Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,560 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,725 reviews
on June 18, 2015
I got a great deal for this game, but if it hadn't been super cheap, I would probably have gotten another version. The colors can sometimes be hard to tell apart, and I haven't even tried to play this with my parents/grandparents, so I imagine it would be even harder for them. Also, while you can tell which way the tiles should go by looking at the indented circle on the bottom of the tile, the 6s and 9s can still be confusing when laid on the table and everyone is looking at them from different angles. I took a sharpie and underlined all the 6s and 9s so they could be quickly identified.
on April 3, 2013
Played this game in 1940 in Romania as a 10 years old. Same game but the boards holding the tiles were made of wood. The tiles themselves must have been bone - we did not have cheap plastics then. This year we intend going on a 2 week cruise with another couple and looked for a game that we can play together for the days at sea. I remembered Rummi (it was not called Rummikub then).

We bought it Amazon and invited our friends to introduce them to the game. They were dubious but I assured them that it will be fun, social but competitive, easy to learn but interesting - requiring a sharp mind for numbers and capacity for pattern recognition (we are all in our 80s). After an introductory game we were supposed to have dinner together. Well we did not - instead we had to continue playing. Incidentally it took our 90 year old friend about 15 minutes not only to get to know the rules but the intricacies of rearranging the tiles on the table for optimum results.

Now we are looking forward to our cruise where we no doubt will spend many hours playing Rummikub. We are ordering another set for backup and will buy more for presents.
on October 16, 2016
This game is fantastic. I've spent many nights playing this game with my family and sometimes it can get pretty vicious. If you are looking for a pretty easy to learn, family game, you cannot go wrong with Rummikub. I would recommend a small cloth bag to use to mix the chips when you draw as well.
on December 12, 2015
This is a fine Rummikub set. The colors are much brighter than some other sets I've used.

A couple of down sides:
The angle if the boards is quite shallow so keeping the number of tiles in your hand secret is quite impossible. I also often use the table in front of my board as an additional space to sort tiles, but this is not doable with such a short board. Also, the tiles have rounded edges and are rather slippery so you can expect do drop a few along the way.

Other than those small notes, I'd say this set is quite adequate, and the best deal you'll find.
on October 17, 2016
My wife teaches fitness to senior groups of people, but she also plays games like this for mental stimulation. It's very helpful, as the older ones are used to playing card games and things like that. This is somewhat along those lines, but has a lot of ways to apply different logic.

She played it with me and kicked my butt at it, so I don't like the game as much. :-) But it's a great game for anyone that can understands basic card patterns such as 3-of-a-kind or a sequence of numbers of the same color.
on February 1, 2016
I remember playing this game as a kid, so I was happy to find a new set. This isn't my favorite version in terms of quality - the pieces are lightweight and the trays are nothing fancy - but it had everything you need to play the game and is as fun as I remember it to be. It was also a great introduction of the concept of Rummy to my niece. If you want a nice set to add to your collection, I would recommend spending a little more for the nicer version of this game. If you just want a fun family game that you won't worry about handing over to the kids, this is perfect.
on January 16, 2015
I had another version bought about 4 years ago, and we just bought this one to be able to play 6 or even 8 people, combining the two together. The tiles have the exact same size, texture and color, which is exactly what we needed so they look identical when face down. What surprised me is that Pressman changed one of the colors, and not the one we would have changed given a chance to do so.
Under some lights the red tiles and the orange tiles are difficult to distinguish from each other. It has happened to every person we have played with, so this is not a problem specific to my family. Well, Pressman left the red and the orange alone, and changed the blue into a very light blue. I have played European versions of the game in which the blue is so dark that it can get confused with the black, but that was not the case in my 4-year old version. Yet they changed that and not the orange...
on November 2, 2016
We really enjoy this game! We play it with 3 players. My daughter is 9 and she enjoys the game. My husband and I do too. It's fun and educational too. We enjoy the critical thinking and strategy it involves, plus its enjoyable to play with friends and family.

The pieces are very sturdy. The pieces don't come with a bag for storage, so we supplied our own. It also makes it easier for you to shuffle the pieces and pick one from the bag when its your turn.
on February 21, 2016
We recently bought this game after my mom played it at a friend's house. She had so much fun with it we had to get one right away. Rummikub is a great mix of a tile/domino type game and the rummy card game. After purchasing it, we played with our kids. The game is set for up to 4 players and there were 6 of us. So we had a couple of teams and had a great time with the game.

Of course, the next idea was to see if we had 2 sets of the game, could we combine the sets and play with more players. So we bought another one!!! Now all of us can play with our own tiles and there's even room for more. (Side note...we made a mark on the back of one set so they could easily be divided if needed.)

I recommend this game. You will have a ton of fun, kids and grown-ups alike.
on March 30, 2016
This game is a lot of fun! Make sets or runs of 3+ tiles using the tiles in your hand and on the table. Sets (6, 6, 6) have to be all different colors (4 colors in the pack) and runs (6, 7, 8) have to be all the same color. Played this many times and my friends and family... everyone loves it! My only complaint is that the tiles don't come in a bag (like Scrabble or Qwirkle) so you have to find and use your own. Also, my family adds a 2 minute timer to a player's turn to make things more intense and keep the game moving.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.