- File Size: 2801 KB
- Print Length: 286 pages
- Publication Date: December 29, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00QCG45PM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#102,265 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #191 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Women's Fiction
- #1057 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
- #1776 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > New Adult & College
|Print List Price:||$8.00|
Save $4.01 (50%)
Pretty Liar (The Pretty Trilogy Book 2) Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
>I am an independent reviewer. This is the 2nd book in the Pretty Trilogy and ends mostly in an HEA. There are still a lot of hoops to jump through to be together, but Kai and Kate have both decided they want to be together. Kai wants to be with Kate, but marriage is not something he wants. Kate doesn’t want to just be a kept woman. Kai’s cousin, ex and father are all plotting against Kate, trying to get her jealous enough for her to run and leave.
>Kate does end up running home, where her poor home life is portrayed. Her mother tries to navigate a reunion with Kate’s cheating ex, not taking no for an answer. This story has Shane, Kate’s cheating ex, resurface. He is clueless as to why Kate dumped him. I felt this part of the story was hard to believe. All of the male attention really causes Kai to show off his jealousy, which is hot.
> Kate’s friend has a small part in this book, as she tried to sleep with her boyfriend. There isn’t much action outside of the bedroom. The verbal sparring is interesting, especially between Kate and Sophia. Kate seems to be able to stand up for herself in this book. The sex scenes are very hot, but so are the alpha scenes where Kai is angry.
>This book is appropriate for an adult audience. I am giving the book 4*. More action needed to be included.
We get to peek into Kai's life a bit more and learn that the arrogant alpha male has a soft inside in contrast to his rough exterior. We see and hear more from the douchey ex fiancé that just won't go away. I guess you could say he was like a bad case of the crabs... (I don't quite have the humor this great author has) The ex along with Kate's family will throw her some curves that she must deal with and Kai's family will do the same. The ending of Pretty Lair will leave you with a bit of surprise that will make you want book three, Pretty Persuasion, earlier than its anticipated release date in March. I am definitely ready for it now!
When I saw that it was a trilogy I promised myself that I would stop and write a review before going on to the next book. Half-way through reading this one I immediately went ahead and purchased the other two just to keep me feeling safe knowing they were there waiting for me to jump into. So the stopping to write a review for each was a lie I told myself; I just couldn't do it.
It's hard to take a plot that has been done over and over and over of late and make it different. Yes this has been told in many ways, and you will probably see a few similarities in this trilogy to remind you of another famous one; but it all stops there. Move this one to the top of your next to read list. The STORY woven around what is familiar certainly is not; it is fresh and interesting in and of itself alone. Now add to that sexy hot panty scenes and you have got yourself a fantastic read.
Go for it.
Most recent customer reviews
This book had me happy, sad, laughing, yelling, and my anxiety through the roof trying to hurry to find out what happens next.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Multicultural
- Books > Romance > New Adult & College
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Religious
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Multicultural & Interracial
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy