Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 36% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
|Price:||$44.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection fast; Helps tenderize economical cuts of meat
- Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically; Complete 64-page instruction/recipe book included
- Ideal for use on regular, smooth-top and induction ranges; Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced
- Helper handle for ease of handling; Extended 12-year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The heavy-duty lid locks down during cooking; an inner sealing ring keeps the steam in. In addition to a pop-up pressure indicator and a simple steam release mechanism, there is an overpressure plug that will let off steam if it builds up excessively. This pressure cooker is useful for weeknight dinners or for any meal that needs to come together quickly. An accompanying booklet contains more than 65 recipes, ranging from basic soup stocks to stews and pot roasts--even desserts like 5-minute custards! Tenderize lean cuts of beef or pork; or cook chicken, fish, or vegetables faster than you can in a microwave, and without losing moisture.
Nonabrasive cleansers are best for cleaning this stainless steel pressure cooker, though occasional use of a fine metal polish will help the exterior keep its shine. The Presto 6-quart pressure cooker is fully immersible; in addition, the sealing ring should be removed after each use to allow cleaning of the inside rim of the lid. The vent pipe is simple to keep clean with a small brush or pipe cleaner, and both the air vent/cover lock and the overpressure plug are removable. The pressure cooker measures 9 inches in diameter (17 inches including handles) and 8-1/2 inches tall (including lid). Presto guarantees this pressure cooker with an extended 12-year warranty. A detailed instruction and recipe booklet is included; special safety issues that pertain to pressure cookers are clearly explained. --Garland Withers
Top Customer Reviews
This is definitely one of the best purchases I have made on amazon. I still cannot believe they sell this for $35! The pot does not feel cheap at all. It has very sturdy handles, and a thick, heavy bottom, which holds in heat well. I like this pan so much that sometimes I use it instead of my skillet to sautee meat, because of the deeper pot + the cover, less cleaning up for me :-)
I love making soup and stock, but it usually takes up so much of my time when the stock is simmering. With this pressure cooker, I can make a meat-fall-off-the-bone soup in an hour!
Some might find this pot to be a little on the small side, but this pot works great for my wife and I. Although we have guests over regularly, I find the capacity of the pot to be very good. I would guess that this pot would work well for up to a 4-person family.
- Cheap, at $35, it's hard to beat
- Sturdy, I was afraid that the plastic handles would break easily, but they are in fact quite strong
- Stainless steel makes it great for browning meat pieces for stew or stock, and it heats up fast and holds heat well.
- Safe, you cannot open it when it's pressurized.
- Dish washer safe, though I prefer to wash it by hand.
- The handle can be tricky to hold with one hand. My hands are small, and when you've closed the top, the handle is kind of big. Luckily, I don't need to do this very often, and when I need to move it around, I just use both handles.
- The top cap can be tricky to clean. I usually soak it in hot soapy water, and then clean it thoroughly with Q-tip.
- The handle curves in a way that it catches any dripping liquid, I've hurt myself once when I wasn't careful at opening the cover.
- Do *NOT* remove the cap while it's blowing! The steam from inside is extremely hot and as soon as you remove the cap, the hot steam will shoot up faster than you can move your hand(s) away.
- I keep some water bottles in my freezer, and when I need to cool this off in a hurry, I can make a bath of cold water in my sink, put the hot pot inside, and throw the froze water bottles in. This usually cools it down very fast, great when I want to refrigerate it overnight to skim off the fat, and didn't want to wait too long for it to cool down.
I purchased this item on May 3rd 2012 and it is delivered to us by May 4th 2012. This is our first presto cooker / stainless steel cooker. There is rust all over the lid. in the edges ( see pictures in amazon) , near the steam vent . the screws at handle. all this in just 2 and half months (75 days). I called up Amazon - their warranty expired on 30 days. now i have to deal with presto...i will update more about my experience.
I am pretty much sure that quality has deteriorated over period of time. Very Poor......
Update : After trying cleaning and other tricks. finally Called Up presto . They won't take the item back or give a replacement . instead - they send me screws , stating that the body will never get rust because it is pure stainless steel. I tried to open the screws but it did not work , because screws were badly rusted and slipped on philips screw driver.
I called up again and this time they are ready to give me a Prepaid UPS Label. I have send the item to them , yet to hear from them.
Update (02/20/2013) : Ok , i got the pressure cooker back from Presto couple days back , they changed the handle and screws. I could not find any rust or stain anywhere ( so i will give 3 stars , increase in 2) . I guess the problem was the LOW QUALITY screws. The screws were so bad that the rust stained over the body and edges .It was difficult to figure out whether the body got rust or not. Whatever Poor Quality of Screws created all this mess. I will post new picture soon , i think the OVERALL QUALITY OF STAINLESS STEEL IS GOOD. If you complain to presto they will send you better quality of screws . If you delay on those screws then the threads will wear off and then it will be impossible to change them. Just want to add one more point . I use this cooker everyday , so i will wait and see how these screws performs.
Update (02/01/2014) : Here is the update - i think i was too late on the first screws and what happened is even after replacing with stainless steel screws the lid will keep getting rust and i ran out of patience and finally i gave up. Just want to add - it's the lid which keep getting the rust ( near the pressure valve and handle screws) . The body is still intact and has no rust. I no longer use this to pressure cook.
I am considering 2 options
1) to buy presto from store like KOHLS ( just because they have awesome return policy - [Return any item, anytime, for any reason.]
2) to buy Hawkins Pressure cooker - [...]
This model is a smaller version of the 6-quart, so if you think this one is too small, that one would work for a family. This size is just right for one or two people. I always make very small quantities of food in it anyway as I don't like to have a lot of leftovers.
Cleanup with this product is very fast and easy as it is so lightweight. Another nice thing is that replacement parts are very easy to obtain (rubber gasket and overpressure plug).
I highly recommend this pressure cooker and the 6-quart stainless steel model as well.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
With proper use and maintenance, no...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.