Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Prevue Hendryx Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage
|Price:||$118.15 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Our flight cage makes the perfect home for multiple parakeets, canaries or finches
- 4 Plastic double cups and 3 wood perches are included
- Bottom grille and drawer slide out for convenient cleaning
- Durable wrought iron construction is easy to assemble
- 31-Inch long, 20-1/2-inch wide, 53-inch high with 1/2-inch wire spacing
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Prevue Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage with Stand F040 Black Bird Cage makes the perfect home for multiple parakeets, canaries or finches. Featuring two large front doors and a bottom shelf for additional storage space, this flight cage stands on rolling casters and is easily moved from room to room. Four plastic double cups and three wood perches are included in this economical extra large cage. Our wrought iron Flight Cage with Stand is 31-inch long, 20-1/2-inch wide and 53-inch high with 1/2-inch wire spacing, available in Black Wrought Iron only.
Size: Large | Color: Black Hammertone
Top Customer Reviews
When the Prevue Hendryx F050 cage arrived at my private mailbox, it had a UPS sticker with a warning label that the item weighed over 70 pounds, which was odd to me since I thought it was only 42 pounds. I had my boyfriend put it in the back of my SUV ( rear seats folded to fit) with the assistance of a dolly in order to take it home.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the side gates of the cage were bent and that is why I can't give this a 5 star rating.The assembly of the cage required two of us to put together, I would rate the difficulty of assembly as medium, it took us 38 minutes to fully assemble it. In other words if you loathe Ikea, don't try to put this cage together by yourself.
Once assembled, I proceeded to set up the cage and as others have mentioned, the spring loaded small access gates on the side are not logical. A bird could simply push it's way outside of the cage, another reason why I can't give this cage 5 stars.
On the plus side this cage provides more than enough space for Zebra Finches, bar spacing is appropriate so they will not be escaping any time soon. This is truly a flight cage.
Overall this is a really great buy, a cage like this would easily go for $300-$400.
The castor wheels do not lock but I haven't had any problems with the cage moving, if you have a large bird or large birds consider that the wheels do not lock. I love the convenience of being able to push them into another area at any given time.
Since this cage is 60 inches high it ill be very easy to tell if a bird is sick, there is no good reason for a bird to sit at the bottom of this cage when everything and everyone else is in the middle or at the top.
I've lined the grill with 4 layers newspaper on top since I can't imagine having to pull it out and wash it on a daily basis, it is quite large. I have also the pull out tray lined with newspaper to absorb and water that leaks through the grill.
The storage shelf at the bottom is very handy as I store all of their supplies there.The Zebra finches love this cage.
Overall I would purchase the Prevue Hendryx F050 Wrought Iron Flight Cage again.
As for cockatiels, it's perfect. I only have one and I think I spoil her. This cage would comfortably fit about 6 'tiels. Short term you could probably have more (say if you were breeding and taking the babies out when they get big enough) and it has plenty of spots for nesting boxes.
Overall if you have a small bird this will be great for you.
- 3 out of the 4 plastic dishes that came with the cage had broken hanging clips rendering them useless (pic shown, good thing I had ordered others before hand)
- on one of the panels the holes for the screws were not punched all the way through and we had to force the rest of the punch out with a tool
- one of the peg holes was bent inward to the point the peg for the upper cage panel would not go in, we had to bend it back out
- one of the 6 smaller spring doors doesn't even open, it's still attached to the rest of the cage so won't open less I decide to take some wire cutters to it (pic shown, showing the uncut bar)
- the doors can be pushed open from the inside so a smart, determined birdie could get out if they really wanted, I will have to buy some clips or use ties for safety
- the instructions weren't very clear, the panels weren't labeled
- one of the bars in the bottom panel is bent (pic shown, I don't think it'll cause an issue but thought I should mention it)
That all aside I do like the finished product and look forward to the rest of my bird toys/dishes getting here so I can get it set up and my little feather baby moved into it.
UPDATE: Skeeter loves his home! <3 I got some ring clips to keep his doors closed (yes, he does try to open them). This cage is so easy to clean, I absolutely love this purchase.