About the Product
- All of the favorite moments of the show are in the game
- Custom Avatars - Design your avatar from head to toe, including body, facial features, hair and clothes
- Unlock Achievements - Use your winnings for customized items for your avatar; achievements are also connected to Price is Right and Family Feud
- Premium Graphics - 3D models, enhanced interactivity, and detailed set and game design to match the modern look and feel of the show
- 3000 Trivia Questions + 50 Whammy Animations = Fun For All - This proven game formula is easy to pick up and play and fun for the whole family
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
* They got most of the spin pass rules right. I didn't expect that! This game only works when the spin pass rules are followed, so it was pleasantly surprising that they paid attention to this and only allow you to pass to the player in first place.
* Visually, it looks just like the show. You can tell they paid attention to the details here...too bad they weren't as observant with how the game functions (see CONS)
* The whammies are cute and very well done. Many were even re-created to match the actual ones on the show. These whammies don't say anything though...they just laugh or snicker at you.
* The customizable avatars are a nice touch...makes the game seem more real.
* The board configurations are right for the most part. This was a nice tip of the hat to fans.
* Nitpicky, but it's just not the same without the "real" theme. It's a real head-scratcher as to why they re-created the pilot theme instead of the actual theme. Maybe it was a rights issue.
* With the obvious attention to visual detail elsewhere, it's somewhat surprising that the slides don't look right. The fonts and colors are all wrong...which would have been an easy fix. This is a minor nitpick that doesn't really detract from the game though.
* I mentioned in PROS that the spin pass rules were mostly right...Read more ›
1. When you pass your spins to tied opponents, you are not allowed to choose which opponent you want to pass to. Instead, the game decides for you. This is not similar to the official game.
2. Computer opponents are often not very smart and often miss very easy questions or do not pass at appropriate times.
3. Trips are only worth $3000 and $4000 in the first and second rounds. There could be a lot more creativity used in designing prize winnings.
4. Finally, one of the biggest things that takes away from the fun of this game is the board structure is not complex enough. When playing in round 1, as long as you hit stop on the board with $1000 as the highest dollar prize, there will never be a whammy. In round 2, if you hit any board with $3000 + one spin, there is never a whammy there either. I have completed many games without hitting a whammy! While it is fun to win, there needs to be opportunities to hit whammies on these parts of the board as well.
Overall, a fun game. I enjoyed playing it with friends for about 2 weeks, but once I figured out the issues with the game I began to realize just how much better this game could possibly be. I hope to see these changes made for a 2011 version!
Format is based on the 80s version of the show that Peter Tomarken hosted. There's two rounds each of four questions and the prize board round. Player with the most spins and most in cash/prizes goes last, respectively, in the prize board round. The prize board is almost an exact duplicate of the show. Computer play seems to be random. They can pass spins and they do get whammies occasionally. You as the human player can always decide whether to play or pass your spins. Passed spins go to the computer player with the higher amount. So far, I've won 10 games. If you lose a game, you can play it over till you win. Overall a fun and challenging game to play. You need to have the disc in your PC to play it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Some questions are too easy, but that is a good thing for me, to make the game easier. No original PYL theme. But, it is still fun.Published 10 months ago by Matthew R.
I finally found this game after it was long retired! Works fine on Windows 8.1!! FUN FUN FUNPublished 16 months ago by Computer Sage
Fun game shipping and handling charges prices are good.Published 24 months ago by Mary E. Wolverton
can not get either game to load, so i haven't played them yet. tried cleaning my fan, and have someone come by and check it out . but no luck so far.Published on June 13, 2014 by Rebecca Edwards