- Product Dimensions: 4.7 x 7.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0066636AS
- Item model number: MT-KDF-CLR
- Average Customer Review: 682 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 11, 2011
amFilm® Kindle Fire (Previous Generation) HD Clear (Invisible) Premium Screen Protectors (2-Pack) [Lifetime Warranty]
|Price:||$7.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$17.04 (68%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Compatibility - Specifically designed for Kindle Fire (NOT compatible with Kindle Fire HD)
- Engineered using superior-quality, HD Clear film - won't distort natural color palette or HD quality of your display screen
- Protects screen from daily scratches, dust, scrapes, and normal signs of wear
- Attaches smoothly with self-adhering surface, leaves no residue when removed
- Screen Protector Kit Includes: (2) HD Clear Screen Protectors (5) Dust Removal/Hinge Stickers (1) Micro-Fiber Cleaning Cloth (1) Installation Guide (1) Squeegee Card
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
amFilm (TM) Premium Screen Protector for Kindle Fire is made from superior quality 3-layer PET film, and specifically designed to fit Newest Kindle Fire. It effectively protects the screen from daily scratches, dust and scrapes. With self-adhering surface, the film is designed for easy application and zero-to-minimal bubbles during application. A bubble removal card is also included to remove the occasional bubble easily.
Two screen protector films, micro-fiber cleaning cloth and bubble removal card are included.
amFilm(TM) is a trademark and protected by US Trademark Law.
PLEASE NOTE: This screen protector is for Kindle Fire Only, not for Kindle Fire HD. Please refer to following products for Kindle Fire HD 7":
Clear (Invisible):ASIN: B0098OCKDE
Anti-Glare (anti-fingerprint): ASIN: B0098O8VK0
Top Customer Reviews
I read a review that suggested you try using a small amt of water with a few drops of soap in it. That turned out to be a bad idea for this screen protector. It really didn't help me apply it at all (I couldn't move it around or anything once it was down) and you could see ugly streaks in the screen saver after I was done. However, rather than rip it off and go with the second one, I gave it a chance and it did end up drying after a few days and now it actually looks fantastic. I was really surprised and I think it is a positive for the screen protector itself that it seems to look better after a few days.Read more ›
Now for the griping: I've applied dozens of screen films on a myriad of electronic devices, so I blew off the reviews that kvetched about the difficulty in getting the screen pristine and ending up with bubbles that just don't go away. It was obvious that the folks just weren't being careful. Welllllll...
I cleaned the screen thoroughly with an approved cleaning solution to eliminate grease and fingerprints, then meticulously scrubbed the screen with the included Magic Cloth. I triple checked to be sure that neither a speck of dust nor fluff of lint remained. I STILL got bubbles that refused to be scraped to the side with a credit card or plastic scraper. I carefully peeled back the film and reapplied even more carefully, using the method I use when applying verniers - start at one edge and roll steadily to the other so bubbles cannot form. Still got bubbles, with the added bonus of a space along one edge that no longer clings. Yay.
My advice for anyone (like me) OCD enough to really hate bubbles:
1) Do the application in an extremely well-lit place. This will help you avoid pitfalls.
2) With both covers still on the film, practice placing the film precisely. Removing and replacing is a Vary Bad Plan.
3) Clean, then re-clean. Use a bright light to ensure that nothing larger than an O2 molecule is left on the screen. Then clean it again.Read more ›
But don't despair! There is a full proof trick to do it right. I won't even describe how to do it because the company will send you an email with an instructional video teaching you the "tape trick" to get it on straight. Unfortunately I didn't know they were going to email me so I hadn't seen the email yet, even thought it was in my inbox. Long story short, if you don't know any installation tricks already MAKE SURE you watch the video they'll send you. Otherwise you'll end up ruining one or both of the protectors trying to put it on. If they don't email it to you, then go to YouTube and look for "screen protector tape method". The video I like best is titled "(The Original) Foolproof way to put a screen protector" because it has onscreen written instructions along with the video. Trust me, follow the tape method and save yourself a lot of trouble and frustration by trying to eyeball it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it's still protecting my screen years later without any issues. I love this product!Published 11 months ago by Colleen
After having had a previous generation Kindle Fire (for several years) that was protected with this film, all I can say is "Ya gotta git one"!!! Read morePublished 17 months ago by Barbara Nell Heath
Look for Similar Items by Category