Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Presto 01264 6-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
|Price:||$27.65 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection fast. Helps tenderize economical cuts of meat. Strong heavy-gauge aluminum for quick, even heating.
- Works on regular and smooth-top ranges. Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically.
- Cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced.
- Helper handle for ease of handling. Also includes a special rack for cooking several foods at once with no intermingling of flavors.
- Extended 12-year limited warranty.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Presto 01264 6-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Material||Aluminum||Aluminum||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||6 qt||Pack of 1||6.3-Quart||6 qt|
|Dimensions||9.5 inches x 19.2 inches x 10.1 inches||7.7 inches x 14.9 inches x 9.3 inches||10.5 inches x 18.1 inches x 11.5 inches||8.5 inches x 16.75 inches x 9.75 inches|
|Item Weight||5 pounds||9 pounds||9.24 pounds||5 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
The heavy-duty lid locks down during cooking; an inner sealing ring keeps the steam in. In addition to a pop-up pressure indicator and a simple steam release mechanism, there is an overpressure plug that will let off steam if it builds up excessively. This pressure cooker is useful for weeknight dinners or for any meal that needs to come together quickly. An accompanying booklet contains more than 65 recipes, ranging from basic soup stocks to stews and pot roasts--even desserts like 5-minute custards! Tenderize lean cuts of beef or pork; or cook chicken, fish, or vegetables faster than you can in a microwave, and without losing moisture.
Nonabrasive cleansers are best for cleaning this polished aluminum pressure cooker, though occasional use of a fine metal polish will help the exterior keep its shine. The Presto 6-quart aluminum pressure cooker is fully immersible; in addition, the sealing ring should be removed after each use to allow cleaning of the inside rim of the lid. The vent pipe is simple to keep clean with a small brush or pipe cleaner, and both the air vent/cover lock and the overpressure plug are removable. The pressure cooker measures 9 inches in diameter (17 inches including handles) and 8-1/2 inches tall (including lid). Presto guarantees this pressure cooker with an extended 12-year warranty. A detailed instruction and recipe booklet is included; special safety issues that pertain to pressure cookers are clearly explained. --Garland Withers
Top Customer Reviews
1. Good entry level cooker if you have never used a pressure cooker.
2. Easy and straight forward to use.
3. Good size for most household cooking tasks.
1. Not easy to clean requiring more scrubbing that one might think to get off stuck on food in the bottom.
2. Can not put in dishwasher (yes, I knew that when I bought it) so not a really big problem for me but maybe for others.
3. Funky bottom on the inside. A recessed area inside the bottom of the pan - you think that makes it easier to pre-fry meat? No! Called the mfg. to ask why they would do this and they told me it was a way to create the thicker area for heat distribution and it is the size of most burners. They didn't mention that this was cheaper for them to make, using less material but they also don't care if you happen to have a stove with a bit higher btu's than the "standard burner." This thick area on the bottom protrudes on the bottom outside and it is recessed on the inside, something they fail to tell the unaware buyer!
4. Things stick while trying to fry and stick when even cooked with water during the pressure cooking process. Now I'm aware this is aluminum but I have never had that problem with my aluminum All American so did not figure it would be a problem when I purchased.Read more ›
I think I have bought 3 seals over the years. I don't use the cooker very often though, maybe twice a month, only because I use other methods of cooking for a change.
Presto says that one should remove and clean the seal after each use, but each time you do this, it stretches a little, and fits less, and less into the lid. My seal doesn't wear out, it stretches out.
Now I just leave it in the lid, and wash it like that.
I do spread some cooking oil around the contact points on the seal, and the pot each time I use it, so the cover can be removed easily after cooking. If the seal sticks when you remove it after cooking, that also stretches the seal somewhat.
Again, I wouldn't be without a pressure cooker, it's great to have, and Presto is a top brand.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The product came dirty when I first opened it, but after wiping it down it's perfect. I just wish it was spotless when openedPublished 22 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this to can food. AFTER receiving it the little book said DO NOT use for canning. it appears to be well made and i received it very fast and the box was not damaged. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Tators Homestead
Holds 3 pint jars. It was perfect for canning my dip net fish, especially the pink salmon.Published 5 days ago by Ellen F.
This is very convenient. I use it to make soup and braised meats. It really cuts the time in half at least! I cook for a family of 4 so the size is just perfect! Read morePublished 7 days ago by jean vong
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.