Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Size: 1 Pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,485 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,643 reviews
on December 28, 2016
This is a great game but this version is a far cry from the real "original." The tiles are about half as thick and half the weight of the originals. The plastic "racks" are so thin a fan will blow them off the table and you could probably wad one up like a piece of thick paper. Pressman is obviously looking to increase their profits by making the game as cheaply as possible in China. It's just not as satisfying as the original game. Everything about it screams "cheap" and Pressman should be ashamed.
on June 18, 2015
I got a great deal for this game, but if it hadn't been super cheap, I would probably have gotten another version. The colors can sometimes be hard to tell apart, and I haven't even tried to play this with my parents/grandparents, so I imagine it would be even harder for them. Also, while you can tell which way the tiles should go by looking at the indented circle on the bottom of the tile, the 6s and 9s can still be confusing when laid on the table and everyone is looking at them from different angles. I took a sharpie and underlined all the 6s and 9s so they could be quickly identified.
on October 9, 2016
Rummikub has to be my all-time favorite game to play with my kids and anyone else if I don't want to sit down and spend hours at another long board game. I taught my boys this game when they were JUST old enough to pick it up, and now they're older teens they're beating me triumphantly. This is one game that gets your family off their smart phones, tvs and computers and actually talking and having fun. It teaches your kids to think, strategize and talk, and gets you all around a table together. Unlike many other board games, it's easy to take away on a vacation, and there aren't many different pieces. I can't recommend Rummikub highly enough to any family, or even for a dating couple - this certainly would teach you something about the other person! Good old-fashioned fun and brain-training. A must-have for any home!
on June 29, 2016
One of my favorite games! Goal is to get rid of all your pieces by making sets of either sequential numbers or 3-4 of a kind (1,2,3,4 or 3,3,3,3), you can also build onto the existing sets on the table laid out by other players as long as you maintain the integrity of the sets. For example if on the table there are the following sets:

1,2,3,4
7,7,7,7

And you want to rid yourself of the following chips (5,6)

You can build from what is on the table in order to use your chips:

1,2,3
4,5,6,7
7,7,7

You did not have a set on your own, but you moved the chips around, maintaining the integrity of the chips, allowing your chips to be placed into new sets.

Also this particular version of the game is great quality for the price. I have the bigger set, old school style, and honestly I don't like how heavy the chips are. I prefer these because they are less noisy and less heavy, therefore easier to travel.

Great value and lots of fun!
on April 3, 2013
Played this game in 1940 in Romania as a 10 years old. Same game but the boards holding the tiles were made of wood. The tiles themselves must have been bone - we did not have cheap plastics then. This year we intend going on a 2 week cruise with another couple and looked for a game that we can play together for the days at sea. I remembered Rummi (it was not called Rummikub then).

We bought it Amazon and invited our friends to introduce them to the game. They were dubious but I assured them that it will be fun, social but competitive, easy to learn but interesting - requiring a sharp mind for numbers and capacity for pattern recognition (we are all in our 80s). After an introductory game we were supposed to have dinner together. Well we did not - instead we had to continue playing. Incidentally it took our 90 year old friend about 15 minutes not only to get to know the rules but the intricacies of rearranging the tiles on the table for optimum results.

Now we are looking forward to our cruise where we no doubt will spend many hours playing Rummikub. We are ordering another set for backup and will buy more for presents.
on August 2, 2016
I bought this as a gift to give to a friend. We have been playing Rummikub for years. It's always one of our favorite "go-to" games. It's challenging but no so much that you cannot socialize between plays. This game is a good for people who do not like to play cards or like regular board games. It reminds me of Phase 10 in that you have to create sets and runs with the tiles but there are not different levels to complete or advance to. Because it's only for a maximum of 4 players, we often have team play when there's more than 4 people. That creates a fun scenario as well. We like this game so much that we have a travel edition that we pack when we go on weekend getaways with family or friends. I would definitely recommend this game. It's fun and easy to learn and will provide years of enjoyment.
on August 22, 2016
I am so disappointed in the condition this game was in upon arrival. It is a gift for my granddaughter and I can't give it to her like this! The box is bent, torn, and crumpled!
review image
on January 11, 2016
Fun game!! This version is missing a BAG, which I realize it does not state that it comes with, but why wouldn't it come with one? Also, the trays are super lightweight plastic and I expect that they won't hold up for a long time. I do like the easy grip indents on the bones, but am worried about paint wearing off over time. Also, the RED and ORANGE are hard on the eyes to distinguish between sometimes. I read that there is another version (Deluxe maybe?) that takes care of this problem better. Overall this is a great game and we've played it constantly for the past few weeks, just if you're picky about versions, read up on the different ones! (We had never played before purchasing so didn't really know what to look for)!
on April 1, 2013
Quite a bit like the real Rummy card game but with tiles instead of cards. So you may be saying "Well why don't I just pick up a $1 pack of cards and play rummy?"

Mmm... good question. But actually this game is a lot more fun.

The tiles make things move visual. It's easier to see the wild tiles and make substitutions and melds and runs which makes the whole game play a lot easier. The enclosed rack holds your tiles in front of you which is a lot nicer than holding cards in your hand.

The tile game is faster paced and fun for the family on a rainy afternoon at the lake. Until your sister packs up the game and heads home leaving you stranded for another 3 days of rain. Grumble grumble. But I'm off topic...

The tiles in this game are a decent weight. They feel solid. The Rack is a bit on the flimsy side and could use a bit of improvement. But overall, the game is good quality and lots of fun. I was surprised by the price! Well done Amazon! This thing is $30 back home in Canada.
on January 16, 2015
I had another version bought about 4 years ago, and we just bought this one to be able to play 6 or even 8 people, combining the two together. The tiles have the exact same size, texture and color, which is exactly what we needed so they look identical when face down. What surprised me is that Pressman changed one of the colors, and not the one we would have changed given a chance to do so.
Under some lights the red tiles and the orange tiles are difficult to distinguish from each other. It has happened to every person we have played with, so this is not a problem specific to my family. Well, Pressman left the red and the orange alone, and changed the blue into a very light blue. I have played European versions of the game in which the blue is so dark that it can get confused with the black, but that was not the case in my 4-year old version. Yet they changed that and not the orange...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.