Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Pride & Protection (Southern Boys Book 2) Kindle Edition
|Length: 254 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Book 2 of 3 in Southern Boys|
|Age Level: 18 - 18|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "I came away with all the good feels and really liking this couples dynamic. There are just a few sex scenes but they are on fire, with some dominating action from both Del and Taylor. Did I mention the wall sex? Desk sex? No filler sex though, just enough to punctuate the strong HFN ending. Recommended reading." nrevvy, Amazon reader
- "I love a good May to December romance, Del being the kind, understanding older man who helps the closeted Taylor, this slow burn my favourite kind of story." Amazon customer
- "What do you get when you mix an out and proud bear from California, a deeply closeted cop, slow burning friends-to-lovers, May/December romance, pride, loyalty, fast cars, bigotry, and life in a small Tennessee town? Throw in the stellar talent of master wordsmith K.C. Wells, and you get a poignant, powerful, grab-you-by-the-feels, engaging, fascinating, fantastic, and totally awesome tale guaranteed to pull you in and keep you hooked from beginning to end. Don't walk...RUN to get this gem immediately!!!" Patricia Nelson, Amazon reader
- "Once again KC Wells has blown it out of the water. There's a reason why I always one click her books. The dynamics between Taylor and Del was phenomenal. I genuinely loved every minute of this book." Emma Brown, Amazon reader
- File Size : 1355 KB
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B07TDFR2ZB
- Publication Date : June 18, 2019
- Print Length : 254 pages
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Simultaneous Device Usage : Unlimited
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #110,834 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
And I have to admit I love how the cop was able to let go and not be a cop when he was with his boyfriend. Even if it took awhile to get them to that relationship status (lol).
Taylor and Del were so well matched that it made me want another story soon. I can’t wait to see what comes next.
TOWN" was a story I appreciate reading from YOU Ms. KC. WELLS. Went thru
My book lists & realized; that I had bought '14 of YOUR STORIES'.
MY ALL TIME FAVORITE story is "LOVE LESSONS LEARNED" one of more than
800 stories on My tablet. Looking forward to YOUR story featuring '2background
characters: CHAZ & KENDIS!! Again THANKS!
Pride & Protection introduces two very different men at different stages in their lives. Both are equally likeable and well-rounded. It was easy to cheer for their HEA.
The author covered the themes of coming out and homophobia with decent emotional depth and understanding.
This is my first book from this author. I’ll definitely check out more.
A couple of little side plots: (a) the beaten-up young boy kicked out of home, and (b) who was it who wrote that graffiti on the garage window?
An ok read.
Top reviews from other countries
Del is an older gay bear, and someone who is out and proud, and it seems like the conservative town he has moved to are not too keen to have him there. He is only there to be near his brother and open a news motorcycle shop together, but I think he wonders if he has made a huge mistake at times, due to the homophobes in the town.
Taylor meets Del when there is trouble at the bike workshop, but the big difference between Del and Taylor, besides their ages, is that Taylor is firmly in the closet, and has no intention of coming our for anyone.
The way that the story is written, I could see both sides of the story for being out and proud, and then being firmly closeted. I could feel the emotions of both MC's in the story, and got the feels for them both - but also wondering if they would get their HEA, as it was a huge step for Taylor to take to come out, but he had to do it for himself not be forced out by others.
I especially loved the time that Taylor and Del spent together, and it was obvious they were meant to be together, but first Taylor needed to get comfortable with exactly who he was, and try and shed the persona he showed to everyone else, but this could be too bigger step for him to take, but was he prepared to lose Del?
Del the silver fox returns to his hometown in Tennessee and opens his shop "Rainbow Racers" . And Taylor the cop, who is deep in the closet.
A wonderful story about coming out, standing by yourself, about prejudice and true love.
Another masterpiece by the author, highly recommendable.