Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,409 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,732 reviews
on March 10, 2012
The film "pretty woman" is a modern classic. It became a huge box office hit in the early 90s and made a superstar out of Julia Roberts. The film's release on DVD has been a muddled affair as a special edition version of the film that added all sorts of deleted scenes was the only version available. These scenes in my opinion took away from the original film which was perfect in it's original form. Sadly, the original theatrical version had been unavailable unless you owned a VHS copy.

The Blu-Ray version here thankfully IS THE ORIGINAL THEATRICAL VERSION. The picture quality is clear and you can enjoy Pretty Woman without having to suffer through those awful scenes that the director frankly didn't feel worked either. The blu ray menu is gorgeous with a multipanel layout showing Vivienne's scene from the movie and the corresponding preliminary costume design artwork in another panel. James Newton Howard's amazing (and sadly still unreleased) orchestral scores plays in the background. There are loads of extras that have been offered on previous edition. On this version the main draw is the original film.

I'm very happy to have this version back in my collection.
on June 1, 2017
I started watching this movie on one of the cable channels but then my grouchy old husband, as usual, in his sny moody indirect way asked how much longer before I turn the TV off. Ya, men like my husband are reason way women are so relatable with Vivian & her dream of a Knight coming to her rescue.
Even though I've seen this movie too many times to count, it had me hooked as if it were the first time & I needed to see the end so I paid the $2.99 to watch it on my Android...worth it! This movie still leaves me with the feeling of wanting to be someone's Pretty Woman.
I look over at my snoring husband & realize he's more like a Stuckey than an Edward.
on March 6, 2016
Saw this again after decades and it still tells a good story that isn't too dated. Roberts is funny and cheeky and gorgeous, of course, and Gere is convincing at going from being in complete control - or thinking he is - to being less sure of himself. And also gorgeous, of course. I still disliked the emphasis on consumerism (watch Julia shop!) but appreciated the digs at snooty shopkeepers and the fine supporting cast (Hector Elizondo as the hotel manager and Laura san Giacomo as Roberts's friend Kit. The ending is a classic.
on May 6, 2015
Dear Vivian,

How are you doing today, gal? How much do I owe you for this film? I watch it every day. You create a positive impact in my life through your career. I've been fascinating by your achievements as your "Big" Fan. Words are not enough for me, to explain my sincere compliments and congratulations to you, for what you've done toward me. What I owe you is: gratitude, recognition, and respect.

You earned 60,000 bonus points to heaven, the fact that I watch it daily. You made my day!. God likes to see that: when you make me smile and laugh. The credit goes also to your co- Actor "Edward" (Richard Gere).

Dear Oscar Members of Directors,

If you already gave Julia Roberts and Richard Gere an Oscar for that film, I’m writing to request a second or a “Golden Globe” award for both and casting staff. They deserve it. Consider it like a “delayed reward”. That happens in life. It is the good gesture that counts.

She was a noble person who taught us not to be discouraged regardless how tough our afflictions of life are. She was precise with her motivation/passion/determination, in which that things can change for a better tomorrow. What you saw in this motion picture was: perseverance, courageous approach for a positive outcome.

Silver Screen Partners IV, Arnon Milchan, Gary Marshall, Gary W. Goldstein, Laura Ziskin, Steven Reuther, J.F. Lawton, Richard Gere, Julia Roberts. Way to go; guys! Thank you very much.
on October 4, 2016
I wanted the original version without any cut scenes added back in. They were cut for a good reason. I looked and looked and began to think it would not be possible to find it but I found it on here and purchased it right away. I love this movie and have since it came out.
on December 9, 2013
I was dragged to see this movie (not the first time) and ended up liking just as much (if not more) than my wife.

The story involved the redemption of a prostitute which might turn some people off. But that aspect was handled quite deftly (for the most part) and shouldn't keep most people from liking the movie. This was the first pairing of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts and IMHO the best. There is a little bit of Cinderella in this movie which I didn't realize until later.

The plot was interesting and the acting was quite good. I especially liked Jason Alexander and Hector Elizondo - both of who was excellent. And legendary Ralph Bellamy had a nice, very well done, small part.

I would rate this a very high 9.5 out of 10. It has become one of my favorite movies!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on February 20, 2013
Even with the passing of time, this is a great movie. My wife and I enjoy watching many movies together but this is one that has no bad words and very few raunchy scenes. A great general family movie in my opinion.

I had a slight issue trying to purchase a 48 hour rental from Amazon.com using my account. I first attempted to buy from my computer (HD) to watch on my PS3 in the front room. This purchase appeared to go through but my PS3 never had an entry in the library for it. I then tried to order from the PS3 and was eventually able to do it. Good streaming performance.
on October 4, 2016
The great chemistry between these two actors and the dialog, especially at the beginning, make this funny and romantic. Realizing that romance is dead for the most part these days, the more recent critical reviews can be safely ignored.
on April 24, 2017
It's a classic but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. but its a decent movie and if you like Julia Roberts then you'll like this movie.
on April 15, 2016
I bought this thinking that with it being a special anniversary edition, additional features would be on the disc in the special feature area. In the description, that is how it is portrayed also. Not so much. It has deleted scenes added to the movie and scenes cut out from the theatrical version that we all know and love. Also, some scenes skip oddly, almost as if the disc was damaged.