Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Pretty Delicious: Lean and Lovely Recipes for a Healthy, Happy New You Hardcover – February 1, 2011
|New from||Used from|
"The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook" by Megan Flynn Peterson
Explore over 150 recipes made with 15 fundamental ingredients that save you time, energy, and money while going 'Paleo'. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
CANDICE KUMAI received her culinary training at Le Cordon Bleu California School of Culinary Arts and has worked in several Los Angeles restaurants. After appearing on the first season of Bravo's Top Chef, she became the host of Lifetime's hit series Cook Yourself Thin and was a contributing writer to the #1 New York Times bestseller Cook Yourself Thin: Skinny Meals You Can Make in Minutes. She has also appeared on TLC's Home Made Simple and Cooking Channel's Unique Eats and has contributed to various food and lifestyle publications. Candice continues her journey of spreading her love of pretty delicious cooking, good health, and living a fabulous life in New York City.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 79%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top Customer Reviews
I've had the book for a few months now and have made the following recipes:
- blueberry bran muffins - lifesavers! I freeze these for a great grab and go breakfast
- spinich artichoke dip - Yum! Hubby didn't even know this was reduced calorie
- cucumber tea 'wiches - love this for a light lunch
- mushroom and potato pierogies - very hard to roll the pierogies and form them - it took forever and i didn't get many well formed pierogies. However, the filling is DELICIOUS and sometimes I make it as a side for dinner
- 3 veg curry - yummy, homemade indian sauce. I love this one - total comfort food
- spicy soba with shitakes and peas - yum! great lunch option. I never tried soba noodles before but I found them easily in my small town grocery store and was surprised that they are low calorie, high protein and high fiber. Wow! The only suggestion I have to to try to find reduced sodium noodles if you can, they are really salty
- platinum mac and cheese - GREAT but i suggest omitting the garlic powder. I also added freshly ground pepper and reduced the amount of salt. I want to try it with added broccoli next time to add some veggies. I was VERY skeptical of this recipe because it uses 3 cups of almond milk which I thought was really weird but it came out really well. don't be afraid to try this one!
THANK YOU, Candice for this beautiful book that makes these healthy and nutritious recipes so accessible and... Pretty.
Bonus, Candice is one of the sweetest people ever! I've made the brownies a couple of times and while yummy, I can't get them to stop turning out like fluffy chocolate cake. She took the time to respond to my e-mail and give me some tips for next time!
The beautiful layout of this cookbok makes each recipe easy to understand and its story, relatable. This is a cookbook that will live on your countertop or coffee table. The recipes are stylish, healthy (she substitutes ingredients but truly maintains key flavor), and unique. The "Food w/ Benefits" (FWB) chart, tips and advice, and vegetarian/vegan symbols are user friendly and very informative!
Pretty Delicious is for every woman out there. Cheers!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
love it, great background on the "why's of the recipe" vs just a list of incredients! I actually read the book as a book and not a reference to just cook something :)Published 2 months ago by barbara strongwell
One of my favorite cookbooks! Candice makes cooking healthy, fun and deliciousPublished 3 months ago by HAPPILY MARRIED
Favorite chef. Beautiful hardback book. The recipes are very easy to follow. I tend to go back to these recipes every few weeks.Published 14 months ago by Laura
This book is phenomenal! Candice's recipes are filling, tasty and fun to prepare. I've made so many of the recipes and they have quickly become standards in our household. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Meredith Cunningham