Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on March 8, 2015
Aria, Spencer, Hannah and Emily are brought back together by their common bond, their lost friend Alison. I have watched the shows and I am now enjoying the books. Who is 'A' ? Every time I think i have figured it out there is an exciting new twist. I can't wait to read more. ;)
on March 8, 2015
Pretty Little Liars. An intriguing story about best friends. Five girls living the privileged life only money can buy, until the end of their seventh grade year when Allison mysteriously disappeared. Three years and what seems a lifetime later the girls, who have drifted away from each other, are brought back together with threatening messages that may or may not be from the missing Ali. This is an entertaining story about little rich girls and their scandalous behavior, a fast read and a definite page Turner. This reader is looking forward to reading what she believes week be the continued saga of these Pennsylvania Princesses.
on October 11, 2016
This book held my attention til the end and then guess it does not appear to be the end. Help I need the next book. Please share with me
on March 6, 2013
I started reading the book at the same time I started watching the tv series. I'm still undecided which I like better. Reading/watching simultaneously is really awesome because you can put faces to names and get background info from the book that you don't get in the show. I don't understand though why the book and show timeline needed to be different. The show time frame is a little more believable because they are older. Some of the acts and behaviors they commit seem years ahead of their time. More or less college behavior than junior high or early high school behavior. I guess that would be the only thing I really disliked about the series is how youngthey are and the acts they commit are far beyond their years. They seem awfully young to be casually drinking so often. Some of the content seems very unbelievable for a sophomore group of kids. I will definitely read the next book and continue the series on tv. It's amazing that the entire book is covered in just four tv episodes!
on October 12, 2016
after starting to watch the series, I really wanted to read the books. I prefer books usually, and this time is no different. I love the characters, the plot, and the detail even more in the novel. I can't wait to read the next one.
on November 17, 2017
I loved these first four books. Not like the show at all. Better character development and a great read.
on March 19, 2017
I finished this in a day... i was addicted 2 this book.... great book!love it!SERIOUSLY 😃This book had all the factors to be an awesome book. Definitely reading the whole series and watching the whole series. 😁
on July 14, 2016
Interesting teen age drama. Never clear to me what the terrible secret is or was, that they're trying desperately no to reveal.
Should be interesting for girls under 20 y/o.
on August 22, 2010
I was extremely surprised to find how much I enjoyed this book. I thought it would be about whiny, spoiled teenagers suffering through high school drama, but I was definitely wrong. Sure, it is about spoiled teenagers in high school, but the story was strangely addicting! The girls are crazy! I cannot believe some of the things they did at such a young age. The story is pretty much centered around the secrets these girls have from before their friend, Alison, vanished in 7th grade. For 7th graders, they have a lot more secrets than I have ever had. It was interesting to see that those secrets still control their lives three years later.

I loved how each chapter was in either Spencer's, Aria's, Hanna's or Emily's point of view. Spencer and Aria were by far my favorite characters. I found their lives more interesting and exciting than Hanna's or Emily's. I did not really like Hanna at times, and Emily was just forgettable to me. Even now, it was hard to remember her name.

The creepy messages that the girls receive from a person known only as 'A' reminded of the show Gossip Girl. Every time I read one of them, I could not help imagining them being said in the same voice as Gossip Girl.

Overall, Pretty Little Liars was fast-paced. It was extremely hard to put it down (I was only reading five chapters a day for the Read Along), and when I did put it down, I was thinking about it for the rest of the day. I wanted to know what happens next, and if I was not reading it as part of a Read Along, I would have finished it in a day. I would recommed this book to mature teenagers and up since there are many mature themes in this book such as drugs, alcohol, student-teacher affair, shoplifting, eating disorders, etc. In my opinion, it is more of a guilty-pleasure type of book, but I sure did enjoy it! I am definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
on February 27, 2014
I started out by watching the TV show and was thinking that the two would be very similar. And unlike other books and TV shows; I wasn't really disappointed in that aspect. The characters are all there, the plot is pretty much the same, it would be boring if they were identical. The books are still about trying to find the mysterious and allusive A.
As far as the packaging I really like the book set idea, especially when dealing with paperback. I hate getting wear and tear on my books and the boxing really helps to shelter the book from that damage and dust too!