Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Primal Cravings: Your favorite foods made Paleo Hardcover – June 4, 2013
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Megan and Brandon Keatley are certified Crossfit coaches and teach numerous classes each week in Columbia, South Carolina. They also provide ongoing nutrition counseling and workshops aligned with Primal/paleo diet principles to personal clients and gym members. In 2012, competing together in the team competition, they took 7th in the CrossFit Games Southeast Regional. Brandon is a lifelong athlete who has long been fascinated by diet and nutrition. In his extensive research of the role food plays in health, fitness, and peak performance, he discovered the principles of the Primal/paleo eating strategy in 2006 - and hasn't looked back since! Megan has cooked at home since age seven, and worked in restaurants since the age of 15. She's waited tables, washed dishes and prepared meals - sometimes all in the same day! She has completed training with the Culinary Institute of America chefs and worked as an executive pastry chef at one of Columbia's best known eateries. Since meeting while earning their degrees at the University of South Carolina, the Keatleys' founded their food blog, Health-Bent.com, on the premise that eating within seemingly strict guidelines can be much easier and tastier than imagined. Their recipes are inventive, but always feel approachable, without the unnecessary fuss of expensive ingredients and hours of prep. Health-Bent.com has been lauded as a premier resource for the most delicious Primal/paleo recipes and down to earth lifestyle advice.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
Other than that every single thing that I've made in it has been delicious. And by saying every single thing I've made, I don't mean I've only made one or two things, I've made at least 10-15 things from this book so far. I love that dairy is optional. We eat dairy so the addition of butter and cheese (all optional) was a nice change. I've also been an avid baker for quite some time, and find that they're cookies/cakes/etc. live up to expectation. They're really played their ration of tapioca flour and coconut flour out. Things are fluffy when they're supposed to be and dense when they're supposed to be (this also goes for most of the book, for example the pancakes).
This book is also far less complicated than a lot of other primal/paleo cookbooks. It doesn't require you to make seventeen sauces from scratch to complete one recipe (yes, exaggeration, but you get the picture). Also, you don't have to run out and buy things that you've never heard of before, don't know where to find them, or have to spend loads of money on right off the bat. This is a great beginners cookbook for the paleo/primal lifestyle.
And, last but not least, it actually tastes and feels like you're eating your favorite foods. Have a pancake craving? a cook craving? and hamburger craving? IT'S ALL IN HERE.
I could seriously sing the praises of this book for quite some time, but I'll refrain. Just know that you can't go wrong with this book. EVER!
1) The authors explain everything really well...and they even suggest what brand tapioca and coconut flour, etc to buy (I should have heeded the tapioca suggestion b/c I did taste some bitterness like they mention, but not too bad)
2) Picture for every single recipe. Majority of recipes have a handful of ingredients.
3) No baking with almond flour!!! Even though tapioca is a bit "carby" I appreciate that there is no almond flour in this book
4) I love everything about this cook book and only hope they come out with another one AS SOON AS POSSIBLE :) :) :)
5) I'm one of the weirdos whose cholesterol gets affected by saturated fat (both plant & animal) so maybe next time they can include more suggestions with some of their recipes about other fat sources to use - like for instance, the chicken tenders need palm shortening and I'm hesistant to use it :( but I might just do it and watch my levels elsewhere in the week/day :-p
6) Cheese Crackers are a once in a while treat but SO EASY AND DELICIOUS. Perfect for a day at the winery!!
7) Gingerbread Muffins are FAB.
8) I'm making chunky monkey muffins as soon as my silicone muffin liners arrive :)
BUY THIS BOOK - YOU WON'T REGRET IT. hardcover, beautiful. delicious.
My only critique is that they do not give the calorie, carb, or sugar content of the recipes. Given the aforementioned carb content I'm somewhat surprised that Mark Sisson has endorsed this book.
I would recommend this book to friends and family.
Update-06-17...An informed listener, indeed, informed me that there is caloric info in the back of the book...oops; so 5-stars it is...
Happy birthday to me...