Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener" and save 61% off the $39.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- Low Return Rate: 31% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 85% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "electric kitchen knife sharpener"
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$17.63 (44%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The product is Electric Knife Sharpener
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in China
- Two-stage sharpening system quickly and easily sharpens most any non-serrated blade for professional results in the convenience of your home. (Presto knife sharpener is 120 volts)
- No guess sharpening; Precision blade guides position the kniffe at the ideal sharpening angle for perfect results every time
- Creates a razor sharp edge in seconds using Sapphirite sharpening wheels, the same ultra-hard material used by professional shops
- Stage 1- Precision grinding begins the sharpening process by creating a precisely angled edge
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Presto electric knife sharpener provides an easy, automatic way to sharpen most non-serrated kitchen and sport knives to a razor sharp edge. With a special two stage system, it precision grinds a perfect sharpening angle, then fine hones and polishes the edge for professional results at home, anytime. 120 volts AC
All kitchen and sporting knives, whether professional quality or inexpensive, need a blade tune-up now and then. This electric sharpener produces razor-sharp edges using the same rapidly rotating Sapphirite grinding wheels used by professional shops. A two-stage system allows knives to be ground and sharpened on the Stage 1 half of the machine, and then honed on the Stage 2 half. Blade guides hold the knife at the ideal sharpening angle for each side of the blade, as it is drawn slowly towards the user and kept parallel to the countertop. The sharpener is suitable for knives made of alloy, carbon, or stainless steel; it is perfectly normal for sparks to fly when knives of high carbon steel come in contact with the Sapphirite wheels. Non-electric serrated knives that are only serrated on one side can also be sharpened with this machine. Three suction cups on the bottom hold the sharpener securely on a table or countertop, and two receptacles underneath catch metal filings for disposal. The sharpener measures 8-1/4 by 5-3/4 by 4 inches, and is covered by a 1-year limited warranty against defects. --Ann Bieri
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
doing that. Oh, and yes, it can slip around the counter unless you follow the directions and moisten the bottom a bit before sticking it on the counter. Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes, emphatically yes. I just did!
Some points to ponder
- Although it is easy to use, and sharpens quickly, it can be a little sensetive. You must not apply ANY pressure while sharpening. Doing so will bog the motor down and stop the stones in the middle of your knife.
- They are course grit stones.....They eat away material quickly!!! I would try it on an old knife first.
- It leaves a really bad bur. You may need to take it to a hand stone or strop to get it off if it bothers you.
- The guides work, but the stones have a different angle and may pick it up off the guide a little.
- Motor is not loud at all. Sharpening your knife is!!!
- Gets knives as dull as butter knives sharp sharp sharp!! I did it to a 30 year old Chicago Cutlery knife that looked like it had never been sharpened, and it came out with a good edge. The Chicago knife used a VERY hard steel. I could not even get an edge with my wet stone! Now with the electric sharpener putting a good edge on it, I can make it even better with my wet stones.
Like I said, I am a Chef and would not use them on my personal knives, i am sticking to wet stones for those, but I have taken the sharpener to work and sharpened the 14 knives we have in under 15 min! They stay sharp for a long time, and it is much faster than doing it by hand.
So......I would say no for your expensive set of knives, but yes for a set that you did not pay much for. The sharpener just does not have a fine enough stone fore my liking. The best part of this product is the price. I would say best sharpener for the price.
This one has to stages, a coarse grind and a fine grind side. I recently bought a new set of knives, ones that i will not be putting into the dishwasher and over the past few months of use and hand washing, they couldn't break the skin on a tomato. I used the fine side, three slow swipes through the grinder on each side, wiped the blade and the knifes own weight cut through the tomato. I have an older knife where the blade appears to be chipped in several places. I used the coarse side a few times and inspected it after, then a few more on the fine side and it repaired the blade.
This unit has good speed and power but I wouldn't apply too much downward pressure on the knife while it is grinding, it will slow the motor down. The weight of the knife fitting into the slot is all the pressure the grinding wheels can handle and on this unit, need. For reference... I sharpened a set of Cuisinart knives of all sizes including the smaller pairing knife.
If you are looking for a sharper with extreme horsepower, look elsewhere. Being a casual chef at home, this sharpener is end game for me.
Most recent customer reviews
to next time to see how well it sharpens.