous in his use of evidence and intertwines both time-honored rhetorical strategies with contemporary technology and situations to guide presenters to successfully communicating their needs and ideas to their audiences.