Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 1, 2012 2:50:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2012 4:44:25 AM PST
Eric Hair says:
Deep Discount has this listed at $401.65. I let Amazon know through the "tell us about a lower price" link. Hopefully, Amazon will match DD.

If you want to keep an eye on it or just order it from DD go to:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/dvd/dark-shadows-complete-original-series/

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 5:06:52 PM PST
Last time I looked, namesake, Amazon does not generally do price matches. However, you have 2 months, they may lower it in that time.

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 8:29:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2012 8:37:26 PM PST
Eric Hair says:
Actually, Amazon tries to have the lowest price available for pre-orders and they do price match when they can. If they didn't why bother having a link that says "tell us about a lower price". Once it comes out they don't usually match with others but with pre-orders they try.

It's not worth arguing about but it is worth noting that Deep Discount lowered it again to $361.65. I notified Amazon and it they don't lower the price some I can't see not buying if from DD. I've never had any problems with DD like some people say they have and I can't pass up saving almost $60.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/dvd/dark-shadows-complete-original-series/

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 10:47:46 AM PST
Get the best deal you can, namesake, I am content with my copies I bought over the first 6 years (including the blooper disc) and I finally bought Special Edition and Reunion from a fast timing Marketplace Seller just some months ago.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 3:04:44 PM PST
Snipes says:
Personally I'd go with Amazon. I'd just placed an order with Deep Discount then canceled it. They pre-authorized a debit on my credit card automatically after I placed the order when they're not supposed to charge me until the item is shipped. Also once you add sales tax and the fact they're going to ship it for free via snail mail, it's comes out to only $20 less than Amazon. Plus doing a little research DD has a history of taking more orders than they can actually fulfill so you stand the chance of missing out if this is truly a limited edition set. Plus their customer service is pretty lacking, you can't just cancel an order yourself like Amazon you have to email them. They said it's going to 5-7 days to cancel my order... ridiculous. Amazon is worth an extra $20 just for the fact you know you're going to get what you ordered and there will be no funny business, plus I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon lowered the price over the next month, and if you've already pre-ordered it they'll adjust your price.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 4:40:39 PM PST
Eric Hair says:
Actually, for me, the price difference is 53.34 with priority shipping. I've been using DD.com for almost 10 years and have never had a problem. No pre-authorization and, unless they are in your state, no sales tax. I have this pre-ordered on both sites in case Amazon lowers the price. Don't get me wrong I do prefer Amazon, very few problems in almost 15 years, but to save over $50 I have to give DD a shot.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 4:53:44 PM PST
Snipes says:
For $50 I might take the risk. But where I live it's almost $30 in sales tax and they DID pre-authorize my card, got a notification from my credit card company telling me so, I'm just not interested in dealing with a company that says one thing and does another. Anyhow it's only a $20 savings on my end and I didn't think that was worth it, plus I get $12.50 back in Amazon points based on the current price so my savings would have really only been $7.50.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 4:12:36 PM PST
I have found that happens but then it falls off, if the preorder date is down the road. I preordered Hawaii Five O Set 12 and the Murder She Wrote Sequel films before both were released from Barnes & Noble (they beat Amazon on both the day I placed my order). My card was preauthorized as you say for maybe a week or 2. Since the Murder She Wrote set was not due to ship til Valentine's Day, they waited on both. But leading up to that, the "precharge" had already been lifted, and was recharged when they shipped on the 14th.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 11:57:24 AM PST
Snipes says:
Yea, I'm just not too impressed with them. I requested a cancellation the same day I ordered and they still haven't done it. It shouldn't take this long to cancel a pre-order. Not saying they aren't a stand up company, as I think I've purchased something from them many years ago, but they aren't very up to speed.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 4:34:06 PM PST
Deep Discount has a toll free number on their site, I think you can call to cancel an order.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 2:28:48 PM PST
Snipes says:
Where is it? All if can find is a form to email them.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 4:28:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2012 4:29:04 PM PST
Here's their snail mail address, 900 North Rohlwing Road Itasca, IL 60143, they must have pulled their number off their site, but I am sure you can look it up.

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 8:40:09 PM PDT
Eric Hair says:
Got mine today, Friday March 23. It is awesome. There is nothing I can add that you can't find in Maydays review other than, wow this thing is big. I am surprised they shipped it well before whichever release date is right and they didn't charge my card until after it shipped. I never really had a problem with DD but I had never pre-ordered from them either. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised on all counts.

I use Amazon for probably 99% of my pre-orders but for a big savings I may have to give DD another shot in the future. I hope that anyone else who ordered from them had a good experience also.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 7:52:00 PM PDT
If you want the phone number for Deep Discount check the credit card statement from your last order with them. They've removed it from their site but the number is on the statements, I've used that to talk to them on orders before.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Feb 1, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about