Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Prevention Magazine - Walk Your Way Slim
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

Format: DVD|Change

"The weather is always fine inside." ~Michelle Dozois

Michelle Dozois has a ton of energy and if you are used to the Walk Away the Pounds workouts, this is going to take you to the next level. In fact, this might be more like "aerobics" than "walking." If you are looking for a challenge, you will find three levels to choose from. There are "power moves" that raise the intensity.

During the cooldown segment the music is not choreographed correctly and continues at a hyper pace while your body is moving into a more relaxed pace. It just doesn't feel right.

Will you burn fat while doing this workout? You bet! It is intense, there are three levels to choose from and you can alternate between the levels because at times all three levels are shown at the same time in a split screen format. My body broke out into a full-body sweat and I could feel the burn during most of the workout.

My DVD case didn't have the "bonus booklet" they advertise on the cover.

Disadvantages of this workout: TWISTY KNEE MOVES

If you have any knee issues at all, avoid this workout.

If "Walk Away the Pounds" is coordination level 1-3, this is coordination level 6-10. While you don't need any equipment, this is more like aerobics and I'd recommend this for intermediate to advanced exercise video veterans.

Fast paced, high energy, lots of creativity and a real challenge.

~The Rebecca Review
on March 11, 2004
I'm English, and I wanted to add some American fitness DVDs to my collection; this was one of those I randomly chose. It's great, it really is. Another reviewer suggests it is more like aerobics than walking, and I guess there is some truth in that (though nothing is complicated or dancy), but it is an EXCELLENT low impact, high sweat programme that is loads of fun. I exercise at least 6 times a week so I do the highest of the three levels on offer but the other two are good as well, and make this suitable for most ages and fitness levels. I'd imagine it would be really satisfying as a beginner to start at level one and work your way up. The cueing is first rate, and the exercisers, including the trainer, all look as though they are having a good time too. I bought one of Leslie Sansone's programmes, and while that was okay I didn't like the praise-heaven peppiness and didn't feel I got a serious cardio workout from it (one for light days); this, on the other hand,is cheerful without being annoying and definitely burns off that fat. Excellent value, too.
on December 22, 2005
What a great "walking" DVD! It was a little higher paced, more aerobic than Leslie Sansone's videos, and definitely requires some coordination. But after a couple of runs through, I had the program down pat, and I am not the most coordinated person on the earth! As others have said, it seems to have a higher aerobic value than Leslie's DVD's, and yet, I don't have that worn out, drag myself through the day feeling after this workout like I do with some of the Walk Away the Pounds workouts.

Michelle starts with a basic move, easy to follow, and then slowly adds additional moves, one by one, until you have a full routine. Just when you get that routine down, she will switch to another, starting again with the very first step. The three different levels help you adjust the workout to your own pace; sometimes I vary between all three, depending on my energy level that day.

The tempo is quick, and Michelle is upbeat, but not too peppy - like some instructors can be. She counts out the beat at just the right times to make it easier to adjust through a routine change. She also is constantly adding or modifying moves to keep you on your toes, and it helps to eliminate the boredom factor.

I really like the warm up and cool down sections that are on this video. This is the first video that I have found that truly stretches each individual muscle, carefully and effectively. I am not overly flexible, but these stretches are great. They are also easy to do, and Michelle explains which musle you should feel the stretch in, so you know whether you are doing them correctly. Right as I start to do a stretch incorrectly, she will say something, like "pull your hips forward" or " extend your tailbone out straight behind you", and it gives me the exact description I need to position myself correctly, and feel the stretch.

It seems to me that this video vaguely touches on some of the other forms of exercise, such as dance, tai chi, etc. There are some moves that border on moves used in tap, and the stretching and breathing and positioning might even remind you of yoga or pilates (although you are never actually on the floor). Whatever she incorporates into her moves, she does it in a very subtle way, making it extrememly fun and engaging.

