Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper" and save 39% off the $29.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$6.89 (23%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Pops faster than a microwave- up to 18 cups of gourmet corn in less than 2 1/2 minutes
- In test after test, the Presto PopLite hot air popper out popped other leading brands, popping up to 30-percent faster with virtually no unpopped kernals
- Uses regular or gourmet popcorn for a savings of up to 70-percent over microwave bags
- Pops without oil for up to 42-percent fewer calories than microwave bag popcron, no artificial flavors, saturated fats, preservatives, or added salt
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Base and cover simply wipe clean.
- One year limited warranty.
- Stock No. 04820. 120 Volts AC, 1475 Watts.
- Faster, healthier, and more economical than most microwave bag popcorn.
- Use regular or gourmet popcorn with terrific results — virtually no unpopped kernels.
- Pops up to 18 cups of gourmet popcorn in less than 2 1/2 minutes
- Hot air popped corn is all natural with no artificial flavors or added salt. Zero grams of saturated fat per serving.
- Butter melter doubles as a handy measuring cup.
- Chute directs popcorn right into your bowl.
Compare with similar items
Cuisinart CPM-100W EasyPop Hot Air Popcorn Maker, White
Aicok Popcorn Maker, 1200W Fast Popcorn Machine, Hot Air Popcorn Popper with Wide Mouth Design, No Oil Needed, Including Measuring Cup and Removable Lid, FDA Approved and BPA-Free
Presto 04863 Poplite Hot Air Corn Popper, Color May Vary
Presto 04868 Orville Redenbacher's Fountain Hot Air Popper by Presto, Red
Dash DAPP150GBAQ04 Popcorn Maker, Aqua
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$9.12||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Ekitchen-US||JM PRIME||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||11.6 x 10 x 7 in||7.5 x 15 x 10 in||7.09 x 5.12 x 10.87 in||9.25 x 5.81 x 13.75 in||10 x 12.5 x 12.5 in||5.2 x 7.1 x 12.7 in|
Best hot air popper! Convenient, natural and light! Pops regular or gourmet popping corn with hot air, not oil, for a healthy, low calorie treat ! Fast! Pops up to 18 cups of gourmet corn in less than 2 1/2 minutes. Leaves virtually no un-popped kernels. 120 volts, 60 Hz only.
Plug in Presto’s PopLite and the party begins. In less than 2-1/2 minutes you’ll have up to 18 cups--two large bowlfuls--of fluffy popcorn with virtually no unpopped kernels. And because the machine uses hot air instead of oil, the resulting snack is healthier and lower in calories. That’s not to say you can’t add butter; in fact, the 1/2-cup measuring cup on top of the popper doubles as a butter melter. Simply put in the desired amount of margarine or butter (room temperature is best), and it melts from the heat produced during the popping process. The clear plastic cover and cup, which must stay on during popping so the popped corn doesn’t fly all over the room, easily remove for hand cleaning with warm, soapy water. No other clean-up is required. While a few unpopped kernels spring out the chute as the machine begins to heats up, the chute does a good job of directing the popped corn into a bowl. The popper measures 14 by 9 by 6-1/2 inches, and is identical to Presto’s Orville Redenbacher Hot Air Corn Popper except for color and logo. Presto covers 1 year limited warranty. --Ann Bieri NOTE: State of California Proposition 65 requires that we include the following warning: WARNING! This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are some things you should know:
1. There is no On/Off. If you have it plugged in, it is hot and heating. It comes with a red slip that warns, if you have it heating without popcorn in it, it can damage/melt the cover. It's possible this could be why some have reported melting. You don't preheat this. Before you plug it in, everything needs to be ready. The popcorn needs to be in there and the butter warmer on top.
2. It only runs 2.5 min or so for a batch. Refrigerated butter won't melt enough in that time. You have to use soft butter in the butter melter or butter that has been softened in the microwave.
3. If you add popcorn over the fill line, YOU WILL BE SORRY. It will overheat, smoke, and shut off. You must be extremely careful not to overfill it.
4. If you add a really small amount, you'll get more unpopped kernels that will spit out while it's warming. I put a metal strainer under it instead of a large bowl. On the bright side, hot unpopped kernels don't shoot across the room or anything. You just get a some that spit out into your bowl you've placed under it.
With all that, you might be surprised I gave it a 4. I did because I had fun making it and the popcorn was delicious. If you buy this, just be aware there are certain rules in using this and you need to abide by them. I've decided to keep this.
I'm leaving my rating at 3 stars, because it's a bit ridiculous to have to resort to this sort of aftermarket hack to make a product usable in practice. Still, once the guard is in place it performs well enough in other respects.
I was intrigued by the difference in design to our old popper, and after opening it Christmas morning, she of course wanted some fluffy, buttery wonder. Into the kitchen I went. Tossing the directions, I dump in three scoops of kernels, and smile, as now it's time to get out the butter and contemplate. As I begin the timer, I notice it's been a few seconds longer than usual with no popping. "Interesting," I think to myself, "this new popper allows me more time to think while I wait. This is nice."
Suddenly, it happens. All the popping begins at once. "Oh, okay I suppose it must be a bit faster overall. Oh well, that's okay I suppose," as the popcorn begins gushing from the spout. It fills the bowl to the line of the previous purple popper in just moments, but it doesn't stop! I don't understand what's happening, I used the same amount of kernels as always! What is this new red popper doing?? The bowl begins to overflow. All over the counter, some barreling into the sink and even more dropping to the floor! I grab another bowl to catch the overflow. "It's so fluffy, it weighs almost nothing," I realize as the second bowl begins to overflow. And abruptly, just as quickly as it began, it stops. I hear a single kernel bouncing in the popper as I give up trying to save them from the floor. "It can't be," I think to myself. "Where are all the duds?" I ask myself as the microwave tells me the 16 seconds for the butter is complete, and the final, lonely kernel gives a weak, yet audible "poof", and leaps onto the mountain that was once an empty bowl. "16 seconds? All of this, in just 16 seconds?" my mind tries to comprehend as I stare into the emptiness I have come to expect be filled with dud kernels and peaceful contemplation.
Forlorn, I mope into the living room, empty handed. Sitting on the couch, I look into those beautiful brown eyes and break the news. "Honey. There aren't any duds." I see those eyes begin to well up with tears. I grab hold of her and sob, "and I will never understand the meaning of life. Damn you! Damn you National Presto 04860 Poplite Hit Air Popper!"