Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection fast; Helps tenderize economical cuts of meat
- Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically; Complete 64-page instruction/recipe book included
- Ideal for use on regular, smooth-top and induction ranges; Our stainless steel pressure cooker may also be washed in an automatic dishwasher. When washing in a dishwasher, you must first remove the sealing ring and overpressure plug from the cover as these parts must be hand washed
- Cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced
- Helper handle for ease of handling; Extended 12-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Cooks healthy, flavorful meals, fast and easy.
- The smart choice for preparing today’s lower calorie foods.
- Cooks three to ten times faster than ordinary cooking methods!
- Pressure cooking preserves flavors and nutrients, and even tenderizes lean cuts of meat.
- Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically.
- Works on regular, smooth-top, and induction ranges. Luxurious stainless steel for long lasting beauty and easy cleaning.
- Includes cooking rack and complete 64-page instruction/recipe book.
Tri-clad base, featuring a layer of aluminum sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel, assures even heating.
Cover lock indicator shows at a glance if there is pressure inside the cooker.
Includes rack for cooking several foods at once with no intermingling of flavors and a 64-page instruction/recipe book.
Compare with similar items
Presto 8-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker, Silver
Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
T-fal Pressure Cooker, Stainless Steel Cookware, Dishwasher Safe, 15-PSI Settings, 6.3-Quart, Silver, Model P25107
Presto 50 01365 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, Deluxe, 6 qt, Metallic
|Item Dimensions||9.12 x 17.31 x 8.75 inches||—||17.40 x 11.00 x 10.50 inches||18.10 x 11.50 x 10.50 inches||16.75 x 9.75 x 8.50 inches|
|Item Weight||2.92 lbs||—||8.85 lbs||8.00 lbs||5.00 lbs|
|Material||Stainless Steel, stainless-steel||Steel||18/10 Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||6 qt||8 QUART||8 Quart||6 Qt.||6 qt|
The smart choice for healthy, favorful meals, fast and easy. Cooks 3 to 10 times faster than ordinary cooking methods - even faster than a microwave for many foods. Chicken, fish, meat and vegetables cook to perfection fast. Helps tenderize economical cuts of meat. Works on regular and smooth-top ranges. Cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from being removed until pressure is safely reduced. Includes a special rack for cooking several foods at once with no intermingling of flavors. Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Liquid capacity: 6 quarts (5.7 liters). Works on gas
Pressure cookers have experienced renewed popularity over the last several years because cooks have rediscovered what some cooks (particularly grandmas) have known for a long time--they're really fast. And it's easy to cook healthfully with pressure cookers, since the food retains so much more of its nutrients and flavor. Presto's 6-quart stainless steel pressure cooker is a multi-purpose pot that can stand in as a conventional soup pot as well as perform the kitchen magic that pressure cookers are famous for. Chicken Cacciatore cooks in 8 minutes! This professional-quality stainless steel pressure cooker is a handy addition to any well-rounded set of kitchen tools.
The heavy-duty lid locks down during cooking; an inner sealing ring keeps the steam in. In addition to a pop-up pressure indicator and a simple steam release mechanism, there is an overpressure plug that will let off steam if it builds up excessively. This pressure cooker is useful for weeknight dinners or for any meal that needs to come together quickly. An accompanying booklet contains more than 65 recipes, ranging from basic soup stocks to stews and pot roasts--even desserts like 5-minute custards! Tenderize lean cuts of beef or pork; or cook chicken, fish, or vegetables faster than you can in a microwave, and without losing moisture.
Nonabrasive cleansers are best for cleaning this stainless steel pressure cooker, though occasional use of a fine metal polish will help the exterior keep its shine. The Presto 6-quart pressure cooker is fully immersible; in addition, the sealing ring should be removed after each use to allow cleaning of the inside rim of the lid. The vent pipe is simple to keep clean with a small brush or pipe cleaner, and both the air vent/cover lock and the overpressure plug are removable. The pressure cooker measures 9 inches in diameter (17 inches including handles) and 8-1/2 inches tall (including lid). Presto guarantees this pressure cooker with an extended 12-year warranty. A detailed instruction and recipe booklet is included; special safety issues that pertain to pressure cookers are clearly explained. --Garland Withers
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE: Presto has decided to give me a "one time courtesy replacement" . They have no reason why this is not a straight Warranty replacement. However, they want me to sped another 1/3rd of the cost of a new one to ship the lid back. Apparently this is to ensure I cannot use the old one again. So they are more worried about their possible loss than my having a product that is not defective. They don't want the actual pot that warped back, so they could examine it themselves. If they did, they could pay the return freight. The customer should not have to be punished because their product is defective, which is what return freight charges are. It is good money after bad, like an internet scam of some obscure lottery win, where you send a fee for "processing". Not buying it.
For those who are concerned about screws loosening, remember this: The change in temp will cause the screws to loosen a bit. Metal expands and contracts, all metals. Check them before each use. Stainless steel will indeed stain inside the pot, but it in no way alters the function of the pan. I have a couple of old aluminum pots that are 50+ yrs old. They've been dropped, battered and used for everything and are still being used multiple times a week. I love this 'do it the old fashioned way' pressure cooker. And for those who are concerned about the availability of gaskets, they are sold everywhere, and any six qt pot will accept any brand of gasket. I removed the gasket from my high tech pressure cooker that didn't last, and the gasket fits this manual pot. I am a serious cook, I make almost everything from scratch and I give my tools a workout. But I will NOT be tempted again to buy a digital electric cooker.
Instant pot cooks at about 12lbs pressure. This comes with a 15 lb weight.
My only complaint is, there is only one screw holding one of the handles on. You need to press against the handle to open and close the cooker. Eventually it will loosen. Not hard to figure out, put two screws in the handle! It doesn't affect the functionality of the pot, but a little common sense on the part of presto would prevent me from retightening a screw every once in a while.
I know the chicken in the picture isn't super pretty, but it is falls right off the bone and is delicious!
Top reviews from other countries
Despite of all that, the manufacture process looks good, it looks and feels like it is made to last. Still, the weight part for the exhaust does not have a bolt inside the plastic part, so it will strip over time. I gave a 4 star because this is a really nice product. I just hope that they will fix the aluminium parts in the future
Las que compré eran vendidas por ENDOMEX
- It appears to achieve that 'magical' 15 PSI pressure as it cooks significantly even faster than my 20-year-old Lagostina pressure cooker
- the weight (sits on top of the lid) has a detente position, allowing for a quicker pressure release
- hefty base
- comes with a steaming plate
- the lid often will not spin loose even though the lid-locking mechanism is in the lowest position. Fiddling with it and/or more brute force is needed to release the lid
- the small handle has come loose after only a few months of use (but this can be repaired easily)
- I wish the steaming plate had more height to it to allow for a higher water level (less chance that the water will all boil away during the steaming process)
- in the same price range, I would still choose this pressure cooker over the competition (e.g. Fagor)