- File Size: 938 KB
- Print Length: 353 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: January 12, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01N5OZEDK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #124,767 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.68|
Save $9.69 (76%)
Pressure Point (Book Two of the Drive Maker Trilogy) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Taylor Ghazti is an Admiral from the old Order Wars, but lately she's been an officer of the emergency services that scour the galaxy to aid ships and planets in peril. Most recently, she and her cobbled-together crew halted an invasion force of Kaleknarians (an insectoid species bent on ruling the galaxy) and they seem to be on the rebound to continue to halt Kaleknarian aggression, but that's not all.
In unraveling the Kaleknarian strike forces, Taylor, a powerful telepath, must untangle the recurrent dreams she's been having. It's clear that some being is projecting messages into Taylor's subconscious, but is that relevant to the cause? Also, the deeper Taylor and her compatriots get to crippling the Kaleknarian forces, the more she recognizes that Kaleknarian's are not completely responsible for the most recent aggression. No, a mind-altering Spartan Plague is converting the Kaleknarians into supersoldiers built for invasion.
Meanwhile, the slipperiest of all politicians, Ryan Harrison, is mounting a bid for President of the Meltian Alliance. Cherran DeGuavara, ambassador to the Pan-Gal consortium, an association of the five galactic powers that helps maintain order, has been tasked with running against Harrison. For good reason; Harrison is a shady, shady dude. Cherran's most important job however, is to get a resolution passed to form a defense force against aggressive forces. At first, it was conceived to hold the Kaleknarians, but now the Spartan Plague seems to be the greatest threat.
Even as the time ticks away, we can see that Taylor's efforts to understand her expanded telekinetic powers will be keenly tested. And Cherran's efforts to unite the five powers into taking down the Spartan Plague will likely be hard fought and hard to maintain. It's a tough battle, and there's plenty of cloak-and-dagger work that doesn't go exactly to plan. Okay, it goes nothing like the plan. There's so many layers of misdirection, it's hard to pin down the real perpetrators, but Taylor does the absolute best she can with the limited tools she has to hand. There's a lot of space jargon, and the names of some of the characters--and alien species--gets a bit overwhelming at times. Still, there's no question that the stakes are exceedingly high, and the risk of galactic collapse equally dire.
This is meant to lead into the third book in the series, so we have some resolution regarding the Kaleknarian menace, and a whole new problem with the Spartan supersoldiers. Who is pulling their strings remains a mystery, but Taylor isn't giving up, and her comrades are dedicated to saving as many lifeforms as they possibly can. There's a touch of romance here, for Taylor and her crewmate Hezekiah, but it's tempered by the realities of their predicaments. Do not expect heat.
In all, it's an ambitious and creative space-opera series that's got plenty of gizmos, tough chicks and intrigue. I like it bunches.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Exploration
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Exploration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera