Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 23, 2018
It's no wonder this film became a hit. You look at Julia Roberts and it's hard not to like her. You look at her (especially for me, when she's with Richard Gere and she's playing with him about rescuing her if she fell off the balcony of his penthouse apartment) and think, "This girl is going to save this man! This is the girl for him!" I thought that way about Laura San Giacomo (she played Kit De Luca, Julia's hooker friend) as well. I looked at her youth and her beauty and saw no "trash" in her. Sometimes, I thought she should've won the role instead of Julia. No offense, Ms. Roberts. I'll say one thing about Richard Gere's character: He's not only likable, but he's strong. He's strong enough to resist temptation. I wish I were more like him.
2 people found this helpful
on December 9, 2013
I was dragged to see this movie (not the first time) and ended up liking just as much (if not more) than my wife.

The story involved the redemption of a prostitute which might turn some people off. But that aspect was handled quite deftly (for the most part) and shouldn't keep most people from liking the movie. This was the first pairing of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts and IMHO the best. There is a little bit of Cinderella in this movie which I didn't realize until later.

The plot was interesting and the acting was quite good. I especially liked Jason Alexander and Hector Elizondo - both of who was excellent. And legendary Ralph Bellamy had a nice, very well done, small part.

I would rate this a very high 9.5 out of 10. It has become one of my favorite movies!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 15, 2017
One of the best romantic comedy films ever made. Like the Cinderella story, only with more sophistication and a modern edge. Great acting, too. We will enjoy it again and again.
CH
on August 8, 2017
I loved this movie when it was first released, it made Julia Roberts a Super Star in the process. My only regret is a few scenes were changed, and I prefer the original. Still a great "Feel Good" movie!
on January 31, 2018
If you’re a fan of this movie like myself this is the best way to watch it! In stunning blu-ray quality. This movie looks better than ever and the audio is also great! Take advantage of the $5.99 deal and snag it Trust me !
Top Contributor: Woodworkingon February 20, 2013
Even with the passing of time, this is a great movie. My wife and I enjoy watching many movies together but this is one that has no bad words and very few raunchy scenes. A great general family movie in my opinion.

I had a slight issue trying to purchase a 48 hour rental from Amazon.com using my account. I first attempted to buy from my computer (HD) to watch on my PS3 in the front room. This purchase appeared to go through but my PS3 never had an entry in the library for it. I then tried to order from the PS3 and was eventually able to do it. Good streaming performance.
on August 27, 2017
Wife loves this soundtrack to the movie. She plays it constantly and is very happy with this purchase.
on July 3, 2015
Who doesn't love this classic though very unrealistic movie of a gorgeous ridiculously rich man and a beautiful bright eyed girl down on her luck? A classic silly rom com that is both funny and heartwarming. Which girl out there hasn't wished she too could be taken on an insanely expensive shopping spree in Hollywood and have Richard Gere climbing up to rescue her after a mere week's time where she could also 'rescue him right back'?
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 11, 2017
Love that she shows anyone can be whomever they want and change their life situation.
on November 5, 2017
Happy to find the Special Edition.
Two fun characters to watch fall in love.
Love Richard and Julia