Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $15.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Prevue Hendryx Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage
- Our flight cage makes the perfect home for multiple parakeets, canaries or finches
- 4 Plastic double cups and 3 wood perches are included
- Bottom grille and drawer slide out for convenient cleaning
- Durable wrought iron construction is easy to assemble
- 31-Inch long, 20-1/2-inch wide, 53-inch high with 1/2-inch wire spacing
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Prevue Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage with Stand F040 Black Bird Cage makes the perfect home for multiple parakeets, canaries or finches. Featuring two large front doors and a bottom shelf for additional storage space, this flight cage stands on rolling casters and is easily moved from room to room. Four plastic double cups and three wood perches are included in this economical extra large cage. Our wrought iron Flight Cage with Stand is 31-inch long, 20-1/2-inch wide and 53-inch high with 1/2-inch wire spacing, available in Black Wrought Iron only.
Size: Large | Color: Black Hammertone
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When the Prevue Hendryx F050 cage arrived at my private mailbox, it had a UPS sticker with a warning label that the item weighed over 70 pounds, which was odd to me since I thought it was only 42 pounds. I had my boyfriend put it in the back of my SUV ( rear seats folded to fit) with the assistance of a dolly in order to take it home.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the side gates of the cage were bent and that is why I can't give this a 5 star rating.The assembly of the cage required two of us to put together, I would rate the difficulty of assembly as medium, it took us 38 minutes to fully assemble it. In other words if you loathe Ikea, don't try to put this cage together by yourself.
Once assembled, I proceeded to set up the cage and as others have mentioned, the spring loaded small access gates on the side are not logical. A bird could simply push it's way outside of the cage, another reason why I can't give this cage 5 stars.
On the plus side this cage provides more than enough space for Zebra Finches, bar spacing is appropriate so they will not be escaping any time soon. This is truly a flight cage.
Overall this is a really great buy, a cage like this would easily go for $300-$400.
The castor wheels do not lock but I haven't had any problems with the cage moving, if you have a large bird or large birds consider that the wheels do not lock. I love the convenience of being able to push them into another area at any given time.
Since this cage is 60 inches high it ill be very easy to tell if a bird is sick, there is no good reason for a bird to sit at the bottom of this cage when everything and everyone else is in the middle or at the top.
I've lined the grill with 4 layers newspaper on top since I can't imagine having to pull it out and wash it on a daily basis, it is quite large. I have also the pull out tray lined with newspaper to absorb and water that leaks through the grill.
The storage shelf at the bottom is very handy as I store all of their supplies there.The Zebra finches love this cage.
Overall I would purchase the Prevue Hendryx F050 Wrought Iron Flight Cage again.
- very nice cage -- sturdy, beautiful finish
- huge. our little finches were rescued from a tiny cage at a flea market, what a joy to watch them loving all this extra room.
- so roomy u can add plants, patch of sod, even a small ficus and a bathing pool, nests, and they still have most of the cage to fly around in
- hinged doors everywhere and feed trays, too. bottom tray fit perfectly, btw.
- comes with more than enough dowels for perching, we used only two of them and added a large diagonal branch (they love it)
- casters roll easily from back porch to outside for cleaning or just to give them a scenery change
- HUGE PLUS: well designed (high sides and back, low front) feeding trays keep seeds from flying out and onto the floor
we're limiting their breeding with dummy eggs (found some on dummyeggs.com -- it really works!) so they'll be enjoying all this space for a long time.
so glad we decided to get this.