Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,549 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,713 reviews
on December 28, 2016
This is a great game but this version is a far cry from the real "original." The tiles are about half as thick and half the weight of the originals. The plastic "racks" are so thin a fan will blow them off the table and you could probably wad one up like a piece of thick paper. Pressman is obviously looking to increase their profits by making the game as cheaply as possible in China. It's just not as satisfying as the original game. Everything about it screams "cheap" and Pressman should be ashamed.
on June 18, 2015
I got a great deal for this game, but if it hadn't been super cheap, I would probably have gotten another version. The colors can sometimes be hard to tell apart, and I haven't even tried to play this with my parents/grandparents, so I imagine it would be even harder for them. Also, while you can tell which way the tiles should go by looking at the indented circle on the bottom of the tile, the 6s and 9s can still be confusing when laid on the table and everyone is looking at them from different angles. I took a sharpie and underlined all the 6s and 9s so they could be quickly identified.
on June 29, 2016
One of my favorite games! Goal is to get rid of all your pieces by making sets of either sequential numbers or 3-4 of a kind (1,2,3,4 or 3,3,3,3), you can also build onto the existing sets on the table laid out by other players as long as you maintain the integrity of the sets. For example if on the table there are the following sets:

1,2,3,4
7,7,7,7

And you want to rid yourself of the following chips (5,6)

You can build from what is on the table in order to use your chips:

1,2,3
4,5,6,7
7,7,7

You did not have a set on your own, but you moved the chips around, maintaining the integrity of the chips, allowing your chips to be placed into new sets.

Also this particular version of the game is great quality for the price. I have the bigger set, old school style, and honestly I don't like how heavy the chips are. I prefer these because they are less noisy and less heavy, therefore easier to travel.

Great value and lots of fun!
on August 2, 2016
I bought this as a gift to give to a friend. We have been playing Rummikub for years. It's always one of our favorite "go-to" games. It's challenging but no so much that you cannot socialize between plays. This game is a good for people who do not like to play cards or like regular board games. It reminds me of Phase 10 in that you have to create sets and runs with the tiles but there are not different levels to complete or advance to. Because it's only for a maximum of 4 players, we often have team play when there's more than 4 people. That creates a fun scenario as well. We like this game so much that we have a travel edition that we pack when we go on weekend getaways with family or friends. I would definitely recommend this game. It's fun and easy to learn and will provide years of enjoyment.
on April 3, 2013
Played this game in 1940 in Romania as a 10 years old. Same game but the boards holding the tiles were made of wood. The tiles themselves must have been bone - we did not have cheap plastics then. This year we intend going on a 2 week cruise with another couple and looked for a game that we can play together for the days at sea. I remembered Rummi (it was not called Rummikub then).

We bought it Amazon and invited our friends to introduce them to the game. They were dubious but I assured them that it will be fun, social but competitive, easy to learn but interesting - requiring a sharp mind for numbers and capacity for pattern recognition (we are all in our 80s). After an introductory game we were supposed to have dinner together. Well we did not - instead we had to continue playing. Incidentally it took our 90 year old friend about 15 minutes not only to get to know the rules but the intricacies of rearranging the tiles on the table for optimum results.

Now we are looking forward to our cruise where we no doubt will spend many hours playing Rummikub. We are ordering another set for backup and will buy more for presents.
on October 16, 2016
This game is fantastic. I've spent many nights playing this game with my family and sometimes it can get pretty vicious. If you are looking for a pretty easy to learn, family game, you cannot go wrong with Rummikub. I would recommend a small cloth bag to use to mix the chips when you draw as well.
on December 12, 2015
This is a fine Rummikub set. The colors are much brighter than some other sets I've used.

A couple of down sides:
The angle if the boards is quite shallow so keeping the number of tiles in your hand secret is quite impossible. I also often use the table in front of my board as an additional space to sort tiles, but this is not doable with such a short board. Also, the tiles have rounded edges and are rather slippery so you can expect do drop a few along the way.

Other than those small notes, I'd say this set is quite adequate, and the best deal you'll find.
on March 19, 2017
It's actually the second time I'm buying this game. The first time, I bought it for us and we had such a blast playing it that I have now bought it to offer as a gift for a friend. This is the kind of game that you really need to think and I love playing it with my 8 year old and seeing how he plans his strategy and how he evolves from one time to the other. I really believe this is one of those games that are great not only for enjoyment, but also as mental development. Love it and strongly recommend it as a family game!
on May 4, 2016
This is a fun game so I'm only reviewing this particular version, because of the contents of the box. First, the tiles are cheap thin plastic. I've played Rummikub before with real tiles (like dominoes) and it works much better (the trays are also thin, cheap plastic, and probably will break). Secondly, the instructions say to draw tiles out of "the pouch" (and indeed, a pouch is necessary to keep the tiles in!), yet no pouch is included in this version of the game! I should have known it was too cheap to be good.

All in all, I would say this is not a great set to purchase. Definitely buy Rummikub, but buy a more expensive set! And hopefully you'll get a pouch in it.
on October 17, 2016
My wife teaches fitness to senior groups of people, but she also plays games like this for mental stimulation. It's very helpful, as the older ones are used to playing card games and things like that. This is somewhat along those lines, but has a lot of ways to apply different logic.

She played it with me and kicked my butt at it, so I don't like the game as much. :-) But it's a great game for anyone that can understands basic card patterns such as 3-of-a-kind or a sequence of numbers of the same color.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.