Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Jon Batiste PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Pride and Prejudice
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 12, 2017
I was expecting this edition to contain critical reviews, but the only supplementary material was historical pieces on Austen and her time period. Other than that, no complaints here.
on February 22, 2016
The footnotes throughout the story made "Pride and Prejudice" more enjoyable. I was able to understand the historical content of text making the story come alive.
on March 4, 2016
A very fine account of Jane Austen's life
on October 11, 2008
This is THE edition of Pride and Prejudice.

I teach English, and I asked my school to order this edition for my students, and the Penguin Classics edition showed up instead. I nearly swore at the person involved. Of course I restrained myself. Somewhat.

The materials in this book to aid students surpass the Penguin Classics by a mile--everything from the background material (the essay by Johnson is a must) to pictures of period fashions and architecture. Most high school students need all the help they can get, and there is no more help available in a single volume than here.

As far as I know, Norton Critical has never published P&P, but I know they'd do a good enough job to rival this. But for now, this is the edition you want, if you want to understand the book.
on June 16, 2016
Good book.
on September 19, 2012
I've always loved Pride and Prejudice, but this edition is so much more. The notes about the culture of the time really helped me to understand the book better. I found the front and back matter to be useful and interesting.