Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener" and save 55% off the $39.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $8.02. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$17.50 (44%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The product is Electric Knife Sharpener
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in China
- Two-stage sharpening system quickly and easily sharpens most any non-serrated blade for professional results in the convenience of your home. (Presto knife sharpener is 120 volts)
- No guess sharpening; Precision blade guides position the kniffe at the ideal sharpening angle for perfect results every time
- Creates a razor sharp edge in seconds using Sapphirite sharpening wheels, the same ultra-hard material used by professional shops
- Stage 1- Precision grinding begins the sharpening process by creating a precisely angled edge
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Motion Trend||Amazon.com||Chefman Direct||Lafraise||Amazon.com|
|Color||Black||Gray||White/Black||Silver||Black and silver||White and Brushed Stainless Steel|
The Presto electric knife sharpener provides an easy, automatic way to sharpen most non-serrated kitchen and sport knives to a razor sharp edge. With a special two stage system, it precision grinds a perfect sharpening angle, then fine hones and polishes the edge for professional results at home, anytime. 120 volts AC
All kitchen and sporting knives, whether professional quality or inexpensive, need a blade tune-up now and then. This electric sharpener produces razor-sharp edges using the same rapidly rotating Sapphirite grinding wheels used by professional shops. A two-stage system allows knives to be ground and sharpened on the Stage 1 half of the machine, and then honed on the Stage 2 half. Blade guides hold the knife at the ideal sharpening angle for each side of the blade, as it is drawn slowly towards the user and kept parallel to the countertop. The sharpener is suitable for knives made of alloy, carbon, or stainless steel; it is perfectly normal for sparks to fly when knives of high carbon steel come in contact with the Sapphirite wheels. Non-electric serrated knives that are only serrated on one side can also be sharpened with this machine. Three suction cups on the bottom hold the sharpener securely on a table or countertop, and two receptacles underneath catch metal filings for disposal. The sharpener measures 8-1/4 by 5-3/4 by 4 inches, and is covered by a 1-year limited warranty against defects. --Ann Bieri
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It is very WELL equipped to stay put on the surface while you are sharpening knives. Very important--you do not want one of these moving around.
2. It makes a god-awful banshee noise--warn your roommates before you start using it. (This is pretty typical of knife sharpeners, you won't find a quiet one.)
3. I like the angled slots to make sure both sides of the blade are equivalent.
4. You have to handle the knife in a very careful, skillful way. The instructions that come with the sharpened are very detailed and helpful. Nevertheless, it made me nervous about whether I was pressing too firmly or not firmly enough, whether I was pointing it inwards starting at the right time and in a smooth enough motion, etc. I still have trouble getting the tips of my knives the way I want them, which is why four instead of five stars. A slightly better design might allow for a novice sharpener like me to be able to get the WHOLE knife properly sharpened--tips and all.
The first use I pretty much destroyed a "practice" knife, but learned it takes a gentle steady touch to get the desired effect. To much pressure and you'll have a practice knife too!
The unit has a bit of wobble to it when being used, but this is explained in the instructions as being normal. I also found that using the second sharpening stone is good for a knife that just needs a touch up.
All in all, it's not a bad sharpener, but I don't think I would use it for any higher end expensive cutlery though.