This is definitely the best workout I have found so far, perfectly balancing an effective workout, a great stretch, and a lot of fun all at the same time. I definitely recommend adding it to your collection!
on June 27, 2004
I think this is a great workout for any fitness level. I fluctuate between level 1 and 2. I did not have the bonus book in my video either. I went to [...] and emailed them that I did not receive the bonus book. I received it in the mail within 1 week.
on January 6, 2005
Is this a powerful workout? Sure. Will it make you sweat? Absolutely! But is it a "walking" workout? No way. In my opinion, this is a true medium-impact aerobic workout. I liked that there were 3 levels to choose from so you can customize your workout, but the title is totally misleading. I consider myself to be in shape, but I do have knee problems, which were aggrivated after this workout. Like a few reviewers have already said, you're probably better off not purchasing this tape if you have knee issues; there IS jogging involved in levels 2 and 3. I much prefer Leslie Sansone's WATP series, as they're effective yet low-impact, and they involve using weights to tone the arms. All in all, I'm somewhat disappointed I spent my money on this particular workout.
on May 25, 2005
I am a Leslie Sansone veteran. I also enjoy George Foreman's walking tapes. However, I do not feel this should be marketed and sold as a true walking program. It is more high impact aerobic dancing, something that I prefer to avoid due to a previous back injury. I give the video high marks and would recommend it for someone younger and more flexible, but not for people middle age, older, and those who are overweight or with weak knees. It's good but for people like me, it's too much.
on May 8, 2004
i loved this workout!! It made me sweat like crazy and i loved how they split the workout into three levels [beginners, intermediate, and advanced] in the same screen. THe workout was INTENSE. You can NOT not sweat. The program is very well-planned from going to a intense and then a little less intense and back again to help stablize your heart rate. Michelle is an awesome instructor and isn't annoying at all and is a terrific cue-er. This workout will take you less than 2 workouts to get the moves. THey're simple yet really fun and will get your heart rate up. This workouit will be one of my favorites for a loong time to come!
on March 26, 2006
To be totally honest, I cannot find a single thing I hate about this dvd...Now mind you, I've been a FIRM lover for over three years. But every now and then you need to jump-start your workouts...I workout five to six days a week, this workout has been a WELCOMED change of past. Love the music, bright colors, superb instructions, my heart is racing as I do level three throuoghout. Love the "twisting" moves and I do have a bad knee. ITS A REALY GREAT ADDITION TO ANY COLLECTION :-)
on March 7, 2006
When I first got this dvd I got it strictly for the price. I had bought the 10 minute solution DVD with Michelle teaching and because I had been teaching aerobics for 10 years I wasn't too impressed so when I saw that she was teaching it I almost didn't buy it. BUT I AM SO GLAD I DID!!! How much of a better instructor is Michelle when she has people to instruct not just a camera lens. I loved everything about this dvd. The lenghth of time, the intensity, the fact that you don't need a lot of room (I live in a small NYC apt) and more importantly how much I sweat for only 30 minutes of exercise. I love buying exercise videos but I find that they are getting shorter and shorter. They used to be 70 mintues long (Jane Fonda!!!) then the went down to 60 then 30 then 15 then 10 and now 8!!! What happened??? Do people really not have that much time anymore?? I have to do like 3 dvds in a row to simulate what I used to do for 45 minutes to an hour in a gym aerobics class the intensity is just not there anymore. But this dvd is great because it has intensity of your choice no less and my heart rate is up there as if I am doing a step class work out. Thank you prevention I am going to check Amazon right now and buy all the rest of the series.
on May 13, 2005
As a "Walk Away the Pounds" veteran, I've been doing the 30- and 45-minute walk videos for some months, so I thought this video would be a snap. Wow, what a difference. As previous reviewers have noted, this is really a full-on aerobics video. Compared to the somewhat simplistic WATP series, it will seem very fast-paced and confusing the first time through, but don't get discouraged! The moves are repeated several times in various combinations, and after your first full viewing, you'll catch on with no problem. And if you get confused, do what Leslie always told you: just keep moving, even if it's just walking in place! The instructor takes simple moves which will be very familiar to WATP users (kickbacks, kicks, side-steps, etc) and makes them much more challenging. The sweat will pour, and you'll feel great.