Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper" and save 38% off the $29.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $1.99 shipping
+ $4.53 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Pops faster than a microwave- up to 18 cups of gourmet corn in less than 2 1/2 minutes
- In test after test, the Presto PopLite hot air popper out popped other leading brands, popping up to 30-percent faster with virtually no unpopped kernals
- Uses regular or gourmet popcorn for a savings of up to 70-percent over microwave bags
- Pops without oil for up to 42-percent fewer calories than microwave bag popcron, no artificial flavors, saturated fats, preservatives, or added salt
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
- Base and cover simply wipe clean.
- One year limited warranty.
- Stock No. 04820. 120 Volts AC, 1475 Watts.
- Faster, healthier, and more economical than most microwave bag popcorn.
- Use regular or gourmet popcorn with terrific results — virtually no unpopped kernels.
- Pops up to 18 cups of gourmet popcorn in less than 2 1/2 minutes
- Hot air popped corn is all natural with no artificial flavors or added salt. Zero grams of saturated fat per serving.
- Butter melter doubles as a handy measuring cup.
- Chute directs popcorn right into your bowl.
Best hot air popper! Convenient, natural and light! Pops regular or gourmet popping corn with hot air, not oil, for a healthy, low calorie treat ! Fast! Pops up to 18 cups of gourmet corn in less than 2 1/2 minutes. Leaves virtually no un-popped kernels. 120 volts, 60 Hz only.
Plug in Presto’s PopLite and the party begins. In less than 2-1/2 minutes you’ll have up to 18 cups--two large bowlfuls--of fluffy popcorn with virtually no unpopped kernels. And because the machine uses hot air instead of oil, the resulting snack is healthier and lower in calories. That’s not to say you can’t add butter; in fact, the 1/2-cup measuring cup on top of the popper doubles as a butter melter. Simply put in the desired amount of margarine or butter (room temperature is best), and it melts from the heat produced during the popping process. The clear plastic cover and cup, which must stay on during popping so the popped corn doesn’t fly all over the room, easily remove for hand cleaning with warm, soapy water. No other clean-up is required. While a few unpopped kernels spring out the chute as the machine begins to heats up, the chute does a good job of directing the popped corn into a bowl. The popper measures 14 by 9 by 6-1/2 inches, and is identical to Presto’s Orville Redenbacher Hot Air Corn Popper except for color and logo. Presto covers 1 year limited warranty. --Ann Bieri NOTE: State of California Proposition 65 requires that we include the following warning: WARNING! This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Compare to similar items
This item Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||10 x 11.6 x 7 in||5.81 x 9.25 x 13.75 in||10 x 11.5 x 7.1 in||4.3 x 7.1 x 11 in||13.46 x 7.87 x 10.87 in||15 x 7.5 x 10 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are some things you should know:
1. There is no On/Off. If you have it plugged in, it is hot and heating. It comes with a red slip that warns, if you have it heating without popcorn in it, it can damage/melt the cover. It's possible this could be why some have reported melting. You don't preheat this. Before you plug it in, everything needs to be ready. The popcorn needs to be in there and the butter warmer on top.
2. It only runs 2.5 min or so for a batch. Refrigerated butter won't melt enough in that time. You have to use soft butter in the butter melter or butter that has been softened in the microwave.
3. If you add popcorn over the fill line, YOU WILL BE SORRY. It will overheat, smoke, and shut off. You must be extremely careful not to overfill it.
4. If you add a really small amount, you'll get more unpopped kernels that will spit out while it's warming. I put a metal strainer under it instead of a large bowl. On the bright side, hot unpopped kernels don't shoot across the room or anything. You just get a some that spit out into your bowl you've placed under it.
With all that, you might be surprised I gave it a 4. I did because I had fun making it and the popcorn was delicious. If you buy this, just be aware there are certain rules in using this and you need to abide by them. I've decided to keep this.
I contacted Presto asking for a full refund on the product. I was offered a replacement which I was not interested in. I was then offered the amount it was currently being sold for which was approximately $7.00 less than what I paid. I could receive the full amount but only after providing proof of purchase. I was insulted at that point. To make me jump thru hoops to get an additional $7.00 after my son was injured by their product is an example of horrible customer service. Ann told me she hasn’t heard anything negative about the product or anything like this happening before. I considered that a CYA statement. Upon my filing a complaint with the Consumer Safety Product Commission I saw other similar complaints about people being burned, pics included.
I would avoid this product from this company. Don’t just go by the positive reviews, read the negative ones (which Ann also wasn’t aware of???).