Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on November 29, 2008
I live in an area where good shoe shines are hard to come by. As such I had been looking at a variety of products to keep my shoes looking their best. I wasn't impressed with the shine I received when trying some of my friends' stand up shoe buffers so I decided to try this.

Not only was I impressed with the power (I insisted on having something that would plug in rather than batteries) but the compact size (slightly bigger than a set of mens hair clippers). Now I'm able to take this with me on my business trips and bypass the guys at the airport!!!

This is also VERY easy to use. Dual applicators and buffers (one for black; one for brown), make this a super simple product. After seeing my shoes constantly shined (I try to do so at least once a week), several of my buddies have also opted to go with this product.

If you're like me and my wife (anal about keeping your shoes looking good), you won't be disappointed. I wish I had this years ago (3 shines would have paid for this).
on September 12, 2009
I've been looking for a good electric shoe polisher for years, but it is surprisingly difficult to find a really good one. That is, until I stumbled across this one. It is easy to use, but powerful enough to make my shoes look like new each time I use it. Shining shoes always has the potential to be a messy proposition, but this polisher makes it about as neat and easy as possible. I like how everything is stored neatly in the tray, how easily the attachments can be put on or removed, and the speed with which I can finish the job. And because it's corded and not battery-powered, it has enough power to buff my shoes to a mirror-like shine. It's fairly quiet, too. I really can't find any drawbacks to this product at all. It does what I need it to do, and it does it well. The price couldn't be beat, either.
on January 15, 2010
There were many favorable reviews, but I was still a little skeptical. How good can something for $25 be when it has a motor and cord? Well let me tell you this unit is everything as promised and more! Polishing shoes by hand was a real chore and the only part I used to get well polished in appearance was the toe where I could get a good buffing action with a strip of cloth across it while stepping on a stair. It was just too awkward to get a good polishing action on the sides of the shoe the way they can at a shoe-shine stand with your shoe up on a raised step. With the power buffer now I easily polish the entire shoe. A tip I didn't see mentioned; with the buffing bristles you use the side of the wheel, and you'll get much better control if you turn the shoe on its side when doing the toe section then if you try to control the pressure by leaving the shoe flat and holding the unit at 90 degrees.

The only suggestion I have is for the packaging. The unit comes with a nice base to hold everything as you see in the picture. It would have been nice if the box they sell it in opened from the end instead of the top (like a shoe box does) so that after use it could be slid back in and stacked on a shelf.
on November 18, 2010
I was looking for some shoe shine brushes and then thought "why not go electrical". This shoe polisher feels strong, and because the spinning speed of the brush is high I can polish my shoes very quickly and buff them afterward.

Advantages:
- Seems like a it has a strong engine
- Very easy to change brushes or buffs (I was surprised)
- The storing case is very convenient to use.
- Supports brown and black handling (or better say: two colors).

The only drawbacks I could find were:
- You need to hold the polisher with a firm hand
- You need to be careful not to put too much shoe shine paste on the shoe. Otherwise you will get a little sprayed.
- For right handed people, the brush will cycle toward you upon impacting the shoe. I wish it would hit away from you.

Overall it's a great buy for someone who has more than 2 pairs of shoes that need to be shined frequently.
on March 4, 2010
I obsessively polish and shine my shoes and have tried several different methods and tools (buffing attachments on rotary tools, drills and grinders among others) to obtain the perfect buff. This product is quite simple and works very well for buffing. As for the polishing brushes, I prefer manually brushing my shoes with traditional horse hair brushes. The ones that come with presto appear to be synthetic. I did try them out on a pair but I was not impressed with the brushing result. However as mentioned, for buffing, it's worth every penny, I specifically bought it for buffing! I like the fact that it is a plug in model so the power is consistent and I don't have to worry about weak batteries.

I love it, just get couple of proper shoe brushes and it will become an indispensable tool.
on January 9, 2011
I used to spend a good hour or so a week polishing my shoes, but no longer thanks to this polisher. What would take an afternoon is accomplished in a few quick minutes. The only drawback is the thickness of the handle, your hand will tire quickly from holding it through the vibrations. If you stick through the hand fatigue, your shoes will look better than they have ever looked- yes, better than when they came out of the box. I would recommmend that if the manufacturer remakes this product to thin out the handle and provide some form of foamy or neoprene slide to help out the hand, as well. I love this machine, and will buy another one- if this one ever breaks!
on July 15, 2009
This is a good, simple piece of hardware. The price is fair, and the storage tray is handy.

I like it, and think it's the best option- but have two minor criticisms:
-It would be nice if there was a folding case for this polisher - You can't really stack this on a stock shoe shine kit with slanted foot rest(for which my other tools and polishes are contained), nor vice versa

-The brush bristles don't stick out as far as the plastic head, which can scratch your shoes while spinning if you aren't careful(you can of course buff that back out, but wastes time). A small soft cap would be handy to avoid that(you can't have the polisher on when brushing as that wheel is large).
on June 22, 2010
Being former military I still pride myself on a great shine even as an IT manager 20 years out of the service. The cleaning wheel works great but the polishing wheels are a big harsh. I modified one of the wheels and put on 4 ply t-shirt material and I'm quite happy. I clean with the bristles, wax with the polishing wheel, then get a spit shine with my modified wheel and a little spray bottle of water.

For a quick touch up I prefer the stand up wheels with the ultra soft brush, but for an overall shine these works quite well.
on November 2, 2010
Another reviewer stated that you can't get military spit shine with this device. I agree.

I attended a military high school for a year, and I served four years of active duty in the U.S. Army. But now I'm in the business world. I don't need a spit shine, I just need my shoes to look good with minimal effort, and this thing gets the job done. I just polished two pair of shoes in a little more than the time it would normally take me to do one pair. And it did a somewhat better job. And my hands don't smell like polish. Win!

Build quality and the packaging are average, and the pads do, in fact, shed on the first use. Solid four stars.
on March 19, 2011
Some of the negative comments are accurate -- white buffing pads are cheap, storage tray is not ideal, polishing bristles are a bit rough for leather. But I still give this a 5 because it works. Shines as good as most shoe repair shops, almost as good as a pro. My big complaint is that the polishing bristles face outwards, not down like the buffing pads. Just makes polishing a little more labor intensive since you have to run the side of the wheel over the shoe surfaces.

So ... I highly recommend. Pays for itself after 5-6 uses, does a much better and easier job than hand polishing. The negatives are mostly true, still does a great job for a $30 product.